Wedding Woes

Engagement Party Ruined by Fiance. Sad, Disheartened, Confused. HELP!

2»

Re: Engagement Party Ruined by Fiance. Sad, Disheartened, Confused. HELP!

• Viczaesar said:
    You know, love as a feeling isn't inherently valuable to anyone other than the person feeling it.  It becomes valuable to the person who is loved because that feeling motivates and inspires loving acts toward that person.  If someone feels love for you and gets to enjoy all those warm squishies, but that doesn't inspire him to act out all of those feelings toward you, then he has already gotten enough reward for that love.  You owe him nothing, because he has given you nothing.

@Returnofkuus I just have to say the way you put this was great! I love it! I kind of want to cut and paste and make a face book posting out of it. Of course the funny part would be people scratching there heads when at the end it says "quote by Returnofkuus"...
    My real name is Aletheia, if that helps.
    That is a beautiful name.  I'm sure you already know this, but it means "truth" in Greek. 
    I do indeed, though I'm not Greek.
  • not inviting his family to the party wouldnt solve anything....sure you would go to the party, both put on a fake smile, and have a great time but the next morning the issues would still be there.  Counseling sounds like a great way for you to once again show how much you care for him.  Show him that the two of you are in this together.  He needs to learn how to show love.  I really think that once he learns how to do that not only will you feel like you have a brand new, wonderful, relationship, he will also feel wonderful that he can now do for you what you have done for him for so many years.  I know you havent said that vows yet but in my opinion "for better or worse" doesnt start that day at the alter.  
  • Before you say I do, STOP and find a counselor. After marriage these things do not change. If anything it intensifies and tests your marriage. No one is perfect but he needs to deal with his issues first. Love can be expressed many ways but if you cannot even communicate with each other how will you find solutions for your marital issues. Add money and children and the animosity and malice increases. If you love him, be truthful with him and yourself. If you're not happy then speak up. Do not be afraid of what will happen afterwards. Life will continue and the sun will shine again!
  • This post is a month old, guys. She's received her recommendations and has done something to work on her problem.

• i feel in you in terms of communication my fi mother has not been at all suportive of the wedding she told her only son i dont want you to get married i never did, our wedding is in june and i dont think she is going to come my fi does not care but one way or the other but i think she should come and see her son get married, my sister sent out my invites for my shower and he told me my moms not going.

its bad enough we have dated 4 years invited her to all my familys holiday fuctions and she has not come to one nor has my parents even met her very ockward situation
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards