Chit Chat
Options

Hello, pleased to meet you!

I have been debating for awhile about whether or not to send an introduction into the world of the internets. And I am going to do it because I think you guys rock and I read these boards pretty much every day and I feel like I might want to jump into some more conversations soon.

So, hello!

About me: I am a nanny and I love it. My favorite things in life include my FI (as numero uno), our dog, family, babies, cupcakes (actually most baked goods), coffee, dahlias, volleyball, crafty things, and outdoorsy things.

About him: His favorite things in life include me (!), our dog, family, reading, biking (bike commuter), board/card/video games, outdoorsy things, craft beers, coffee, music, and film. If you've ever seen Parks and Rec, he is quite similar to Ben...almost creepily so (the bachelor party episode, especially).

About us: We met at game night right after I moved to Portland but it took a couple of game nights to realize there was something there. Once we did start dating, there was no going back. We've been together for 4.5 years, engaged for a little over a year.

Our wedding is in August, I am feeling weirdly at ease with where things are even though it  doesn't seem like I have anything done. I owe a big thanks to you all on here for all of the etiquette knowledge and advice on keeping things in perspective. I am the main planner, FI has some ideas (the beer and men's wear), he is really good at keeping me sane. The wedding is going to be very DIY/DIT and thankfully my FSIL is so excited about the wedding and she has been anxiously awaiting her arrival back to the states so she can help out with wedding prep and planning! She may even try to take over all of the planning so I can be 'stress free' but that isn't going to happen, I am a little too Type A for that. Everyone in our family and WP has been delightfully wonderful.

Zombie Apocalypse: It has been discussed, it would be important to destroy the zombie regardless of who it is. One of the rules of zombie combat is to not let personal emotions get in the way. I am not very well educated in Zombie, I suppose I should brush up on that, just in case. I think if it were a vampire problem, that would be a different story. (sidenote: FI was into Vampire Diaries for quite awhile)

Open for questions and comments :) And thanks again!

I am now off to bake some chocolate chip panda cupcakes for my little's birthday tomorrow!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Hello, pleased to meet you!

• Options
    Welcome!

The fact that you addressed my newbie intro question IN your intro makes you my new favorite newb. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    You like coffee. Therefore I like you. Hello and welcome!
    Anniversary

I'm gonna go with 'not my circus, not my monkeys.'
  • Options
    Hello and thank you and I'm flattered!

@HisGirlFriday13 FI just texted to see if he should bring back coffee, he's a gem!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    WELCOME - Happy planning.

Does that mean you don't like me because I don't like coffee?   :(

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    lyndausvi said:

LOL -- never! But that's my bar for newbs. Addie wants to know if they like cake and I want to know if they like coffee.

If they don't, I have to watch them for a while to see if they're OK. (J/K).

How could I not like someone with as awesome of a dog ad Chef D?

:)
    Anniversary

• Options

LOL -- never! But that's my bar for newbs. Addie wants to know if they like cake and I want to know if they like coffee. If they don't, I have to watch them for a while to see if they're OK. (J/K). How could I not like someone with as awesome of a dog ad Chef D? :)
    Awww.  He is sleeping on my legs right now.   

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    My dog just came in from the back yard with mud all over and wanting to cuddle. Not happening, bro. (He loves mud as you can see in my profile pic)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    phiraphira member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Parks and Rec is fantastic (although I need to catch up on the most recent season). If your fiance is like Ben, I APPROVE.
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • Options
    lyndausvi said:

lyndausvi said:

LOL -- never! But that's my bar for newbs. Addie wants to know if they like cake and I want to know if they like coffee.

If they don't, I have to watch them for a while to see if they're OK. (J/K).

How could I not like someone with as awesome of a dog ad Chef D?

:)

DH wants a version of Chef D. We are both long-distance Chef D fans.
    Anniversary

• Options

LOL -- never! But that's my bar for newbs. Addie wants to know if they like cake and I want to know if they like coffee. If they don't, I have to watch them for a while to see if they're OK. (J/K). How could I not like someone with as awesome of a dog ad Chef D? :)
    DH wants a version of Chef D. We are both long-distance Chef D fans.
    He is a pretty awesome dog.  Fairly popular everywhere we have lived.

• Options
    Welcome :)
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards