Maine
Options

Deciding between venues (Old Marsh Country Club, Village by the Sea and York Golf & Tennis Club)

We're looking at a few venues, the Old Marsh Country Club, Village by the Sea and York Golf & Tennis Club and to hear about other peoples' experiences with the venues. What are you thoughts and how was it working with the venue.

Re: Deciding between venues (Old Marsh Country Club, Village by the Sea and York Golf & Tennis Club)

• Options

Well definitely York Golf and Tennis over Village by the Sea. I was very close to choosing York Golf and Tennis. It is one that you must visit in person.

• Options
    The Old Marsh is under new management and might be great now.  We used them in November, 2013 for our 20 year reunion and the guy that was there was AWFUL.  However, he's gone now and it's a beautiful place!  I looked at the Village by the Sea as well and they are nice but we ended up choosing a different venue.  Good luck! 
  • Options
    We are getting married at the York Golf and Tennis club in August. The only downside for us was when we booked the place our decision was based upon our comfort with the manager Dan and the prices of the banquet menu. We were taken by surprise at the start of the new year when we received email that there was a complete overhaul of the management and head chef. The menu has since changed. Things have been smooth since we were informed of this. We recently had a details meeting with Hannah the event coordinator who is super sweet and was very organized. I would recommend visiting the venue for sure if you are looking for something unique.
  • Options
    wow @kasern10- Dan was a big part of why we almost booked there. I am surprised to hear that he is gone- it seemed like he was the one who brought the place to its current standards with the addition of the deck and other improvements. Hopefully they still provide cookies throughout your reception for your guests!
  • Options
    @lleblanc33 You are as stunned as we were. They are still providing cookies for us but I'm not sure they will continue that for future years as it's not on the new menu
  • Options
    We decided to go with village by the sea. Great prices and great customer service so far. They have been really flexible with our plans and are willing to work with our vision.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards