Florida-West Coast

Venue Help! Can't find the perfect place! Tampa/St. Pete

So this is what I'm looking for:

A venue with an outdoor ceremony and indoor reception for less than $2000, preferably less than $1500.
The ceremony area I would prefer to have a big huge beautiful tree.
We'd prefer a place where we can choose our own caterer and not from an approved list.
The indoor reception area should look attractive (not a rec center room unless it looks really nice)
Also would prefer chairs and tables are included in the price.

I'm interested in places like Sunken Gardens, The Lange Farm, and Cross Creek Ranch, but those are a bit too expensive for our budget, we'd like cheaper.

The best place we've found so far is the St. Petersburg Woman's Club. The indoor reception area is nice and comes with a lot of amenities. The outdoor reception area is nice also, but it's not what I want really.

USF botanical gardens would be nice for the outdoor ceremony, but it's not what we want for the reception area. If we could find something that combined the both of them at a very good price, that'd be awesome!

Thanks for any help!

Re: Venue Help! Can't find the perfect place! Tampa/St. Pete

• Did you check Tampa Women's Club?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-west-coast_venue-help-cant-find-the-perfect-place-tampast-pete?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:62Discussion:30227cf3-6e42-4d3e-b805-83d935c565baPost:e9cb22c9-fe1c-4835-8740-804521873e1a">Re: Venue Help! Can't find the perfect place! Tampa/St. Pete</a>:
    [QUOTE]Did you check Tampa Women's Club?
    Posted by meg2marryshane[/QUOTE]
    Pricing looks good, if we can do an outside ceremony under those oak trees they have, it might promising! Thanks!
  • I'm having the same problem did you ever find a venue ???
  • University of Tampa has rental space and a huge outside area! I was just looking this morning online
  • Davis Island Garden Club was the least expensive venue I could find. It has outdoor ceremony space and indoor reception space with a covered patio for cocktail hour. It is a little more than what you were looking to spend but less expensive than some of those other venues. Maybe a price break for a Friday wedding?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards