April 2014 Weddings

GTKY: April 2014 Edition

2»

Re: GTKY: April 2014 Edition

• 1. How did you and FI meet? John and I met at a bar. I was there with my friends and he stopped in with a co-worker after work. He asked if he could buy me a drink and then before he left asked for my number. He texted me the next day and a few days later asked me out.

2. How long have you been together/how long have you been engaged? We have been dating for 1 year. We got engaged July 28th.

3. Why did you choose April 2014? We chose April of 2014 because his mom is moving sometime in the summer of 2014 and she is helping me with a lot of the planning.  

4. What do you do for a living? I am a nanny an part time student. He is an electrician.

5. Any furbabies? He has a 7 year old boxer named Buddy. Once we buy our house (within the next year!) he promised I could have a long haired, black and tan Chihuahua.
  • ShawnaM83ShawnaM83 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited November 2013
    1. How did you and FI meet?
    We have worked together for about 6 years. Over that time we went from voices on opposite ends of the phone, to co-workers in neighboring offices, to work friends who just talked at work, to supportive friends through tough situations, to best friends, to dating, to engaged because he's the most wonderful person I've ever met. 

2. How long have you been together/how long have you been engaged? 
    We're not really sure at what point our best friends who did everything together became dating. We weren't really aware that our friendship appeared to be a relationship until co-workers started asking us how long we had been dating. Engaged, just a couple months.

3. Why did you choose April 2014?  
    With deployment schedules, and family all over the US, and wanting to make sure his daughter could attend (she lives with her mom) and the fact our first choice venue didn't do summer weddings, spring break was the best option for us. So we picked a middle of the week date, as we're getting married at a very popular wedding venue during a very popular time of year. 

4. What do you do for a living?
    We are both active duty Air Force. 

5. Any furbabies?
    We have two dogs - a 2 year old boxer named Roxxie (spoiled rotten - she is his baby) and a 1 year old rott/lab mix named Bear (he is built like a rott, has the energy of a lab and thinks he's the size of a chihuahua). My daughter also has a Chinese Dwarf Hamster named Sunshine. (Sorry, no pictures on this computer.)
  • I'm late to this, but we just changed our wedding date. We had planned a big Destination Wedding, and due to family drama pulled the plug on it. Now we are doing a very small wedding a few hours from our house. 

We've known each other for 10 years, and we're close friends. He was my rock through my divorce from my abusive ex, and during that time we just grew closer and closer as friends. Once I was divorced, we both knew we liked each other and decided to date and to see what came of it. 

We got engaged on June 2nd, our 1 year anniversary, so almost 6 months. 

We were originally planning for June 2nd (to keep it simple), but when we cancelled the other wedding we decided to move it up to April. 

I work in accounting, and he's in IT.

5. Any furbabies? (This question requires pictures! Haha)
    He has a 14 year old cattle dog, and I have a 7 year old mutt (cavalier king charles spaniel and maltese mix). The picture is of my 3 year old daughter, and my dog. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • 1. How did you and FI meet?
    Antonio and I met through a work meeting... Actually, I had hired some publicity through him and they messed up. Needless to say, I was very angry and demanded his cell phone number to be able to contact him if anything went wrong again. Thankfully nothing went wrong... and I got a tour of the projecting area of the movie theater which is beyond breathtaking!  Oddly enough, somewhere along the tour of the clicking film reels and apologies, he stole my heart! :)

We have been together from Jan 4, 2011 (so roughly 3 years) and engaged since the 4th of September, 2013

Initially, I wanted to wait longer, but he wanted to get married as soon as possible... So after talking it through, we decided on April, which is also my parents anniversary. Also, it is important for my best friend to be at my wedding, and this date also worked for her to travel! 

I am the head of marketing for a retail company in Ecuador, and Antonio is a marketing assistant in a movie theater chain in Ecuador. 

Well, I am glad you asked! I have 2 French Bulldogs that I adore! 

Nina S

We used to work together, then I got fired! haha rude!
              We have been together for six years, engaged about a year ago
            We are getting married outside at his dad's ranch and didn't want any of that good ole TX heat making it uncomfortable!
            I am a Beauty Consultant for Merle Norman Cosmetics, and he owns a third party birth certificate expediting service.
             We have two 6 year old cats.... Rampage (all black)  and B-ry (cutest hitler mustache ever!)!

We have been friends for about 10 years, hanging around in the same circle, I was the bartender back then, he was the customer  :)  We both had relationships, but it wasn't until 5 years ago when we both happen to be single at the same time...that it just clicked!

We have been together for about 5 years and have been engaged for a year and about 2 months.
    Our friend got home from Afghanistan in late fall and while we wanted to get married soon and in a warm month, we also wanted to wait for our friend to get back home.  April in CT has a pretty good chance of it not being crazy cold.
    I am an IT Auditor
    We do have one 10 year old Australian Cattle Dog, but I don't have any pictures on my PC of him.
  • jphil0790jphil0790 member
    5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited March 2014
    We actually met online, super cheesy
    Started dating April 24th 2010 so on our wedding day it will be a total of 4 years and 1 day. We have been engaged for a little over a year (February 14th, 2013) i know i know super cheesy
    Our "anniversary" is in April so we had to keep it easy for him to remember ;)
    I am a Office Admin for a Fire Alarm company and he installs the fire alarm systems at the same company.
    we have 2 dogs and a cat, and my computer wont let me attach files :(
  • amm88amm88 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Comment

We met on a ferry. We used to live on an island and we both used the ferry to commute to work.

We dated for about a couple of years, then he moved to VA in the end of 2011. We had a long distance relationship for about 6 months then I moved here in July 2012 to be with him. We've been living together since then and got engaged in June, 2013. Overall, we've been together for almost 5 years now, engaged for 9 months.

Spring in VA is beautiful! Also, he was working overseas on a project that would end in the end of March. We wanted to make sure the wedding date wouldn't conflict with his project's schedule.

I'm an accountant, he's an architect.

No, not yet. Maybe a dog after I pass all the exams to become a CPA.

Anniversary

We met through mutual friends who were at the time, my roommates. Roommates and I parted ways once the lease was up, but we stayed together. 

We've been together for going on 5 years and we got engaged September 29th, 2013. 

We chose April 5th because we wanted an outdoor ceremony and wanted to get married as soon as we could!

I work at a bank as a teller manager and my FI works as a general service manager at an auto shop. 

5. Any furbabies?

No, I really really want a dog (golden, german shepherd, or something), but my FI is allergic :( our house has no yard, so no outside dog either

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards