Chit Chat

Tacky April Fools Day jokes

2»

Re: Tacky April Fools Day jokes

• @pinkcow13 I had a few of those fake pregnancy announcements too. It's really an insensitive joke. Two girls from my birth board just recently lost their baby at 20 weeks. =( 
  • I just like to hide and scare people that I know will take it well. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• I saw one person post about how they were going to have to give up their dogs, then saw all of the comments saying, "I knew it was a joke! Ur the bezt dawg owner everrrrrr!!!!".

Then I logged off of Facebook, because I'm not in the mood to handle that shit.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My first dress fitting just happened to be on April 1st last year. Halfway through the fitting I started tearing up (out of joy) but I decided to toy with my mom and at the time FMIL now MIL and told them I was crying bc H and I got into a huge figut and called off the wedding. I had them going for about ten minutes and then it up.
  • MrsLynn said:

@pinkcow13 I had a few of those fake pregnancy announcements too. It's really an insensitive joke. Two girls from my birth board just recently lost their baby at 20 weeks. =( 

This is my biggest fear right now. I had a vivid miscarriage nightmare Sunday night and the only thing keeping me from freaking the eff out is the feeling of little movements. I'm 19 weeks.
  • edited April 2014
    FiancB said:
    I've seen some posts about Firefly coming back. Now that is MEAN.
    There's a special place in Hell for people like that.  A very special place.
    Reserved for child molesters and people who talk at the theatre.
  • Yeah the pregnancy announcement jokes are stupid- It's their way of saying "I'm not creative or funny enough to think of my own joke so here's a repeat of a totally not funny joke because it's the best I can do."

My definition of a good april fools joke vs a bad one:  Did it make people laugh?  Good!  Did it make people upset or scared?  Bad!  I mean FFS it's a day about jokes, and making people laugh is great- so why pass up a chance to spread laughter and instead be a douche?

I personally enjoy posting Onion articles because they're SO ridiculous they're obviously a joke- and they are a lot of fun to read.
  • When I was about 12, I glued a quarter to the wooden step between our garage and our house. Fooled people all day.

I must have used Krazy-Glue, though, because that thing was on the step for YEARS -- it was the April Fool's Day joke that just.kept.on.giving. 

I'm also pretty sure that was the last joke I played on anyone for April Fool's Day. 
    I did that! My parents built our house a little at a time, so we had non-permanent wood floors in our upstairs. I glued a penny down and pointed it out to my dad when he came up to say goodnight. Unfortunately, the glue wasn't hard yet. My dad peeled it right up.  But he set it back down in the same spot and it hardened over night.  It was there for years!  My mom finally got it off by taking a sander to it when we took the floors up and put new stuff down.
  • Hearing about all the tackiness and insensitivity on facebook makes me glad that I've given up social media for Lent.

I did get my boss by turning around the tab on her can of soda. It's a harmless trick wherein the victim is supposed to think, "why won't my soda open?" then look down and see the tab turned around and laugh. Instead my boss just pressed down on the tab until it opened backwards and sent a very loud BANG echoing throughout the office.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• I usually "go dark" on 1 April, because stupid people make stupid jokes that make me stupidly mad. No SM, no radio, no TV. It was easy this year, because FI and I were doing last minute shopping in the city and then hitting the 6+ hour road home.

I was absolutely crushed a couple of years ago when our local student radio station decided to prank one of their journalists by sending him to the State Theatre to interview Metallica who were supposedly going to be doing a private show there that night. I missed the run up to the prank, and only caught them actually talking to him about the show. I got totally hyped up (I'd missed my chance to see Metallica a couple of weeks earlier) and then realised it was 1 April, just before they told him the date.
    imageDaisypath Friendship tickers
  • DH decided to "prank" me last night- by hiding along my side of the bed (high frame and bed, can't see anything next to it till you go around it) and waiting till I walked into the semi dark room towards him to grab my ankle and shout boo. I screeched and hit the floor, almost kicked him in the face. Just glad I didn't manage to wake up the baby next door with the thin walls in our place
  • Annnnnnnd....continuing this thread...

This morning on the radio, one of the morning hosts I usually listen to was saying how Monday, he'd gotten an e-mail from his six-year-old son's T-ball coach and the e-mail said his son was going to be the starting pitcher on Tuesday's scrimmage/game.

So Monday afternoon, he worked with his son in the backyard, and all day Tuesday, the kid was SO EXCITED about being the starting pitcher and he told all his little friends and so on.

Tuesday afternoon, the kid shows up, all excited about this, and the MOTHER FUCKING ASSHOLE SON OF A BITCH CUNT MONKEY COACH says, 'Oh, April Fool's, haha! You're riding the bench.'

Apparently, he did it to a lot of the kids. One of the fathers punched him in the face and broke his nose. 

Can't say as I blame him, really.

And this is why I hate this fucking day. WHO DOES THAT to a kid???
    Anniversary

I'm gonna go with 'not my circus, not my monkeys.'

This morning on the radio, one of the morning hosts I usually listen to was saying how Monday, he'd gotten an e-mail from his six-year-old son's T-ball coach and the e-mail said his son was going to be the starting pitcher on Tuesday's scrimmage/game.

So Monday afternoon, he worked with his son in the backyard, and all day Tuesday, the kid was SO EXCITED about being the starting pitcher and he told all his little friends and so on.

Tuesday afternoon, the kid shows up, all excited about this, and the MOTHER FUCKING ASSHOLE SON OF A BITCH CUNT MONKEY COACH says, 'Oh, April Fool's, haha! You're riding the bench.'

Apparently, he did it to a lot of the kids. One of the fathers punched him in the face and broke his nose. 

WTF Seriously?? That is the cruelest joke I have ever heard! Omg I can only imagine how traumatizing that is for a kid.

banana468 - Congrats!!!!!
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

That isnt even remotely funny.

That is seriously fucked up.
    Anniversary
  • I'd punch that guy in the face and it's not even my kid. I don't even HAVE a kid. That's fucked up. 
  • That guy deserved more than a punch in the face!  I am assistant coach for my niece's softball and I hate having to tell the girls who come up to me that they aren't playing x position for that game. I can't imagine purposefully telling little kids they are going to be a starting pitcher and then have them sit the bench.  That is so cruel and I would get together with the rest of the parents and replace that coach.  Otherwise, my kid is playing for a different team, even if that means going to a different town.
  • Who the fuck pranks a kid like that? How awful! 

I like pranks. One year, a co-worker roped off my car in the parking lot, put police tape over it and made it seem like it was involved in an accident. He had orange cones and everything. So, I got him back by wrapping his entire car in pallet wrap. 

I don't like cruel, mean or stupid jokes. Pretending to be pregnant on FB is just lame. And overdone. And not funny. 
  • If it makes people laugh, it's a good prank. If it might make someone cry, bad prank. That coach would've made me cry as a kid. 
  • I had a couple announce an engagement yesterday on FB. After well over 100 likes and several dozen congratulatory comments, they announced this morning that it was a joke. They thought it was oh so funny and were proud of the fact that they pranked over 100 people. Someone commented that they should be happy that they have over 100 people who care about them enough to be excited about a potential engagement. I thought that was a great reply.
    Anniversary
  • I got my sister to tell my mom I was pregnant when I was 14 but she didn't believe me. It was pretty funny at the time but it's not funny as an adult and not okay to put on facebook.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• KatWAGKatWAG member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited April 2014
    Annnnnnnd....continuing this thread...

As someone who road the bench on my high school lacrosse team, I am happy the coach was punched in the face.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • That coach should be fired. Or at least, forced to resign or had all the parents of the kids who were pranked be pulled off the team. What kind of sick fuck does that to a 6 year old??? He earned the broken nose. Seriously, those parents have every right to take that 'prank' to the upper levels of the sports league and make sure that coach never coaches again.
  • RajahBMFD said:
    I had a couple announce an engagement yesterday on FB. After well over 100 likes and several dozen congratulatory comments, they announced this morning that it was a joke. They thought it was oh so funny and were proud of the fact that they pranked over 100 people. Someone commented that they should be happy that they have over 100 people who care about them enough to be excited about a potential engagement. I thought that was a great reply.
    That is so freaking stupid. Why would they ever think this was funny?
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• That coach should be fired. Or at least, forced to resign or had all the parents of the kids who were pranked be pulled off the team. What kind of sick fuck does that to a 6 year old??? He earned the broken nose. Seriously, those parents have every right to take that 'prank' to the upper levels of the sports league and make sure that coach never coaches again.
    I know! Next year someone can tell him that he's getting a special award and a raise, and then they can fire him instead! SO FUNNY RIGHT?
  • No way would I let my kid play for a coach like that.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards