Not Engaged Yet

Show us your future bling

PepperallyPepperally member
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
edited March 2014 in Not Engaged Yet

I know many of you have been ring shopping with your partners.  What did you end up liking?  Show us some examples, or even the exact one.  Everyone loves ring bling...nothing wrong with showing us what you liked.  We actually went shopping twice last week, not purposely but while we were out and about we looked at some.  He kind of surprised me, initially he'd been saying he likes solitaires with no side diamonds.  Then he changed his story this past week.  There is one that is kind of unique that I've looked at more than once, but I can't find an exact pic, but one very similar.  That's the first pic, where it has a sort of twist/overlapping band look (the one I like has a lot less "metal" around the main diamond).

And then the other one the latest in the styles he's liked...

Re: Show us your future bling

• I love aquamarine!  Great choice!  It's very classic looking.
  • The jeweler does custom bands so I can get one that goes with the side diamonds and also fit right up against the curve of the oval. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Who doesn't love looking at bling!

I love @BriSox81 choice and would maybe go with an oval center stone if I had to choose all over again - but I do love my set too. Ovals just looks so unique and vintage though...not so run of the mill.

• phiraphira member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    I'm hoping for a wedding band like this one (but made by our jeweler and a little more modern):

And I'm trying to convince J to ask the Etsy seller who makes the following ring make a pendant instead, for me to wear as a necklace on our wedding day:
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • I love seeing pictures of @BriSox81's soon-to-be ring!!!  and I especially love seeing another oval here on the board. 
  • These were my final four choices. BF made the ultimate selection, but we both had input in getting to this point.

Petite Bezel Round Brilliant Moissanite Milgrain Solitaire Ring
    Designer Inspired Moissanite Solitaire Ring
    Round Moissanite 6-Prong Trellis Solitaire Ring
    Low Set Round Moissanite Solitaire Ring
  • FoxandBunnyFoxandBunny member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited March 2014
    I am drooling over this ring, even though I won't see it or anything like it actually on my hand for a few years. That doesn't mean I can't look though!

I am also in love with these 2, but they're unique and already sold, so I know I won't be getting them. I love the way antique rings look though. 

Edited because I left out words
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• BreMRBreMR member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    We went ring shopping awhile back and I had my dream ring in my brain, I was shocked to find out that the ring I fell in love with was everything I thought I didn't want... like a set, pave and channel set diamonds.  Alas, it was the ring I kept going back to for two hours in the store.

*sidenote:  His mom told me this weekend that he asked her to go ring shopping with him, she probably should have kept it a secret, but she's been begging us to get married for years so I think she's more excited than me :) *
  • phiraphira member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    @KeptInStitches over here drooling over #1

@FoxandBunny I love your unique choices! I like that kind of detailing around the center stone, on the band itself. Lovely!
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • @phira - Thank you! I love them too! I wish I could have them. I want a ring with the detailing around the stone like that because it's just so pretty and something you don't see much anymore. Rings just aren't made like that anymore. 

• @phira, agreed - I'm excited to see what he chose!
  • I'm pretty in the dark as to what BF is going to choose. I don't even know what gemstone he's going to pick out but I'm thinking it will be along these lines based on what we've discussed:

Emma, 6mm Morganite and Rose Gold  Solitaire Diamond Basket

• @Pepperally - that second one looks JUST like my ring (see below)! Is it moissanite?

Obviously, I'm a fan :-)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Hummingbird125, yes that ring is very similar. Your ring is gorgeous!! I'm afraid he doesn't know what moissanite is, he's only looked at diamonds.
  • We settled on this one, it's on order and he'll be choosing when to do the actual proposal after it arrives.

• This is the one I got - it was always my favorite (shown with wedding band):

Anniversary
  • This is what I'm really hoping for: 

But I want a black diamond, and I'm sure that BF will want to design his own because thats how he is . . . And i'm not sure what metal I'll want yet. . . .
    ANYWAY - 
    I love seeing everyones soon-to-be-rings!!! This is fun!!
                                    Daisypath Wedding tickers

• No plans on getting engaged anytime soon that I know of, but I like to look at shiny objects anyway.  

I would like something like this:
    That's about as opulent as I get.  I'm not picky though, I'd love anything he got me.
  • So BF and I went ring shopping this past Saturday because we had time to kill before our dinner reservation and happened to walk past a jewelry store. He wants a new watch, so we went in to look at those, and then I saw him looking at rings and asked me to give him some ideas. I fell in love with this (e-ring and band):

Diamond Wedding Set 14K

He got really annoyed at me, because I couldn't find anything that I liked equally and he prefers to surprise me completely. He's such a traditionalist! But if that means I have to go try on more bling to give him more options, then I won't complain! 

• @bethsmiles - love the rose gold!

@LabLove86 - that is such a beautiful ring!!  I love it!!

@FoxandBunny - ring #2 is just GORGEOUS
  • @pepperally your dream ring and my real ring are almost ring twins!
    I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
  • I'm hoping I get the matching wedding band to my e-ring. We're going to our local jeweler this weekend to see if he can replicate it since my e-ring is a Simon G, the band is at a huge mark-up.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • lilacck28lilacck28 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited April 2014
    It''s being set and made right now at a local jewelers with an heirloom marquise diamond (though I guess it doesn't yet count as heirloom since it's just one generation old...) But it looks just like this Blue Nile ring. I LOVE all these ring pictures.image
  • cu97tigercu97tiger member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited April 2014
    I love @brisox81's (future) ring SO SO much.

These are my rings (sorry it's so huge):

These are the rings I would choose now, if I had a do-over (this looks better if you click on it... it's kind of smushed):
    A marquis solitaire and diamond wedding bands transformed into a beautiful right hand ring.

I would want four or five stackable ones. I love my diamond band, and plan to get another one, someday.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• @Shiroyasha - Your dream ring is very similar to my ring. LOVE!1-3/4 CT. T.W. Diamond Framed Bridal Set in 14K White Gold - Gordon's Jewelers1-3/4 CT. T.W. Diamond Framed Bridal Set in 14K White Gold - Gordon's Jewelers

• ShallowSeasShallowSeas member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited April 2014
    This is the set FI bought me. I love the way they look together. I can't wait until I can finally wear the band also ;)

imageimageimage

Anniversary

• @Blue&White -indeed it does look similar ! I love your ring!!! I love seeing all of these very unique rings! Great choices ladies (and good choices to your partners for those who already got theirs!)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards