Not Engaged Yet

Weekend recap

Ugh is it siriously Monday already??? Ugh.

This weekend was.. Ummm... Yeaaaah.
We drove to Sarasota to Cs moms in order to go scout the team we will play this weekend in the playoffs. However, they were rained out, so we drove to Tampa and hung out with my best friend, her hubby and my nephew. I got so many nephew snuggles!!! So that was the good part of the weekend.

Sunday we came home, and we killed a mouse... Yay! Damn things been annoying... The problem??? It's in the damn wall!!!! It smells so terrible.

Then we went grocery shopping, and watched bullshit basketball. Then Cs dear daughter finally graced us with her presence. She stayed with a fried while we were gone because of track practice. However, she knew she was coming home to a shitstorm because for the Third time in under two and a half months- C came home from work with her bf being on the house with her, alone. Which is one of Cs biggest rules. No boys at the house if he isn't home. So that turned into a huge yelling match because not only was she grounded to the house for a month, but she lost her cell phone for a month. Which is like taking her arm or something.

How was your weekend???

Re: Weekend recap

• Morning, all! I'm getting a snow day today - we're supposed to get up to 15" of snow and 50+ mph winds. This sucker must be apocalyptic, my workplace threw it in overall (not just for the students) and they never do that. I'm planning a nice day of sleeping.

Friday we had gaming, which was about average. Saturday we had gaming in the afternoon with my BFF by Skype and BF did laundry. We watched Cosmos from last week, three episodes of About a Boy and Growing Up Fisher, and last week's Vikings. Yesterday was just quiet all around, though I wish now we'd gone shopping for blizzard food. Ah well, there's enough to eat around here until the apocalypse passes us by.
  • DH and I were supposed to go down to Richmond to run a 10k with my sis and BIL. Their whole family got sick, so we ended up not going. I was sad for them, because they had done a lot of training for it! So instead, we:

Friday night - went out to dinner, watched a movie (can't even remember which one now) and went to bed

Saturday - I ran 7 miles before the rain set in. We relaxed, I caught up on HIMYM and Downton Abbey. Went to dinner. Watched basketball. DH's team lost, so it was definitely sad.

Sunday - Grocery shopping (the place was a ZOO!). Prepping meals for the week. Laundry. And more basketball (both the teams DH wanted to win, lost. It was NOT a good basketball weekend for us). Oh, and sleet fell out of the sky in the largest chunks I've ever seen. It was nuts. Now it's sunny and going to be in the 60s today!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• This weekend was good because we got a lot done around the apartment but it was also very sad because H's dog of 16 years passed away Saturday morning. He was the sweetest Lab I think I've ever met. He was extremely old and has gotten very weak in the past two years but he always made sure to greet us whenever we came over and he just loved H so much. It was definitely his time to go but H has been sad all weekend so it breaks my heart to see him like this.

Friday we went to Marlow's Tavern with another couple and had noms food. Saturday we deep cleaned the apartment and did some Spring cleaning. I think we donated a quarter of our stuff and I feel like we didn't make a difference at all. Then Saturday night we babysat @lmhollister 's dog Cinders. It cheered H up to have a little puppy dog to play with that day.

Sunday we went to church and afterwards ran a bunch of errands. We went to my parents house for dinner.  My mom gave me a sack of potatoes so now I'm going to have to incorporate these into dinner somehow this week.
  • My weekend was busy! 

Friday, I got a mani, pedi, and a quick massage. It was glorious. Then I went home and cooked dinner and caught up on the DVR. 

Saturday, I went for a run (!!!) and then H and I went to my cousin's wedding. It was such a nice day! The gap was actually not bad at all. We drove straight to the church and then to the hotel where we checked in, I freshened up, and we had a drink at the bar. Then there was a shuttle that took us to the reception venue. We danced our booties off! 

Sunday, we were both pretty hungover. We slept as late as possible and then H dropped me off at my other cousin's bridal shower. I drove back to Jersey with my aunt and headed home with H from there. Last night H had hockey and I watched TWD finale before bed. 

It went by way too quickly and I am tired today!

• the weekend is never long enough, but thankfully I have a short 4-day week at work this week.  it's a good thing, because I can't even handle being here now.

Friday night I had the biggest anxiety attack I've had in a year, so H and I spent the evening dealing with that.  fun stuff.

Saturday was a little better.  I got up in the morning and got groceries and had lunch with H's cousin's GF.  I took a nap after lunch and then H and I went to Target for a little bit. 

Sunday we had church and I slept.  I am still trying to get over this sickness I've had for a couple weeks now.

after work today I have a massage, and I need it.  after that, I'll go home and we'll eat dinner and I'll probably sleep.  I was going over to my mom's to paint a stool with some chalk paint she has extra, but I don't want to run into my dad so I probably won't.  my dad and I have a weird relationship, and today is an "off day".
  • Friday Night - I made perogies (not Mrs. T's frozen ones but also not homemade) and FI and I just caught up on TV.

Saturday - I had a few errands to run.  We went to Sam's Club and Target.  We got back home at 4 and I worked on information to give to FI's family for our wedding. 

Sunday - FI's family celebrated his brother's birthday.  His brother's GF brought her kid and somehow kids always claim me as their personal play-buddy so after dinner I made animals out of play-duh and tried to make conversation with a 3-year old in which I was told I was the best friend ever and I should have kids.

Sunday evening - kind of pouted until Walking Dead came on. Just kind of getting tired of the wedding drama - FI's brother is giving me a hard time - I get it, if you don't want to take time off to come to our wedding, don't!  Watched Walking Dead - went to bed and got paged. . . on my weekend off because my teammate does not feel he should have to be on-call over the weekend because the weekend is 'his' time.

Anniversary
  • My weekend was pretty good. Friday night I had a show, we had much better audiences this weekend.  Then came home to relax with FI.  Yay our cabinets are done now too. 

Saturday afternoon we went with FI's parents to look at rehearsal dinner venue, the place was real nice and had a great package so they booked it. Yay we also stayed around for drinks and an early dinner.  My dinner was so good! Then I had a show, that went well. I also had another show on Sunday afternoon, it was probably the best show and audience.  I came home relaxed and worked on the invitations again.  Then we ordered some food and watched TWD.  I can't believe no more episodes until October!

@swazzle thoughts on TWD last night?

Anniversary

• @Peaseblossom55 - I just started a new thread for us to discuss! 

• edited March 2014
    I had a wonderful, busy weekend. Friday I thought I was going to have to babysit - I left work at two to pick up my boss's kid at school. Then while we were driving home she told me we were actually going to her friend's house. I dropped her off there, and let her dad know where she was, and then I got to go home! Thus, I thought I'd be working until 5:45ish and instead I was home by 4pm while getting paid for a full day's work. Glorious! I played with my dog for a good hour and half to tire her out, then freshened up and headed into the city for a friend-of-a-friend's surprise birthday thing. There was an open bar AND food - so FI and I had a great night out for $0. 

Saturday we were lazy for most of the day, and then I headed back into the city around 4 to get highlights and a haircut. I hadn't had a haircut in nearly a YEAR and the last time I got highlights, they came out terrible. This time, I love love love LOVE my hair! I got the exact kind of highlights I wanted. She had to cut off several inches because of my terrible dead ends, and my hair is now shorter than it's been in years, but I'm digging it. FI has told me about 5 times already how much he loves my hair - he even used the word "pretty". He's not big on random compliments, so I know it must look good. After my hair was done I walked about 32 blocks in the rain to a bar I wanted to grab a drink at before FI picked me up for dinner. No idea why I walked that far instead of taking a cab, but at least I got some exercise, right? I downed a glass of wine, and then FI picked me up and we drove downtown for dinner at a tapas place that had $5 lychee martinis. At dinner, we talked about wedding stuff and FI told me how excited he was for our wedding :-) Then we went to a new bar a few blocks away for a drink with my ex-roommate, and then headed home. 

Sunday we slept late, I made breakfast, and did laundry. We watched some House of Cards, and then FI begged me to make wings for dinner. I had really wanted to make something healthy, so I bargained with FI - if he went to the supermarket and did ALL the food shopping on his own, I'd make wings for dinner. He agreed! I'm so psyched to have a fridge full of food for the week with zero effort on my part.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Nothing major here.

Friday - I went and worked at a lacrosse game across town for our rival school. Their hockey team is in the Frozen Four, so they were really shorthanded. Plus they pay me, so why not?

After that, BF & I met some friends out at the best sushi restaurant ever. Had some DELICIOUS sushi, and a couple glasses of wine, then they came back to our apartment for a little bit. They're the friends we actually got Violet from, and she was so excited to see them. She's staying with them next weekend when BF takes me to Boston for my birthday.

Saturday - Went back across town for two more lacrosse games. Then BF & I went to hang out with some other friends at their apartment. We had BBQ pulled pork with mashed potatoes & it was AMAZING. We played some board games and had some drinks & good laughs. They're one of my favorite couples to hang out with, and we always have fun.

Yesterday was LAAAAZZZYYY. I actually woke up way earlier than I planned on, like 830, but I just lazed around all day for the most part. We watched basketball (happy about UConn, sad about Michigan), ordered in, and had a lovely day. 

My birthday is in two days!! I'm definitely NOT hoping for a pony. Nope, not even a little bit.

*******************************************************************************************

• @Hummingbird125 - pics of your new hair??

O/T, but why do we have a zillion stickies at the top of the board now for casting calls and other junk?  it totally clutters up the board and is ruining my posting experience today.  thanks a lot, @KP!
  • labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its

My weekend wasn't long enough. But I guess they never are.

Friday I worked late and then FI and I pretty much chilled the rest of the evening.

Saturday I logged in inthe morning for a few minutes to check email but nothing was moving so I gave up on working for the rest of the weekend. Then FI and I went to a beer craft/beer supply store and bought a kit to start brewing our own beer. It just makes 5 gallons of beer and it seemed like a small investment and an easy enough starting point to see if it's something we really want to get in to or not. Then I dropped off my fur baby at @southernpeach89's apartment for the evening while FI and I went to get sushi and play games with some friends. We played the most hilarious game ever that's a blend of pictionary and telephone. I was laughing so hard I was crying!

Sunday I woke up early and ran 4 miles. I had planned on trying to do between 5 and 6 since I was running with a group and it's easier when I have other people to push me...but I just had a super hard time getting going or finding a rhythm so I only did 4. Later we ran some errands. I bought three new knock-out rose bushes to plant next to my front porch and two small azalea bushes but I haven't decided where I want to put those yet. We also got a bunch of shading-loving bulbs that will sprout ground cover in the woodsy part of our backyard. Then we went to my parent's house for dinner. Cinders played with their dogs the entire time and was completely pooped by the time we went home.

• I MISSED YOU GUYS!!!!!

@swazzle I love your new sig pic, I was on mobile when away so I couldn't see it! Your faces are priceless!!!!!!!

Friday I was in Rome and on a 9 hour flight back to JFK. We had the chattiest limo driver on the way back, but he took a shortcut to get us home faster so I gave him a big tip for that. We ate some crappy pizza and went to bed at like 10pm.

Saturday I drove my mom back to NY and had lunch with the parentals. Got home around 3pm and did a grocery shopping list and hung around the house.

Sunday we did grocery shopping and laundry. I unpacked a little bit.

Oh and while away I got my shoes and earrings for the wedding!!!!! I'll AW some pics when I get home from work tonight. I also picked out two outfits for our e-photo shoot in April so I accomplished a lot while I was away. FI picked out our wedding invites too and I was surprised at his choice (good surprise, the man has taste!).

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • welcome back, @buddysmom80!  now we need to see all your pictures and hear all the fun stories of your trip.
  • phiraphira member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    I did a LOT of sleeping this weekend.

Seminar on Friday went okay. My PI, who gives positive feedback/compliments once in a blue moon said it went well, and then told me where I "blew it" while answering questions. Oh well. I have two weeks now until my first committee meeting, which we were hoping to do right after my seminar. It's very hard to get multiple faculty members in the same place at the same time.

After work, I stopped by the grocery store because we were running low on just about everything, and then headed home. J got home around 5:30 and we made dinner, but I was having the most difficult time staying awake. I ended up going to bed around 8:30. I think J came in a couple hours later, and we both slept till noon on Saturday.

Saturday was super lazy. Just chilled the whole day. Got brunch at the greasy spoon cafe down the street. I took a nap (15 hours of sleep clearly wasn't enough?). Yesterday was more of the same.
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • @TwoDimes, your weekend sounds like so much fun! I'm having major envy of the drunken line dancing to fabulous tea party switch.

@buddysmom80, welcome back! Can't wait to see the shoes and earrings! Please shamelessly AW some stuff from your trip too!

This weekend was kinda eh. Friday I went to my friend's celebration/speech thing. It was awesome and I'm so proud of her! My brother also introduced me to one of their friends. He was mucho grande attractive and really nice, but we didn't get to talk much just based on the nature of the thing, so that's kind of a bummer. I may run into him again at some point, so we'll see.

Saturday and Sunday I worked 8:30-9. I haaaate that shift, it's dumb, it's made up, and it literally takes up the whole day. :( Whatever, though. It started randomly snowing/some weird crazy white stuff in the middle of my shift yesterday, and I was displeased. I scurried home so I could catch TWD, chilled with my brother for a bit, and then went to bed.

Today I slept in, yesssssssss! And now I'm easing into some studying today. I should probably go out and exercise at some point too, blahhhhh.

• Obligatory new hair pic...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    @buddysmom80 Please AW your trip and your earrings and your shoes and your E-photo outfits! I can't wait to hear all the stories about your vacation!

• phiraphira member
    @hummingbird125 It looks AWESOME. I wouldn't have even known your hair had been highlighted.
    Anniversary
  • @buddysmom80 do we get a full detailed post of your trip?

Anniversary

• @lmhollister and @peaseblossom55 I'm going to have a HUGE AW post this evening. I was going to do it today at work, but work has been CRAZY. Meetings all day pretty much :(

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • @hummingbird125 - GORGEOUS! 

Now I want to get my hair done. I'm trying to hold off until a little closer to my anniversary trip. 

• @buddysmom80 I can't wait to hear about it.

Anniversary

• This weekend was good but no where near long enough!

Friday BF and I had dinner with one of my best friends and her husband and 5 month old, and then watched the hockey game at their place. So I got my fill of baby snuggles while my friend and her husband badgered BF and I to have a shotgun wedding. I think they are VERY bored these days!

Saturday morning BF had hockey and I slept in (yay!). Then we ran some errands and BF finally spent some gift cards from Christmas. He's a very decisive shopper so it was pretty painless. Saturday night was the house warming party for another of my best friends and her BF; many bottles of wine were consumed and we had a really great time.

Sunday I played a fun game called "don't appear hungover to your probably FMIL". BF had to be at church early so I went with his mom and had to sternly tell myself to pull my shit together before I got in the car with her. I was feeling pretty rocky, so thank goodness for big sunglasses and bigger coffee! BF and I spent a lazy afternoon napping in front of the tv which was much needed.

I took a personal day today because I have to deal with a few things with my apartment building, which is working out well because I got NOTHING done this weekend! So laundry and cleaning and all of that is happening this morning while I wait for the building manager.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• I got home from LA around midnight Friday night/Saturday morning so I slept most of the weekend and caught up on tv shows.  I'm tired and grumpy and missed my ladies <3  I think the lack of sleep and re-adjusting to my schedule is making me weepy and blah.  Need warm fuzzies.
  • phiraphira member
    This weekend was good but no where near long enough!

Friday BF and I had dinner with one of my best friends and her husband and 5 month old, and then watched the hockey game at their place. So I got my fill of baby snuggles while my friend and her husband badgered BF and I to have a shotgun wedding. I think they are VERY bored these days!

Saturday morning BF had hockey and I slept in (yay!). Then we ran some errands and BF finally spent some gift cards from Christmas. He's a very decisive shopper so it was pretty painless. Saturday night was the house warming party for another of my best friends and her BF; many bottles of wine were consumed and we had a really great time.

Sunday I played a fun game called "don't appear hungover to your probably FMIL". BF had to be at church early so I went with his mom and had to sternly tell myself to pull my shit together before I got in the car with her. I was feeling pretty rocky, so thank goodness for big sunglasses and bigger coffee! BF and I spent a lazy afternoon napping in front of the tv which was much needed.

I took a personal day today because I have to deal with a few things with my apartment building, which is working out well because I got NOTHING done this weekend! So laundry and cleaning and all of that is happening this morning while I wait for the building manager.
    Ahahahaha I love playing this game and all its variations ...
    Anniversary
  • Friday was pretty much the worst day ever.  I made an emergency appointment with my gyno because I was feeling abdominal pain.  Turns out my Mirena was in the process of spontaneous expulsion from my uterus.  And I have a cyst on my ovary that is 3.8 cm.  And I'm insulin resistant (from my PCOS.)  And they had to remove my IUD, put my on BC pills and medication for my IR.  And then put me on "pelvic rest" for 8 weeks!  I just can't even.

Saturday I hung out and walked around with DH.  We snuggled.  We went to see Noah at night.  It was the worst movie ever.  It was like the Bible meets Transformers.

Sunday I hung out, went to Sam's Club with my brother, and snuggled DH…dreading today, when my boss is back in the office.  :(
  • @loves2shop4shoes oh my, definite hugs going out to you! Friday was rough. Ugh.
    I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
  • @loves2shop4shoes, ouch!! Hugs to you. I hope you're feeling better soon.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards