Wedding Etiquette Forum

FI thinks TK turned me into the etiquette police

2»

Re: FI thinks TK turned me into the etiquette police

• Lolo8383 said:
    Man, I would think it was rude enough to have to use my own stamp to mail back an RSVP, let alone go out and buy the postcard! 

And I'm SO OVER the whole multiple baby showers thing. So many of my friends say shit like "well it's just not fair that Baby 1 was honored with a shower, and Baby 2 gets jack diddly. Don't we love Baby 2 enough for little precious to get its own shower?" NO because the shower isn't meant to honor the BABY, it's meant to honor the person becoming a parent for the first time, which happens precisely ONCE. Doesn't matter how far apart your kids are, or whether you're having a different gender. You are already a parent. If someone thinks it's just so unfair and wants to bring you a present, they will. You don't get another shower!
    I don't find that particular request rude at all.  Providing a SASE is a kindness not an entitlement.  And honestly postcards are not that expensive, nor is a single stamp.

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards