Wedding Invitations & Paper

Mad Libs RSVP - yay or nay?

Re: Mad Libs RSVP - yay or nay?

• Nay. Games and cutesy shit do not belong on wedding invitations and RSVPs. Use that for STDs.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Eeeww!  Elementary school humor!
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
  • If you do that, I think you run the risk of people not taking your RSVP (and therefore your wedding) seriously.
    Anniversary

I'm gonna go with 'not my circus, not my monkeys.'
  • I think its a cute idea but maybe not so much for RSVPs. A better use might be a non traditional guest book?

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• vmj23vmj23 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer

Nay!   Give them something easy to check off and return so you get your responses back.  

• YAY!

i think it all depends on who you're inviting--if you have a fun family and friends i think you'll get a great response. i'm doing it because i didn't want the typical, blah RSVP card. go with it!
  • ElcaBElcaB member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    I think they're cute, but I'm not sure about using them as RSVP cards.

I attended a wedding where they had Mad Libs for guests during cocktail hour with a basket to turn them in. I enjoyed that. 
  • Yay! We did this and we love it! Getting them back is so much fun and hilarious, only a couple (non-American and totally expected) guests have been confused and we've been in regular contact with them so it's no big deal. Most guests have told us that they really enjoyed filling them out. I don't think anyone's not taking the wedding seriously because of it. We're also having a casual wedding ambiance; if it were formal the mad libs wouldn't match
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards