Attire & Accessories Forum

Cheap Bridesmaids Dresses

Hello Ladies! 

Does anyone know of any legit websites that carry bridesmaid dresses that are affordable? David's Bridal right now is on the top of my list for the dresses but I am looking around for something possibly cheaper. I've found a few websites such as JJS House, Dressy.com, SimplyDresses.com, tbdress.com, but I don't know how reliable they really are. I've read a lot of bad reviews but a lot of good reviews as well...so I'm not sure if I should risk using the sites or not.

Any tips would be appreciated! 

Re: Cheap Bridesmaids Dresses

• I agree with PP and checking out department stores. They have a better return policy. My girls got theirs at Nordstroms.

"There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness." -Friedrich Nietzsche, "On Reading and Writing"
  • One of my friends that's getting married in September just had really good luck at Macy's a few weeks ago. The girls found a dress that they all love and it was so cheap that my friend, the bride, ended up just paying for all of them for her maids.
  • Got mine on Modcloth. They are not traditional BM dresses, though. Have you thought about thinking outside the box a bit? Like having them buy off the rack at a department store? Here are mine, just to give you an idea.
  • Blergbot said:
    Got mine on Modcloth. They are not traditional BM dresses, though. Have you thought about thinking outside the box a bit? Like having them buy off the rack at a department store? Here are mine, just to give you an idea.
    That dress is gorgeous ! And I haven't thought of that really...mostly because I am looking for dresses in emerald green and I am having difficulties. Plus my bridesmaids vary greatly in size one being a size 2 to one being a size 26. David's Bridal has all of those sizes for most of their bridesmaids dresses. Right now they have dresses for $89.99 but I was hoping to find them somewhere else a little cheaper. 
  • What I think I might do is switch their dresses to red (Christmasy wedding) and do red and green colors. Right now my colors were just green and silver.
  • tb dress is def a china knock off website i think the others are as well. if the english looks broken on the website and the photos look like stock photos of the gowns do a reverse image search if they come up to a ligit designers website then stay away..

davids bridal
    jasmine
    morilee
     have inexpensive maids dresses

do you want everyone to match in the dress? or do you want them to wear same color different dresses

did you figure out a budget you want them to spend on the dress

i got jamine dresses l3001 in chiffon in seaglass they were 185 but that was within the budget
  • tb dress is def a china knock off website i think the others are as well. if the english looks broken on the website and the photos look like stock photos of the gowns do a reverse image search if they come up to a ligit designers website then stay away..

davids bridal
    jasmine
    morilee
     have inexpensive maids dresses

do you want everyone to match in the dress? or do you want them to wear same color different dresses

did you figure out a budget you want them to spend on the dress

i got jamine dresses l3001 in chiffon in seaglass they were 185 but that was within the budget
    I do want them to wear the same color dresses and the same style. I have planned to help them all out with paying for their dresses (like contribute $30) so they would only have to spend 30-40 dollars a piece on their dresses. So I am looking for dresses that cost about $60-75
  • My girls got their dresses at Macy's for about $60. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • the websites you mentioned are knockoffs. None of them are legit.  Another vote for trying a department store.  Otherwise, DB and maybe Alfred Angelo dresses, and you'll only have a few to choose from in the $70-80 range. 

Most "bridesmaids" dresses are going to run you in the 125-200 range. So, I'd stick with department stores.

• Could try either silver or black dresses, be easier to find than an exact green.
  • Target has some nice BM dresses around $100, too, I think. But for the range of sizes you've got, I think David's is your best bet.
  • http://www.target.com/p/women-s-shantung-v-neck-ruffle-dress-limited-availability-colors/-/A-14205184#prodSlot=medium_1_13

Personally, I'd just let them pick their own dress. It's going to be really, really hard to find something that fits every girl and is flattering with that size range.

Anniversary
  • Mine came from BonTon . They are elegant for only 88.50
  • I agree with others who suggested ModCloth. That is where I got my bridesmaid dresses!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I know that Etsy has some nice priced dresses, I was thinking about getting my bridesmaids dresses from there possibly. Only thing, they won't be able to try them on before purchase, but you send the sizes to whoever is making them.
  • I had my girls get their dresses from Ann Taylor. I waited until a day they were having a sale (They do this every couple of weeks it seems like) and they got their dresses for $80 each. Down from $225.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards