Snarky Brides

You guys are my homies for when I feel like procrastinating.

Which is always. I'm here instead of writing my term paper. What are you all procrastinating?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: You guys are my homies for when I feel like procrastinating.

• Work. Always work.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

"They say there's no such place... as Paradise. Even if you search to the ends of the Earth, there's nothing there. No matter how far you walk, it's always the same road. It just goes on and on. But, in spite of that... Why am I so driven to find it? A voice calls to me... It says, 'Search for Paradise.' " - Kiba, Wolf's Rain

• Work. Boss is gone on business trip that I finally finished organizing, so I am finding reasons that everything I would normally do has to be put off until he's back.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    eyeroll
  • Homework and cleaning the house. I woke up feeling productive, but that lasted maybe 5 minutes. 
  • Work. Mostly because I'm frustrated. But I did clean my desk and organise things and sort things and go through my in-tray.

I'll probably go through my e-mail box while I'm Knotting, because it's mighty full, and it's starting to annoy me.
    Anniversary

I'm gonna go with 'not my circus, not my monkeys.'
  • I always wait months before sorting out my inbox, it's always a disaster. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• I sort out my inbox weekly. The fact that I currently have 40 items in it means there was a disaster.
    eyeroll
  • Right now I should be making cold calls to get people to attend an event. But I cant muster the energy. So I am here.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Work. I should sort out my inbox and write on my dissertation.
  • Work. I'd rather go blind looking at the knot all day than go blind looking at documents all day.
  • Work, work, work. I just reorganized our entire supply room because we have board members coming tomorrow to look at our newly renovated office space. I was looking at houses on Zillow too. And I'm trying not to eat everything in sight even though I'm staaaaaaaaaaaaaaarving.
    ~*~*~*~*~

• Work, work, work. I just reorganized our entire supply room because we have board members coming tomorrow to look at our newly renovated office space. I was looking at houses on Zillow too. And I'm trying not to eat everything in sight even though I'm staaaaaaaaaaaaaaarving.
    I'm trolling Zillow too... we need a better kitchen so badly!
    eyeroll
    This is 100% me right now; minus the supply room thing. Hahaha!

• Work also.  I go back and forth between TK and printing a report.  TK, report. TK report. Okay okay it's more like TK, TK, TK, report, TK TK TK TK..... lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker}
  • WORK! I don't know how I'm going to get through the next month. I have SO much work to do between now and the wedding but the wedding is the only thing on my mind!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Inkdancer said:
    Seriously, I just need more counter space! We have a nice eat-in kitchen in our apartment where we have our 6-seat dining room table. Of course, we never use it because I have to use it to put all the stuff that doesn't fit on my counters/in the cabinets. Thank goodness we prefer to eat dinner in front of the TV anyway. But man, the only reason I don't have my Kitchenaid is because I want it to live on the counter and not in a cabinet!
    ~*~*~*~*~

• I procrastinate on reading papers... There's only so many scientific papers one can read before wanting to become a baker. People in science need to learn how to write! Not all of them, but there are enough that make me cringe. Plus I have vertigo  (or something vertigo-like), so I was off work for like a month trying to figure things out. The Knot  was something that I could actually look at without feeling sick! Plus, it updates more than my usual website favorites.
  • I hear you on the kitchen thing. We have lived in a 1 bedroom apartment for awhile now to save money, and kitchenettes get really old really fast.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Ugh, I hate the kitchen in our apt! It's a galley style, and definitely not enough room/counterspace. Part of one counter is taken by the darn microwave, and there's only two outlets to plug in appliances.

DH and I are starting to casually look on zillow/get ideas about homes etc. One thing we can agree on- kitchen must be big enough to hold our cooking shit, our food, and not have me backing into him when he's doing dishes at the sink and I'm trying to take something out of the oven.

• Inkdancer said:
    Seriously, I just need more counter space! We have a nice eat-in kitchen in our apartment where we have our 6-seat dining room table. Of course, we never use it because I have to use it to put all the stuff that doesn't fit on my counters/in the cabinets. Thank goodness we prefer to eat dinner in front of the TV anyway. But man, the only reason I don't have my Kitchenaid is because I want it to live on the counter and not in a cabinet!
    This! We have a lovely table in the kitchen, but you can't even see it because it's got stuff piled all over it. Same in the dining room.

FBIL hinted that he might make us a butcher block island with storage underneath as our wedding present. If he does, I will cry for joy. He is an amazing woodworker.
    eyeroll
  • Our kitchen is generously sized, thankfully, but there's only around 1.5' of usable counter space between the refrigerator and wall, 2' of usable counter space between the wall and the sink, 1' between the sink and the stove, and another 1' between the stove and the other wall (the sink and stove are up against the short wall of the room). There are 2 windows in the kitchen, both along the longer wall with a 3' gap between them - but no outlet! We had to run an extension cord so we could plug in our microwave there. There's actually a good amount of cabinets, BUT since we literally can't fit any appliances on the counters (other than my 3 cup rice cooker and mini Fry Daddy), the cabinets are full of things like a toaster, a coffee maker, blender, etc. I have a ridiculous number of pots and pans since I cook A LOT, and we've got a good chunk of them stored either in the oven or right on the stovetop because there's just nowhere else to put them.
    ~*~*~*~*~

• Work. I'm a teacher. Today is senior skip day and the last day b4 Spring break....CHILL DAY!
  • I have 5 invitations left to make.  I worked out twice today and would really love to put it off until tomorrow. Lol
  • This is the best place to be for procrastinating!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards