Not Engaged Yet

TWD season finale (spoilers)

SwazzleSwazzle member
First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
edited March 2014 in Not Engaged Yet
Thoughts? Opinions? Theories? Emotional outbursts?

I thought the first 30 minutes were fantastic. HOLY BADASS RICK! I was really disappointed in the last 30 minutes. Like, really disappointed. 

The crazies at Terminus are totally cannibals and I'm curious as to what that room with the candles is used for. I think there were names written on the floor? 

People on Twitter were speculating that it was Beth's voice screaming for help in the shipping container when they were being herded by the snipers. 

At the very end, I thought Rick was going to let us in on a secret. Sigh. 

I HATE THAT WE HAVE TO WAIT 7 WHOLE MONTHS FOR IT TO COME BACK!

ETA: 7 months. We have to wait 7 months.

Re: TWD season finale (spoilers)

• csousa1csousa1 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited March 2014

I agree on pretty much all points. I wish we knew where Beth, Carol, Tyreese and Judith were. I'm guessing it was Beth in the shipping container, and I think that room was maybe their version of a graveyard.

Did anyone watch Talking Dead afterward? I normally don't but I did this time - I like Andrew Lincoln and I thought he was interesting. The other guy needed to shut up and stop interrupting.

What was with the A's everywhere? Clearly it means something considering that was the name of the episode.

• I hate that we have to wait 6 months now for it to come back...

Yea those people are definitely cannibals. I was kind of disappointed that we didn't see what happened to Beth, but I'm not so sure she is at Terminus.  I was hoping for a reunion between Rick Carl and Judith, but now I'm glad that didn't happen.  I liked the episode a lot.  The room with the candles was so weird and creepy. 

Anniversary

• <Sigh>  Look at my wedding ticker and add 2 weeks to it for return of TWD!

I don't understand why they didn't try to burn the room with the candles down - I get it's brick and such but light stuff on fire.

Anniversary
  • It was a solid episode other than the flashbacks. Although it warmed my heart to see Herschel again, and it helped show Rick's transformation, they just weren't super interesting to me.

So, Rick is definitely a badass. Terminus is going down!

I dunno if it was Beth calling out for help. I'm holding out hope that she has wound up somewhere far away from this mess. Carol, Tyreese, and Judith...I just hope they are traveling slowly and won't get there until Rick and the gang handle that situation. I would not want to see them all stuck there.

I think the candles and names written on the floor are a memorial of some sort.

Which A's, @csousa1? I didn't notice that last night.

If y'all did watch The Talking Dead last night, I have to agree with majority vote on the question of what have you learned about the apocalypse: there is no sanctuary. Everyone is in it for themselves at this point, apparently even if it means luring people into their midst so they can cook 'em up and eat 'em. The group needs to find another prison-esque kind of place to hole up. This time they don't have Andrea to fraternize with outside crazies, so maybe it will work this time!

• @CLOGreenEyes - I didn't understand the point of the flashbacks. 

@csousa1 - I don't remember seeing any As either. Reminder?

• @Swazzle, according to TTD, it was to show the contrast of who Rick has wanted to be vs. who he's become. For a long time he had wanted to show Carl that it was possible to lead a more relaxed life, without always having to pick up the gun and be anxious, and that there are other things to live for than just surviving at any cost. Then, at the end of the episode, they show how much his situation has changed, and so Rick needs to change and adapt yet again by being tougher and ready to fight again.

It was kinda nice and poetic and all, but...I wanted to see LOTS of action in this episode! And there was a lot, but it kept getting interrupted, and that's not cool.

• @CLoGreenEyes - Ahhh I get it now. Agreed. I wanted more answers and more action, for sure. 

• I too want more answers!!

Rick was pretty smart burying some of that artillery.  I'm somewhat surprised they didn't spend a couple days scoping out the camp to get a feel for what was going on (of course that would have made for a pretty boring show).

I think we found a place that Lizzie would have fit in just fine.

Anniversary
  • @Swazzle - I agree with everything you said. If this episode hadn't been the season finale I would've been really pleased with it but the last half an hour was incredibly predicable. Not a single unexpected thing happened once they got to Terminus. I was super disappointed by Rick's last line. Seriously? We needed that much suspense for him to say something so unimportant? I don't think so.

@CLoGreenEyes - I don't think there will ever be a sanctuary in TWD (in a real zombie apocalypse, or other apocalypse, I don't think that would be the case at all). It would get too boring. It gets boring every time they stay some where for too long (like the farm or the prison). I'd like to see them move out of Georgia and actually have a purpose for awhile, which is hopefully where they'll go with the "scientist" (I'm not sure I believe that dude, what self-respecting scientist has a mullet?!) plot line.

• @bethsmiles - EXACTLY! I was on the edge of my seat at the very end, thinking Rick is about to say something SO PROFOUND and then that. REALLY?!

• Was the scientist in the train car at the end?  I don't remember seeing him there.

Anniversary
  • @Dignity100 - I don't remember specifically seeing him but it was dark and I figured he was just in the back.

• I think the scientist is a serial killer <--this is coming from a fellow scientist.  I want to say I saw him in the train car, but I could be wrong.

I did not see the As. 

I'm curious as to whether Rick's son not trusting him still holds true when they revolt against Terminus....because it's really hard to be a leader when not everyone trusts you.
    I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
  • I believe the scientist was in the car (back right, I think?). It would make sense; that's all the people he was with beforehand, so...yep.

@bethsmiles, I agree. I hope once they burn Terminus to the ground (I'm trying to be optimistic here), they will find a way to get the scientist to DC. Although did they specifically say he knew how to FIX it or just what CAUSED it? That episode a few weeks ago where he's talking about, "This is probably what killed the dinosaurs" and whatnot? Yeah. I'm not sure how much help he's gonna be.

• @clogreeneyes FI is convinced the scientist is just lying to help save himself.  I mean, would you kill the guy that "knows" what caused this?  Or maybe he's trying to trap them in DC?

We are the most skeptical people in the world lol

BUT I took a how long would you last during a zombie apocalypse quiz and I got 1.5 years.  FI got that he would be the first one to die....

link
    I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
  • @Blue, haha, it pays to be suspicious in the zombie apocalypse! I didn't even think about the possibility that he was lying. What's he going to do when they get him to DC, alive, and he can't do anything to help???

According to the quiz, I would survive for 8 months. I'm honestly amazed I would make it that long, lol.

• In the comics Eugene, the scientist, pretends to be a "scientist" to keep himself safe, but is really a high school teacher. Not a bad guy, but definitely someone using ingenuity to keep himself alive. 

Please don't post spoilers...or at least say it's a spoiler before you post it.

• I got that I would survive a year and a half

Anniversary

• I don't watch TWD, but I'm alive sans one leg. Not bad.
  • doubleSS07doubleSS07 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited April 2014
    I was totally disappointed in the last 30 mins.  I am glad to see more people together again though.  I got the cannibal feeling as well.  Did anyone else find it odd that (in this episode and the last one) there are NO walkers in sight?  Effing WEIRD and I don't like it AT.ALL.  I'm wondering if Beth ends up being some sort of deity or something that they worship and she gets to help everyone escape in some way.  

I did watch TD after and I had never heard or seen "Rick" in real life and HOLY BRITISH ACCENT BATMAN!!

ETA: I got long term survivor!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I don't watch TWD, but I'm alive sans one leg. Not bad.
    That's what I got too. I'm pretty happy with that result :)

• I'm still alive but missing a leg as well.  I guess I hope it's my right leg that's gone 'cuase my right ankle is the 'bad' one.

Anniversary
  • Agreed with @bethsmiles about posting spoilers from the comics..... Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. We JUST talked about that, too. 

I took the quiz and will only survive 8 months :(

@doubleSS07 - You know what, I didn't notice the lack of walkers while watching. But now that I'm thinking about it, how weird is that?! WHAT DOES IT MEAN.

• I really enjoyed it, although I was disappointed with the last half like everyone else. I kept seeing interviews with the writers, and they kept emphasizing how great of a finale it would be and how it would feel like an even longer wait for the next season because of the cliffhanger they'd written. I figured we would be waiting to see if an important character died or something, not Rick saying a cheesy line or something. But yeah, overall, it was great.

The A's everywhere indicated the path the cannibals selected to get Rick's group to the A boxcar. It was a trap. They foreshadowed it earlier in the episode where Rick teaches Carl how to set a trap for rabbits. 

I don't think Beth is at Terminus. That particular trap (the funeral home) is too far away to probably be related to Terminus. My guess is whoever kidnapped her will be a major character (perhaps villain or new friend?) in the next season. 

Oh and the spoiler that was written about the "scientist"... that makes total sense! Will be interesting to see if they stick with that story line.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards