Destination Weddings Discussions

Looking for a venue in Hawaii

My fiancé and I are looking to get married in Hawaii in December and we're having trouble tracking down a venue that we like. We're between a waterfall (we got engaged under a waterfall) and a beach. If any of you have recommendations for waterfalls or beaches (hopefully private) in Hawaii we'd love to see photos! It's going to be just us, so the venue doesn't have to be large.

Thanks!

Re: Looking for a venue in Hawaii

• Which island are you looking to get married on?  Kauai has the most waterfalls because it rains frequently in the mountains.  It's known as the "garden isle."  When I was researching locations on Maui and Oahu, I found a ton of venues by searching wedding planner websites.  They often have packages and suggest locations for private beach ceremonies too.

By doing a quick Google search for "Waterfall wedding Hawaii,"  I came across the following website with a huge list!

http://www.weddings-kauai.com/waterfalls.php

If you decide to get married on Maui, look up Lori Lawrence at Tropical Maui Weddings. She's currently helping me plan my October wedding at Olowalu Plantation House and she's been great. She has a package for small beach weddings.

Hope this helps!

• As a side note, all beaches in Hawaii are public, unless they are are on private land (for example, Paradise Cove on Oahu).  You will need a permit (I think it's $20, but don't quote me) and structures are not allowed - arches, chairs, etc.  You guests would have to stand, which isn't cool.  All guests should have a chair.  And since they're not private, any random could walk through your wedding at any time.  Check out the Hawaii local board too.  There are a lot of reviews on locations that might help you find something, but start with an island and go from there.  

• Waimea Valley's waterfalls on Oahu is gorgeous. My suggestion for you is, have a back-up plan for weather because I used to live in Honolulu and don't get me wrong, it rains DAILY in Hawaii, but during the dry season it rains about 10 mins/day. The rainy season is from about November to March, in which it rains pretty much all...day...long....
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards