Wedding Reception Forum

Dance Floor for outdoor wedding? Is grass ok?

2»

Re: Dance Floor for outdoor wedding? Is grass ok?

• As much as I love being barefoot in the grass (really, it's my favorite feeling), I wouldn't do it at a wedding. I'm not stuck up, I'm not afraid of dirt, I would just feel a bit awkward about it.

I agree that there are some safety and liability issues with having people dance on the grass or making a makeshift dance floor. But you may be able to shop around for a better price.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• In addition to the concerns about tripping hazards, etc, it just sounds like a mosquito attack waiting to happen. My ankles beg you to look into a less expensive alternative for the dance floor. Grass in bare feet can be lovely... on an 80°+ afternoon in the sunshine, shorts and a tank top, hopping off the tractor after mowing the yard. Fancy dress in the evening when the dew is setting in and bugs are coming out? I would probably go home.

• OMG you guys...it's a 4 year old thread! Zombie thread rises TWICE! @KnotPorscha - zombie thread!
  • I guess I'm a city girl because like hell would I be dancing around barefoot in the grass at a wedding. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Also, it's hard to dance on grass.  I'd shop around for some kind of flooring.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • THIS IS A ZOMBIE THREAD - 3 YEARS OLD. PLEASE LET IT REST IN PEACE.

THANK YOU.
    Oops.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards