Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Questions regarding Suite Weddings

Hi- We are considering having our small wedding (20-30 guests) in Las Vegas. We are actually surprised by how expensive some of the wedding chapels are (we have only researched hotel chapels). I've noticed that a lot of people seem to have in-suite ceremonies. How does this work? Are there chairs for all of the guests in the suites (I don't want people to have to stand up)? Do you arrange a suite package with the hotel, or do you arrange for your own officiant, etc.? Do the hotels usually allow you to bring in your own food, or do you have to order from them? I would appreciate any advice or information based on your experiences. Sorry for all of the questions- just trying to figure out if this would be a cost-effective option. Thanks in advance!

Re: Questions regarding Suite Weddings

• Options
    have you checked the Flamingo Indoor Chapel? Ours is a little over $500. 
    I hope more people can comment on your thread to give you answers to your questions:)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'm.getting married in a chapel just off the strip. My package can accommodate up to 50 and it include over 100 pics, cake & champagne reception and more I'm spending just under $2k I also upgraded my flowers too.
  • Options
    The Cosmopolitan has a wedding suite which has seating. If you are in a regular suite the basic answer is no the hotels do not allow it ( that's why you don't tell them). You can arrange to rent chairs from a rental company like RSVP and have them delivered to your suite. We are getting married in a wraparound suite at the Cosmopolitan next month. We have arranged our own catering, officiant, etc. Cost was a consideration but the main factors that influenced our decision is we can do whatever we want. We are not limited to the choices a chapel or the hotel offers. We looked at the wedding suite at the Cosmopolitan, mainly because of the seating as you mentioned but we have 13 people who will all fit nicely, albeit standing on the balcony. Hosting the wedding in our suite lets us be as quirky with our pre wedding music choices, flowers, and Elvis as we want to be. The wording in our ceremony is perfectly us, our cake is beautiful, and from what I hear our catering will be phenomenal plus we will have the same photographer for the ceremony, reception, and strip tour who will edit all of our images, not just a few. The hotel's catering was boring, the flowers bland, and no Elvis! Ultimately we are spending a little more doing our ceremony this way versus a chapel and reception elsewhere but everything will be exactly how I, I mean we want it! I also have hired a DOC to help everything move along smoothly.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    our Hotel's In house catering was insanely expensive!!!! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    azwildcatazwildcat member
    5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited March 2014
    ssteele04 and shoebunnie - Thanks. I will look at both the Flamingo chapel and Cosmo suites. greeneyezkat - If you don't mind sharing, where is your venue?
  • Options
    Shocked by how unaffordable in house catering is...btw I am in the industry! Lol!
  • Options
    @rosebubbly Not only is the in house catering insanely expensive it doesn't even look that good. I seriously considered biting the financial bullet and using the hotel's catering but every time I thought about the menu it made me sad. We opted to have Firefly bring the food instead.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Wow firefly delivers?!
  • Options
    @rosebubbly yes ma'am they do!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Just send an RFP. Thanks!
  • Options
    Sent, I should say
  • Options
    @Rosebubbly Let me know if you need anything, I have a copy of our contract and I most likely still have the catering menu somewhere in my email.  The best part? No minimum!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards