Not Engaged Yet

Weekend recap

2»

Re: Weekend recap

• phiraphira member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    @loves2shop4shoes UGH THE WORST! That is all of the bad uterus news. Shit.
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    @loves2shop4shoes I hope you're doing better today. What a shitty Friday! :(

• @loves2shop4shoes - That all really sucks! I hope you're feeling better.

My weekend was alright. BF came up on Friday to talk to the person in charge of the masters biomedical sciences program at the university I go to, which he was really interested in because it's only one year. Turns out there is a different program that is more suited to his interests/goals but it's two years instead of one. So BF and I had lots of talks about how that will affect our timeline for marriage. We both decided that we're sick of waiting and we aren't going to put it off another two years and we'll find a way to make it work.

We spent the rest of the weekend watching Battlestar Galactica and didn't do much that was productive.

• @loves2shop4shoes sending you hugs and healing vibes!

This was supposed to be a relaxing weekend, but turned out to be busy.  Kiddo was supposed to be with her dad Friday afternoon and all weekend, but she really wanted to go to the Twin Cities Actor Expo.  So, we spent Friday getting her ready with headshots and an updated resume, and she stayed with us, so I could take her the next day.  We also worked on a brainstorm for the poem we are co-writing and that she will read at the wedding on the subject of Family.

Saturday, we got up early, got ready and attended the Expo.  She enjoyed the workshops, but was getting antsy by the 3rd one.  She did get to meet 5 agency representatives and had great feedback on her headshots, so we'll see if she is able connect with an agent after this.  In the evening, I dropped her off with her dad and FI and I went to his good friend's birthday party.

Sunday was some of that much needed R&R.

• phiraphira member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    @bethsmiles I totally hear you on the timeline. We'd been planning to put off kids until I had a stable job post-graduation, but the more we thought about it, the more trapped we felt. Instead, we decided to start trying (or to stop preventing) after I finish my program, and we'll just deal with what happens next.
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • @loves2shop4shoes that is awful! I hope you're feeling better :)

@phira I think I pulled it off! Sadly I had to keep up the game through lunch, since BF's sister and her husband and kid came for family lunch. All I wanted to do was nap!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• BreMRBreMR member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    @loves2shop4shoes I'm so sorry to hear about that, I had the Mirena and had some cyst problems so I got rid of it.... I hope you feel better !

My weekend was pretty good, I really can't remember what I did on Friday.. I think it was just a night of taking it easy and Saturday I spent the day shopping with my bf mom, sister, and my mom and my daughter.. I spent a TON of money but it was so fun.  Then we had our 12th (dating) anniversary dinner with one of my dear friends from high school and it was nice and relaxing!  Sunday we had dinner at my bf's mom's (it was nice enough outside to grill FINALLY!!)  Then we had a relaxing night at home...

• @Phira - We've pushed back our timeline so many times. Originally we wanted to get married last summer, then this summer, now we're waiting until next summer. We figure if we wait for everything to be perfect, we'll never get married! I'm sure the same thing will happen when we decide we want kids.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards