African American Weddings
Options

NEWBIES--PLEASE READ--KOTW

tirathemrstirathemrs member
First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
edited March 2014 in African American Weddings
Ive notice we have a few new brides and no one has yet to come out and tell us about their engagement stories or how anyone has met the future MR...

So wtbs, Im asking anyone that willing to be KNOTTIE OF THE WEEK (KOTW) to fill out this post (copy and paste) and lets chat!!!. Tell us about your and your soon to be hubby!!!

1. First Name & Fiance's First Name

2. Your Birthday & Age and Fiance's Birthday and Age

3. City Born In?

4. City Live in?

5. Where did you go to college?

6. What was your major?

7. What is your current job?

8. What is your dream job?

9. How did you and your fiance meet?

10.  When did you get engaged and how did he do it??

11. When is the Wedding Day?

12. Where is the ceremony and reception?

13. What are your wedding colors?

14. Where are you honeymooning?

15. Favorite wedding vendor so far?

16. Biggest wedding splurge?

17. What is something you wish you could have at the wedding but don't?

18. Another knottie wedding you'd like to attend?

19. Favorite book?

20. Favorite movie?

21. Favorite tv show?

22. Favorite wedding dress designer?

23. Any advice you can give?

24. Anything you wish you could change about your wedding?

25. Share something about yourself!

Lilypie - H1jI

Daisypath - MFL5

Re: NEWBIES--PLEASE READ--KOTW

• Options
    Tia & Randy

January 10th, 29 years young & July 30th, 31 years OLD

3. City Born In? Cincinnati

4. City Live in? Cincinnati
    5. Where did you go to college? Cincinnati State
    6. What was your major? Cardiovascular sonography
    7. What is your current job? Claims follow up
    8. What is your dream job? Child psychology
    9. How did you and your fiance meet? Online
    10.  When did you get engaged and how did he do it?? Christmas 2013; After everyone opened their Christmas gifts, he had my youngest daughter blind fold me, while my oldest daughter went to get my gift out of hiding. He then began to play, Future, I Wanna Be With You. When the blind fold was removed he had a mini helicopter (toy) flying, which spealled out, will you marry me?! Sooooooo sweet! I covered my face to cry. Of course I said yes!!
    11. When is the Wedding Day? October 10, 2014
    12. Where is the ceremony and reception? Cincinnati, Oh @ A Touch of Elegance13. What are your wedding colors? Red, Teal & Silver
    14. Where are you honeymooning? We're still debating. But leaning towards a cruise which would go to Jamaica, Mexico, and Cayman Island :-)
    15. Favorite wedding vendor so far? Um, I would say the lady which is making my wedding flowers (out of coffee filters!)
    16. Biggest wedding splurge? The venue cost the most, obviously. I haven't really splurged on anything
    17. What is something you wish you could have at the wedding but don't? A photo booth!
    18. Another knottie wedding you'd like to attend? I don't know any :-(

19. Favorite book? I don't really read. Although I would like to start. Any recommendations?!

20. Favorite movie? Grease & Dirty Dancing!!!
    21. Favorite tv show? Right now, I'd say Person of Interest
    22. Favorite wedding dress designer? I haven't really gotten into individual designers, just looked at gowns. But I do like the allure gowns :-)

23. Any advice you can give? None at the moment
    24. Anything you wish you could change about your wedding? My budget! Everything add up so fast, before you know it all of the budgeted money is gone, or close to it. I also wish I could have more people attend.
    25. Share something about yourself! I have 2 girls, which are 13 and soon to be 8. They are my hearts <3. I enjoy spending time with my close family and friends, going to the movies, going out to eat, and just the simple things in life.

• Options
    Slaughter2014 that was a very unique and beautiful way to proprose... Loved it, i think i wouldve been balling myself lol! A cruise for the honeymoon sounds perfect.. ive been on two myself and i loved them.. Now the wedding flowers (out of coffee filters?????) who does that? id like to see how that looks, sounds very interesting.. And yes budgets tend to add up and go over soo fast... Again nice of you to come out of lurking mood and chat with us.... Welcome and Congrats again

Lilypie - H1jI

Daisypath - MFL5

• Options
    Welcome to the group Tia. I loved your proposal. Wishing you peace and happiness during your planning and marriage. Look forward to reading more about your planning process.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Thank you ladies! @misstira the bouquets are still being made, but I've attached some pictures I've seen online of them :-).
  • Options
    Not so newly engaged, but I can participate. Those are some good questions.
    hallunscripted.blogspot.com
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    LaVaH112 just copy and paste it either to this thread or a new one and put the title KOTW-Newbie

Lilypie - H1jI

Daisypath - MFL5

• Options
    Vanessa & LaSella
    December 20th & 28/July 19th & 30
    3. City Born In?
    Providence
    4. City Live in?
    Smyrna
    5. Where did you go to college?
    La Salle University
    6. What was your major?
    Business Adminstration - Marketing & Organizational Management 
    Minor - Digital Arts
    7. What is your current job?
    Office Manager (at a dance studio)
    8. What is your dream job?
    Owning my own dance studio
    9. How did you and your fiance meet?
    We met on campus. Initially in passing, but formally at an on-campus party where he asked me to dance and I said no. 
    10.  When did you get engaged and how did he do it??
    We got engaged July 4, 2013 (not so newly engaged) and he proposed on campus with my family and friends hiding in the bushes. I posted the video in the group a while ago, but this is an extended version that I created for our 9 year anniversary. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfJ0HmTQQqg
    11. When is the Wedding Day?
    8/1/15
    12. Where is the ceremony and reception?
    TBD - round 2 of venues this weekend, but garden ceremony over looking the water and ballroom style reception in Rhode Island.
    13. What are your wedding colors?
    Purple & Turquoise ;)
    14. Where are you honeymooning?
    We haven't talked about the honeymoon yet.
    15. Favorite wedding vendor so far?
    I don't have any yet, but the DJs I have contacted have been really nice. 
    16. Biggest wedding splurge?
    I plan on splurging on the photography and the FI wants to splurge on the food. We will probably splurge on our bridal party, too!
    17. What is something you wish you could have at the wedding but don't?
    I really like drapery in reception venues, but I don't think I'm willing to pay the drapery prices we have been seeing. 
    18. Another knottie wedding you'd like to attend?
    Still getting to know my fellow knotties weddings, but I think I would want to attend @minsu5's wedding.
    19. Favorite book?
    The Help was the last book I read. Just finished graduate school, so I look forward to reading non-textbooks again.
    20. Favorite movie?
    Anything Will Smith is in.
    21. Favorite tv show?
    Scandal, but How I Met Your Mother is another favorite.
    22. Favorite wedding dress designer?
    I'm bad with names and I haven't started looking at dresses.
    23. Any advice you can give?
    Ask every question even if you think it is stupid. And do not become a bridezilla, but stay firm on what you want and asked for. 
    24. Anything you wish you could change about your wedding?
    So far so good and its early enough that I can change it, if necessary.
    25. Share something about yourself!
    I am proud member of Zeta Phi Beta Sorority, Incorporated! I am Haitian-American and have a BIG family! I promise 250 guests will be the max!
    hallunscripted.blogspot.com
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards