Wedding Woes
Options

The Great B!tchy Bridesmaid with a touch of WTF?!

AliLovesJDAliLovesJD member
First Comment
edited March 2014 in Wedding Woes
What the HELL was I thinking?!?!?!?

My next door neighbor and I are friendly. And when I say next door, I mean we live in an apartment complex and her door is next to mine, 5 feet away. Our walls backup to each others. She's seen me having a melt down or two. I have seen the same for her. We've hung out quite a few times so I figured this made us friends.

Stupid me.

She started having problems with her relationship. She found out her boyfriend was cheating on her and came crying over to my house. She'd always been flaky with getting back to me about plans, but after this it took on a whole new level.

She came over for dinner one night and had a melt down about her guy. She didn't want to be home so she asked if she could spend the night at our place and took a spare key. She said she'd be over around 10pm since she was meeting a friend. She never showed up, ended up going back next door, and then wouldn't give us back the key until she woke up at 4pm the next day.

She kept this up for days. Asking to come over, leaving her coat and purse here, going back next door for cigarettes, then not coming back over for an hour. She'd make plans with me, then make other plans, then leave me hanging. She wouldn't answer texts or calls. She ditched me repeatedly. I chalked this up to her being devastated by what her guy did.

So she calls me a couple weeks ago and asks if she can go out to dinner with us. She comes over and starts talking about leaving her man and finding her own place. Then tells us that she told him she was leaving him. Yadda Yadda Yadda. Then she shows up to dinner WITH her guy and is hanging all over him. She said during dinner that she had to go home and pay a bill and would meet us at the bar when she was done. She never showed. We got worried so I texted her and asked if she was okay. She said "Shit went down" and she and he had it out. I asked if she was okay, she said yes. Done. Not coming out. But again, no communication as to what the hell was going on.

A few days later she calls and asks my fiance to go next door and see if her guy was there. We hadn't heard from her since that night. DF was confused as hell. Once again she wants us to get involved in her relationship drama. He stood there for a sec on the phone like WTH?? before he fine. Her  guy was out so I texted her and told her she was clear.

She then texts DF that she didn't like his tone and that she shouldn't have to explain herself. Umm... If you want to involve us in your drama, then yes you do. If you don't want to tell us what's going on, then stop f*ucking involving us!

So I backed off MAJORLY from the friendship. Today she sees DF down at our car and questions him as to why I haven't talked to her. He said something about how chaotic her relationship is and I was giving her space. She then texts me with a HUGE attitude. Seriously???

Here's the kicker. I had asked her to be a bridesmaid before she lost her damn mind. That only plus side to this is that I'm moving 800 miles away in 4 months so I'll never have to worry about running into this girl again.

I DO NOT want to confront her. This is a level of drama I have zero desire to deal with. And I have no idea what she"ll do. I don't want her to be a bridesmaid anymore. Hell, I don't even want to be her friend anymore, I have no idea what she'll do if I flat out say that. I'm usually pretty upfront. I'm thinking about just riding it out for a couple more months until I move. I can't escape her. She lives 10 feet from me. Anyone have any better ideas??

Re: The Great B!tchy Bridesmaid with a touch of WTF?!

• Options

What the HELL was I thinking?!?!?!?

My next door neighbor and I are friendly. And when I say next door, I mean we live in an apartment complex and her door is next to mine, 5 feet away. Our walls backup to each others. She's seen me having a melt down or two. I have seen the same for her. We've hung out quite a few times so I figured this made us friends.

Stupid me.

She started having problems with her relationship. She found out her boyfriend was cheating on her and came crying over to my house. She'd always been flaky with getting back to me about plans, but after this it took on a whole new level.

She came over for dinner one night and had a melt down about her guy. She didn't want to be home so she asked if she could spend the night at our place and took a spare key. She said she'd be over around 10pm since she was meeting a friend. She never showed up, ended up going back next door, and then wouldn't give us back the key until she woke up at 4pm the next day.

She kept this up for days. Asking to come over, leaving her coat and purse here, going back next door for cigarettes, then not coming back over for an hour. She'd make plans with me, then make other plans, then leave me hanging. She wouldn't answer texts or calls. She ditched me repeatedly. I chalked this up to her being devastated by what her guy did.

So she calls me a couple weeks ago and asks if she can go out to dinner with us. She comes over and starts talking about leaving her man and finding her own place. Then tells us that she told him she was leaving him. Yadda Yadda Yadda. Then she shows up to dinner WITH her guy and is hanging all over him. She said during dinner that she had to go home and pay a bill and would meet us at the bar when she was done. She never showed. We got worried so I texted her and asked if she was okay. She said "Shit went down" and she and he had it out. I asked if she was okay, she said yes. Done. Not coming out. But again, no communication as to what the hell was going on.

A few days later she calls and asks my fiance to go next door and see if her guy was there. We hadn't heard from her since that night. DF was confused as hell. Once again she wants us to get involved in her relationship drama. He stood there for a sec on the phone like WTH?? before he fine. Her  guy was out so I texted her and told her she was clear.

She then texts DF that she didn't like his tone and that she shouldn't have to explain herself. Umm... If you want to involve us in your drama, then yes you do. If you don't want to tell us what's going on, then stop f*ucking involving us!

So I backed off MAJORLY from the friendship. Today she sees DF down at our car and questions him as to why I haven't talked to her. He said something about how chaotic her relationship is and I was giving her space. She then texts me with a HUGE attitude. Seriously???

Here's the kicker. I had asked her to be a bridesmaid before she lost her damn mind. That only plus side to this is that I'm moving 800 miles away in 4 months so I'll never have to worry about running into this girl again.

I DO NOT want to confront her. This is a level of drama I have zero desire to deal with. And I have no idea what she"ll do. I don't want her to be a bridesmaid anymore. Hell, I don't even want to be her friend anymore, I have no idea what she'll do if I flat out say that. I'm usually pretty upfront. I'm thinking about just riding it out for a couple more months until I move. I can't escape her. She lives 10 feet from me. Anyone have any better ideas??

When you move away, stop talking to her. She'll get the message, and you'll end the friendship, which will solve the problem of having her in your wedding.
    Anniversary

I'm gonna go with 'not my circus, not my monkeys.'
  • Options
    This sounds like some Lifetime movie, psycho neighbor, stalker plot. Keep distancing yourself from her. Move away, and never look back.
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• Options
    Wow.  Run, run away.  800 miles should be enough distance to get you out of the crazy zone.  Does she know where you're going?  She might follow you lol.  I would change my number.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker}
  • Options
    Thanks you everyone! I am trying my best to avoid her without being too obvious. It's not easy... Once I move I'll be changing my number and never talking to her again. She does know where we are going but doesn't know our new address. Hopefully she'll just go away quietly but I don't see that happening. Thank you for letting me know I'm reading this situation correctly as crazy. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards