Snarky Brides

so I'm in this wedding....

To make this very short, a friend asked me and three others ladies to be her bridesmaids. She likes to post on Facebook about her August wedding. In the past few days she made a few comments about what we are suppose to wear, so her cousin suggested that we dress in the most awful things to make her look "flawless".She laughed then joked about us some more. The more she post about this wedding, the more it is feeling like we are just props. She never asked us for budgets, she is planning her own bridal shower for next week, her Miami bachelorette party in July, and assigning us the amount of money we are expected to contribute to her festivities.

While I am her friend, I can't be apart of her monstrosity of a wedding. I've told her about the Knot and how to do things correctly. Her wedding is an embarrassment: cash bar, people paying their own tabs at the restaurant reception, telling who isn't invited on Facebook. I just can't deal with her, one part of me wants to go to see how with people react but the other part is asking would I be wrong for bowing out?

Live fast, die young. Bad Girls do it well. Suki Zuki.

Re: so I'm in this wedding....

• I would be more than happy to see this speshul snowflake come on here. The trip for Miami is about 350 plus her cost as well. I will blow out, it might become a friendship ending move because she will bitch online.

Live fast, die young. Bad Girls do it well. Suki Zuki.

• If you are uncomfortable, then you should bow out, yes.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • To make this very short, a friend asked me and three others ladies to be her bridesmaids. She likes to post on Facebook about her August wedding. In the past few days she made a few comments about what we are suppose to wear, so her cousin suggested that we dress in the most awful things to make her look "flawless".She laughed then joked about us some more. The more she post about this wedding, the more it is feeling like we are just props. She never asked us for budgets, she is planning her own bridal shower for next week, her Miami bachelorette party in July, and assigning us the amount of money we are expected to contribute to her festivities. While I am her friend, I can't be apart of her monstrosity of a wedding. I've told her about the Knot and how to do things correctly. Her wedding is an embarrassment: cash bar, people paying their own tabs at the restaurant reception, telling who isn't invited on Facebook. I just can't deal with her, one part of me wants to go to see how with people react but the other part is asking would I be wrong for bowing out?

That sounds like a monstrosity! I don't see any shame in bowing out. Bridezillas don't get to dictate your budget.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker}
  • If you are not comfortable then I think you should how out. The bride sounds like her expectations are way out of line with reality and, if the Miami bachelorette is anything to go by, this all sounds really expensive!
  • If she's making you uncomfortable, bow out. Whether you choose to tell her why you're bowing out is your decision.
    Anniversary

I'm gonna go with 'not my circus, not my monkeys.'
  • That's ridiculous. Bow out. If this is how she is acting now, imagine how horrible her tacky wedding will be? She needs to stop watching stupid wedding movies and shows and come on the Knot where she can hopefully learn some perspective. Although it sounds like she is too far gone down the snowflake train.
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• I think this bridezilla needs come to Jesus bitch slap back to reality! I think the moment she started spending your hard earned money is the perfect opportunity to tell her "friend I love you and all but I can't afford to spend all my money on these events for you"
  • I think you are making the right call - she's totally in the wrong here.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • MGPMGP member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    AlexisA01 said:
    I'm going to. It doesn't make any sense to try spend other people's hard earned money. As of tonight, I'm no longer apart of the wedding party.
    Good for you!  I just recently went through something similar (look at my post history if you are interested).  At the end of the day, I didn't feel comfortable with what the bride was doing and what she was asking of me.  It has seriously affected our relationship and the dynamic of our circle, but it will all work out with time even if means no longer being as close as we once were which is a huge possibility.

Bottom line is I feel like a new person and soon you will too.  :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards