Not Engaged Yet

Walking Dead (TV Show)

I thought I'd bring our Walking Dead discussion here!!

Anniversary

Re: Walking Dead (TV Show)

• I love this show, but this season has been so scattered I'm having trouble remembering where everyone even is right now. I just have generalized anxiety about whatever's supposed to happen next, lol.

I will say that I just hope we figure out what happened to Beth before next season. I'm not her biggest fan, but I don't want anything bad to happen to her.

• I love this show and I am SO sad that there is only one episode left. @Clogreeneyes I also have anxiety about what is going to happen! Is anyone else totally creeped out about this Terminus thing? there were NO walkers in sight and nothing was locked. This can't be good.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • As far as Terminus goes - I always figured it was like 'Terminal' like a train terminal.  I don't trust it either though. 

Anniversary
  • @doubless07, it is totally weird that nothing is locked and that there's just this one random lady up front welcoming people again. I'm totally freaked out by that place. This show has proven that normal humans are more dangerous than any kind of walker.
  • I'm so excited/anxious/nervous about the finale!!!

For anyone who didn't see, I found out recently that Terminus is the original name of Atlanta, GA. I thought that was kind of interesting. 

If they don't follow up on what happened with Beth, I'm going to be pissed. Look how long they made us wait to find out (for sure) who the rat culprit was. I seriously wouldn't put it past them but I will be PISSED.

• I said this in the weekend thread but I'll bring it here too - apparently Atlanta was called Terminus because 2 railroads ended there. So I think it is definitely going to be a play on train terminal/ending.

Also, apparently Terminus might be full of cannibals. My friend said at the end of the last episode, it's supposed to be human meat on the grill. I just....I can't with Terminus.

• @csousa1 I think you are right with the cannibals thing (hunters).  Sorry if this is a spoiler in any sense.  I'm nervous about what the ending will bring or if anyone major will die too.  

I would like to know where Beth is, I think she might be at Terminus though.  I wish the season ran longer and I didn't want to wait until October for more new episodes

Anniversary

• Whoa...human meat? WTF is already even wrong with this place???

Awwwwwwwwww hell I hope they haven't eaten Beth. :(

I have this nasty feeling that either Glenn or Maggie is gonna go, especially since he burned the picture. I will be heartbroken. But I have no basis for that since I've never read the graphic novels. It's anyone's guess.

• @CLoGreenEyes I've always had a feeling Maggie was a goner this season I hope I'm wrong.

Anniversary

• @csousa1, I said the same thing to C on Sunday.... Something about that place is just off
  • Whoa...human meat? WTF is already even wrong with this place???

Awwwwwwwwww hell I hope they haven't eaten Beth. :(

I have this nasty feeling that either Glenn or Maggie is gonna go, especially since he burned the picture. I will be heartbroken. But I have no basis for that since I've never read the graphic novels. It's anyone's guess.

As soon as he did that my sister and I looked at each other and went, "Bye, Maggie. It's been real."
  • Oh shit, really @csousa1? ICK. 

• I'm not the biggest fan of The Walking Dead but the last half of this season has been really good. I am interested in what happened to Beth and I'm hoping we'll at least get a glimpse of her situation before the season ends.

@CLoGreenEyes - If Glenn or Maggie has to go, I hope it's Maggie. I actually do like her character but Glenn is one of the few characters I've liked since the beginning and I'd be disappointed if he was gone.

@Csousa1 - Cannibals would be an interesting plot development. It's pretty clear Terminus is not going to be the safe haven the characters are hoping for but they already did the false hope, return to normalcy town with the Governor so I'm not entirely sure what to expect from Terminus.

• A few weeks ago, I was looking something up on Wiki and was scrolling through the characters and noticed someone was listed as "deceased" and this person is MOST DEFINITELY NOT DECEASED ON THE SHOW. And I panicked and realized I was on the Wiki for the comic books. 

I have no idea if they changed this person's fate for the show or if that was a sign of what's to come (at some point, not necessarily on Sunday) but damn. I HATE SPOILERS. And it was totally my own fault so I have no one to blame but myself.

• @Swazzle - Some of my friends have read the graphic novels and said the show has changed a lot so a death in the graphic novels might not be a spoiler for the show :)

• I'm going to lose it if either Glenn or Maggie goes. I love them, and I think the actress who plays her is adorable and I would miss her on The Talking Dead, haha. At this point I don't think I could stop watching even if someone near and dear to my heart got killed, but I would grieve enormously - way more than necessary for a TV show.

@Swazzle, I'm sorry you accidentally stumbled upon a spoiler, but it seems like they have deviated a lot in the past, so hopefully it's nothing. Am I the only one who enjoys spoilers? I like to know what to expect!

• edited March 2014

@CLoGreenEyes I like spoilers too for some odd reason.  I like to know what to expect.

ETA: I've been reading the comics and they deviate from the TV show so even the comics aren't really quite spoilers for me.

Anniversary

• In the summer, I religiously read the 'live feeds' online for Big Brother with @buddysmom80 and then watch the episodes once they're on (some of which are previously recorded and is what I was reading about from the live feeds). 

But shows like TWD and pretty much every normal show that I watch, I cannot handle spoilers. They make me stabby. 

• It's really had to say.  Most shows based off books don't really follow the book.  I have not read the Pretty Little Liars series, but I'm pretty sure in the book Toby was killed off relatively quickly (he's still alive on the show).  Also for Vampire Diaries, I didn't find Elana to be a 'strong' character in the book - just a popular ditzy cheerleader who thought the world revolved around her.

Anniversary
  • It's really had to say.  Most shows based off books don't really follow the book.  I have not read the Pretty Little Liars series, but I'm pretty sure in the book Toby was killed off relatively quickly (he's still alive on the show).  Also for Vampire Diaries, I didn't find Elana to be a 'strong' character in the book - just a popular ditzy cheerleader who thought the world revolved around her.
    REALLY?! 

I don't care too much for Toby to begin with. 

• Swazzle said:
    Oh shit, really @csousa1? ICK. 

Apparently. That's why the last line of the episode was, "Let me make you a plate." It's supposed to be significant I guess. I am not a fan. I'm beginning to think Beth is actually the safest character if she's headed elsewhere.
  • bethsmilesbethsmiles member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited March 2014
    @Dignity100 & @Swazzle- PLL was SO different in the books! Toby was a really minor character, Mona died instead of just going to a mental institution, Emily has like 2 sisters and brother and her parents sent her away when they found out she was gay...seriously the books are pretty much nothing like the television series! I've read all the books and I still didn't really know any spoilers for the show. Oh and Erza was just a little blip in the books, him and Aria were barely together.

• @bethsmiles - WOW! I knew there were differences (wasn't Ali's twin sister A?) but I had NO idea there were that many major differences! That's crazy.

• And now we wait until Oct 29. . .

Anniversary
  • And now we wait until Oct 29. . .

tumblr inline mrzr8knTD81qz4rgp Funny Crying Gif
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards