Chit Chat

NOT IMPRESSED *Slight Update*

Re: NOT IMPRESSED *Slight Update*

• @hisgirlfriday13- lmao I cracked up reading that, because that is such an awesome thing to write, and I was thinking something along those lines in my head! And can I add that I forgot to DVR His Girl Friday because I was rushing to leave for the wedding?! I was planning on watching it tomorrow (lazy Sunday) with some Riesling. I'm going to look for it on netflix.

And thanks, it is great-aunt! I'm terrible when it comes to family trees!
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• FI and I are finally home. This just happened :)
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• @pinkcow13 thanks! She is awesome. The best part about my great-grandma is that she would straight up say that to their faces. She calls people out on stuff ALL the time. Like you never know what she is going to say. FYI I love the Peter Griffin shot glass!
  • @jdluvr06, I feel that sometimes some people need to be called out on their nonsense! I wish I was more blunt like that in general. And thanks! I think I got them as a gift (family guy shot glass set) a few years ago. Surprisingly, my cats have not broken any of those. The ones I collect from my trips? Yep, they knock those over.
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• Total agreement - I normally am reasonably polite, but I have no shame in being rude back. Or at least blunt.

Based on what I see - the rudeness related to the "No damages a child's self esteem." BS. They are now adults with no coping skills who think the world revolves around them. Yet, my toddler who is in the "I'd kill you if you weren't so dang adorable" brat stage knows exactly what no means. Yes, she was the center for a long time by need - and honestly hated that at times! - but she still has toddler level polite manners. Yay. A 4 year old is better behaved than grown adults.

But, be rude back. Crush that demented ego please people! Gee, you don't like being snarked at, perhaps you shouldn't throw the snark chum to the sharks.
  • Cookie PusherCookie Pusher member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited March 2014
    pinkcow13 said:
    FI and I are finally home. This just happened :)
    Party at @pinkcow13's house!

And just WOW. There are no words for how much of a clusterfuck the whole situation was!
    ~*~*~*~*~

• Ugh @cookiepusher, it totally was. After that it definately is a party here! FI and I had some tequila, now he switched to beer. He randomly picked up a "beers of Mexico" assortment pack from Rite Aid last night haha.
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• @pinkcow13 I sort of wish you lived closer so I could come over there with a container of my lactose-free ice cream and some cupcakes to bitch about a bride-to-be that I recently went to a party for. Because holy crap, you could totally relate to the BS she's been up to. She's on the boards (I haven't seen her post here but who knows what she reads!) so I can't publicly list her etiquette-fails! :(
    ~*~*~*~*~

• Ugh I know, I would love a night with you knotties right now @cookiepusher! And cupcakes see my weakness! As are chocolate chip cookies! It's so crazy how girls suddenly become bridezillas. I'm all for a cupcake fueled bridezilla bitch fest!
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• I have to agree - this is the rudest thing I have ever heard on TK, which is really saying something.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • banana468 said:
    I would love to hear the feedback regarding the fallout. I'm guessing that your mother or father will be talking to their sibling that had the joy of parenting this lovely planner.
    Don't get me wrong, what she did is horrendous! But what would the parents do? put them in time out? I would contact her/him directly myself.
  • Holy fucking shit!!! This is unreal. I would also leave a bitchy comment on her pictures.

Woooow. I could never even think up something so rude. They would've been better off calling around and uninviting people but they took the cowardly and even ruder way out. Snark away!
  • aleighc3 said:

banana468 said:

I would love to hear the feedback regarding the fallout. I'm guessing that your mother or father will be talking to their sibling that had the joy of parenting this lovely planner.

Don't get me wrong, what she did is horrendous! But what would the parents do? put them in time out? I would contact her/him directly myself.

The parents raised these self-entitled brats. Also, the parent are going to deal with the fallout of those actions. People are going to be ranting about this for ages.
    Anniversary

I'm gonna go with 'not my circus, not my monkeys.'
  • WHAT.  WHAT.  WHAT????

Fi says, "That's fucked up.  And it's going to be an awkward Thanksgiving."

Did you write something snarky?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• @jcbride2014- I didn't write anything snarky (yet). FI and I ended up having too much tequila instead last night, haha. I'm interested in the fallout from all this because I know that the word is starting to spread.
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• I have faith that the ladies here can help you come up with something appropriately snarky to post on her FB!
  • aleighc3 said:

banana468 said:

The parents raised these self-entitled brats. Also, the parent are going to deal with the fallout of those actions. People are going to be ranting about this for ages.

And I'm not totally understanding the family dynamic here. Is the great aunt the MOB? Is she the aunt of the MOB/FOB? Who hosted this epic fail?

If you're rude to me I'll absolutely tell you. If you're rude to me AND my offspring then the gloves will be off.
  • Wowww lol.

I would absolutely write something nasty on facebook
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Wow.  At least you found out before arriving at the venue, as I'm sure some guests did at 6:00 only to be told that they missed the entire wedding.

Some pissed GIFs:
  • I have no words.  Do you have any idea how many others showed up for the 6 pm wedding?  I do look forward to updates on the reactions of the others who were also shafted in this fiasco.
  • I was pretty sure that out of all the worst things you can do etiquette-wise, uninviting was surely the last circle of hell. This is a whole 'nother level though. 
  • Reaction GIF: what the fuck?, George Clooney

This is off the charts rude.  And I would be all:

Reaction GIF: what the fuck?, Richard Riehle, Office Space

But @HisGirlFriday13, you wound me a little.  I know you were just talking about baiting them, but we actually are fairly poor.  That will not stop us from having a lovely ceremony and hosting our guests properly on our wedding day.  What is has meant is making difficult choices about who is really important for us to be there, and planning within our means.  Pinkcow's cousin skipped those crucial steps, and ended up really offending people with unconscionable behavior! 

• RWS2011 said:
    Reaction GIF: what the fuck?, George Clooney

But @HisGirlFriday13, you wound me a little.  I know you were just talking about baiting them, but we actually are fairly poor.  That will not stop us from having a lovely ceremony and hosting our guests properly on our wedding day.  What is has meant is making difficult choices about who is really important for us to be there, and planning within our means.  Pinkcow's cousin skipped those crucial steps, and ended up really offending people with unconscionable behavior! 

*stuck in the effing box*

But you're having a fully hosted, etiquette-proper wedding. And I don't think these people are actually poor, I think they're rude, which is the difference.

If you attend a properly hosted wedding that's dry because the B/G can't afford alcohol, and you say something about that, you're a fucking asshole prick. Because they hosted you to their abilities, and you need to be a gracious guest.

If you attend an improperly hosted wedding in which the B/G have prioritised other things over their guests, such as in @pinkcow13's example, I have no problem 'pretending' to think they're poor and calling them out on it -- because it's not that they're poor, it's that they planned very badly, and they deserve to be called out on that.

DH and I had a very small budget, and we made it work. I would never, ever, EVER criticise someone for hosting what they can afford if they're poor or on a budget. But when you pull the stunt that these people pulled, I will publicly shame you. sorrynotsorry.

Anniversary

I'm gonna go with 'not my circus, not my monkeys.'
  • @HisGirlFriday13 I understand and agree with you 100% on the matters of etiquette and proper hosting behavior.  I think we are eye to eye about hosting matters.  What I was referring to is the very notion that your definition of public shaming is to call them poor.  Again, I know this is meant to bait them and call them out on their rudeness, but it also equates bad manners with social class.  This wasn't meant to be an attack on you or a defense of their behavior.  It came from a more lighthearted place.  

• I would probably stick with a classy and snarky "well we wish we could've been there, too bad you uninvited us!"
  • RWS2011 said:
    Reaction GIF: what the fuck?, George Clooney

*stuck in the effing box*

But you're having a fully hosted, etiquette-proper wedding. And I don't think these people are actually poor, I think they're rude, which is the difference.

If you attend a properly hosted wedding that's dry because the B/G can't afford alcohol, and you say something about that, you're a fucking asshole prick. Because they hosted you to their abilities, and you need to be a gracious guest.

If you attend an improperly hosted wedding in which the B/G have prioritised other things over their guests, such as in @pinkcow13's example, I have no problem 'pretending' to think they're poor and calling them out on it -- because it's not that they're poor, it's that they planned very badly, and they deserve to be called out on that.

DH and I had a very small budget, and we made it work. I would never, ever, EVER criticise someone for hosting what they can afford if they're poor or on a budget. But when you pull the stunt that these people pulled, I will publicly shame you. sorrynotsorry.

I think the problem is that you propose to shame them by calling them poor. There is no shame in being poor.
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards