Destination Weddings Discussions

RSVPs coming back in the mail...

Sent our invites out last week and have started getting RSVP cards back in.

So far no surprises in attending/not attending, but I must admit I'm hoping for at least one surprise guest to attend that we weren't expecting on making the trip!!  Haha!

Also have one return so far that has no name written on it and no return address label (a decline), but still would like to know who "it" is definitively :)

Anyone else have invites out?? 

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: RSVPs coming back in the mail...

• It's a bit late now, but for RSVP's, they recommend either writing people's names on them or writing a number on them (some say in invisible ink) to reference to your guest list.  That way you can check to see who those "no name" RSVP's belong to, which most people have at least one.

I just realized that I forgot to do this with mine (invites are going out in a couple weeks), so I'm glad I saw your post. :)

• All of our RSVPs are in! We will have 30 guests joining us for our Vegas wedding. Its always exciting getting RSVPs back!

Can't wait to say 'I do' on April 14, 2014 - Planning Bio

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Visit LasVegas.Weddings.com

• nicoann, I remembered this part after we received that RSVP back without a name...oh well!  Could definitely be worse things to happen!!!

missmo14, you are so right!  checking the mail is super fun now!!!  30 is a great number! 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We have gotten about half back, but they have 3 more weeks to send them back. We had a few decide to come that we are exicted about, and a few who decided to opt out that we are bummed about. Out of 110 invites, we figured we'd get close to 70, looks like it'll be closer to 60. Either way, it'll be fun. :)
    "There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness." -Friedrich Nietzsche, "On Reading and Writing"
  • We have had several "informal" RSVPs, as we've just sent out save-the-dates, but people are buying plane tickets for our Mexico wedding. We are looking at about 30 of our invited 110 - about what we were expecting. So excited! We chose the destination because we wanted a very small, intimate wedding, but didn't want to offend anyone in our (large) families by not inviting them. Looks like we are getting what we wanted!

• SarahWins said:
    We have had several "informal" RSVPs, as we've just sent out save-the-dates, but people are buying plane tickets for our Mexico wedding. We are looking at about 30 of our invited 110 - about what we were expecting. So excited! We chose the destination because we wanted a very small, intimate wedding, but didn't want to offend anyone in our (large) families by not inviting them. Looks like we are getting what we wanted!
    This is what we are hoping for in choosing a DW. We both have very large families and just cannot afford to feed everyone at a reception. That is what we found to be our biggest expense. The food! How silly. Anyway, congrats on getting exactly what you guys wanted!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    "It’s not hard to find someone who tells you they love you, its hard to find someone who actually means it"
  • SarahWins said:
    We chose the destination because we wanted a very small, intimate wedding, but didn't want to offend anyone in our (large) families by not inviting them. Looks like we are getting what we wanted!
    SarahWins...EXACTLY what we wanted too and exactly what is happening!!!  :-)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • That is exactly why we decided on our Destination Wedding also!

When are you ladies getting married? My wedding is May 2015. I sent the Save the Dates the first week in March. I was going to wait until about Oct/Nov to send the Formal Invitation, but I really want an official headcount for budgeting purposes before that. Would July be too early to mail out the Formal invite?....If I give them until maybe the first week of October to RSVP? 

Id love your thoughts! Happy planning ladies!
  • @ Tasha682 you would be sending the formal invitations out this July 2014?  I don't think its too early but typically what I've heard is that you shouldn't make them due back any more than 2 months before the date.  I've heard the standard is that you should ask for them back 15 days before the venue asks for the final head count (ours is 30 days before the wedding so we made the RSVPs due 45 days before the event). 

• @GlitterWitch22 We sent the save the dates out so early because we wanted to give our guest the opportunity to get on a payment plan and have at least a year to pay for their trip. 

Maybe I will do the invites in July, and make the RSVP deadline Dec or January. 

• tasha682 said:
    That is exactly why we decided on our Destination Wedding also!

When are you ladies getting married? My wedding is May 2015. I sent the Save the Dates the first week in March. I was going to wait until about Oct/Nov to send the Formal Invitation, but I really want an official headcount for budgeting purposes before that. Would July be too early to mail out the Formal invite?....If I give them until maybe the first week of October to RSVP? 

Id love your thoughts! Happy planning ladies!
    Our wedding is December of this year. We are sending invites to Brazil for his family at the end of this month, since they don't do save-the-dates there, and sending them to everyone in the US in June/July. Our RSVP date is Oct. 1, since we have to release rooms at the resort by Oct. 20. I didn't find any of this written anywhere, just kind of going with our gut about timing. Whatever works for you and your guests, do it! Hope this helps.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards