April 2014 Weddings

Marriage Licenses

Do you all have them? Was it difficult to get? We got ours a couple of weeks ago, the whole process took about 20 minutes.

Anniversary

Re: Marriage Licenses

• I thought it would be cute to get ours on St. Patrick's Day so we would always remember when we got it! It wasn't hard to get at all, I looked online beforehand to make sure I had everything I needed when I went there, and I was able to fill out the form online so all they had to do was look it up when we got there. We showed our licenses, raised our right hands and were good to go :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • It took us less than 20 minutes to get ours today.  No waiting period or blood tests required in VA.  Just filled out a basic form about our age, level of education, parents, and that we weren't currently married to someone else.  Swore we told the truth, paid $30, and walked out with a license.
  • It took us less than 20 minutes to get ours today.  No waiting period or blood tests required in VA.  Just filled out a basic form about our age, level of education, parents, and that we weren't currently married to someone else.  Swore we told the truth, paid $30, and walked out with a license.
    Same here, also in VA
  • Oh wow you ladies obtained your marriage licenses early.  In NJ, they are only good for a month (30 days), so we just picked it up on the 28th of March.
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We're getting ours tomorrow!
  • We got ours 2 weekends ago (Pa bride). Ours are valid for 60 days, but we live 6 hours away, and since it's hard for FI to get off work, we got it when we went in for my bridal shower :) it took like 20 minutes, and we were getting a relatively unique license.
  • amm88amm88 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Comment
    Sounds like getting the marriage license was a good experience for everybody. It was exciting to get ours, it was really our first official document as a couple. 25 more days to go for us!!

Anniversary

• We are ordering ours online and picking it up the week before the wedding. It's a DE license and only good for 30 days. We're in Philly so we're going to pick it up when we drive down for our final meeting with venue.

25 days!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • God Bless my mother! She saved us. I'm from PA as well but living in NC. We were home at the end of February (which I believe would have been within the 60 days) but we completely forgot to go get our license! We aren't going back up again until Tuesday night before our wedding!

When I called to see if Saturday would make the 3 day waiting period cut, I was told if we got the license on Wednesday, we would have to wait until the following MONDAY! eeeek!

Thank got my mom works up at the courthouse often and was able to get the waiting period waived for us. Whew!
  • We got ours about three weeks ago. We're getting married in Los Angeles, so I imagine the process takes longer than most other places. It was like the DMV of paperwork. We stood in line for 2 hours then got our license. It was really stressful filling out my new name. A total "OMG am I really taking his name!?" moment. I tried one more time to convince him that we should both take his mother's name, but no go on his part. It's a real shame, her name is way nicer than his dad's.
  • We got ours a few weeks ago in NC. They're good for 60 days. It was such an easy process (which is kind of scary!) We filled out the form online which they were able to pull up when we went to the office. We signed a few things and were sent on our way.
  • Got ours earlier this week.  I was a bit shocked that I didn't have to show my divorce papers, or anything other than a driver's license.  We did have to take a witness with us, which was a bit of an inconvenience, asking a third working adult to take time off in the middle of a workday to go with us.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards