Wedding Woes

TMI, but it's funny

DH laughed out loud at me yesterday and really, it was funny.  I was basically having a temper tantrum.

So, I know I'm aging.  It's not like I'm old or wrinkly, but things are changing.  Like hair on my face. But specifically ONE hair.  That grows in blond at least.  But it seems like I never catch it until it's like an inch long.  No lie, I actually measured it.  Full inch.  Plus, it is bristly and hard.  And it FIGHTS being plucked.  Like I have to yank on it.  To add insult to injury, it usually irritates and gives me a blemish where it connects after being plucked.  B/c this hair is an asshole.

Well, I had to yank this hair out last night. Then I start cleaning up my eyebrow line.  And somehow find an eyebrow hair that is another inch long.  Granted, it was laying where it was supposed to be, but I still yanked it.  I start stomping around and DH asked what was wrong.  I basically yelled, "I"m turning into a fat hairy man, I don't even know why you love me anymore!"  At least after he started laughing, I could laugh about it.  

But seriously...losing estrogen is the suck, yo.

Re: TMI, but it's funny

• 0Face0Face member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    I hate to be all thunderjacky, but I found my first chin hair at the age of 14.  But really, it was my boyfriend at the time, and it was all curly and gross on my face...all I was missing was a wart.  So now, I am on lookout for that fvcker every time it comes back, which is every 10 days or so.  Nice tweezers are worth every penny.
  • I'll also admit that I share this problem.  And yes, it's a fighter.  It actually hurts when it comes out.  I guess I should be thankful that it's the same place every time and not more than one yet.  I still run my fingers all over my chin just to be sure.
  • 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker

I had to start carrying tweezers in the car.  Seemed like I'd always notice that inch long hair sitting at a light.

I have a black neck hair that taunts me.  Right on my adam's apple.

• I'm worried.  At least you've found it.  I am almost positive that I have something somewhere, but I've yet to find it.  Anyone up for exploring?  Kidding!  I helped my coworker pluck a black hair out of her chin yesterday.  @ftrMrs0 is right.  A good pair of tweezers won't let you down!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker}
  • Confession: I have two such hairs.  But I notice em before they're even long enough for tweezers, so I'm always I'm always fraying the ends in my obsessive attempt to get them OUT of my chin!
  • I have one of those ha irs, and it grows on my tummy right below my left boobie (TMI!!!). I pluck it whenever I see it growing, because it reminds me of chest and belly hair, and it grosses me out. Ugh.
  • Thankfully I don't have possession of one of these hairs, but my FI does...right in the middle of his eyebrow. I always enjoy plucking it for him! 
    Anniversary
  • Ugh, I get the black chin hair thing. They come in at three specific locations, and always around my time of the month. Grooming the eyebrows isn't too difficult for me, but DH's get overgrown and he has these 3-4 hairs (max of 2 per brow) that grow out long then turn white. He won't let me tweeze the brows, (hurts too much, the little chicken :D) so I have to use one of those little fine hair trimmers like I use for my upper lip on him to prevent the unibrow.
  • Yeah, I don't pluck anything on husband. He acts like everything hurts.

I get my brows and upper lip threaded every month and a half or so. I get those annoying black hairs on my chin and occasionally my upper lip, so I keep tweezers in the car and at home. Nipple hairs are also an occasional issue and husband makes fun of me when I'm plucking them because he says I look hilarious.

• I wish a had ONE errant hair.  Instead, I have PCOS, so I can grow better facial hair than most teenage boys.  My body literally is turning itself into a fat, hairy old man.  :P  Thank goodness BF can look past that!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • why in the world are men such wusses about plucking hair?

I cut DK's hair for him, and i'll generally clean up his eyebrows. He throws a fit if i come near him with tweezers to get an errant hair, so I need to use one of those tiny trimmers. PITA. 

Seriously dude, If i could live through getting my asshole waxed (TMI - I had a Brazilian once, which was probably enough for a lifetime), I think you can make it through plucking one hair. 

• eatuttle said:

I wish a had ONE errant hair.  Instead, I have PCOS, so I can grow better facial hair than most teenage boys.  My body literally is turning itself into a fat, hairy old man.  :P  Thank goodness BF can look past that!

I have the same problem. I hate it and I cry about it all the time. I finally did laser hair removal on my chin, and it helped a lot. Groupon is my new best friend. I also find that it eases up whenever I lose weight. I'm trying so hard right now. Stupid hormones.
  • @NavyBlue143: Someday when I'm rich (ha!) I want to get lasered from the eyebrows down!  It's my fondest wish :)  And yes, I agree the weight makes a huge difference in hormone control.  Two years ago, I was eating pretty clean and running regularly.  I lost 40 lbs, my hair and my sin improved.  However, since then I have started a new Masters program and have been working 2 jobs, so I have very little free time.  Exercise and eating healthy went the way of the dinosaur.  I've gained back most of the weight, am breaking out big time and am as hairy as ever :(  Just wish my stupid body would cut me some slack! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards