New Jersey

Bachelorette Party Ideas?!

Hey all!

I live in Central Jersey... looking for mid July Bach. Party and am trying to think of some fun ideas to do with like 15 girls.

I was thinking dinner (so my 18 year old sister can join) then a bar or two... just trying to get some ideas of bars I may not know of... maybe red bank, hoboken, or open to other places... don't want my girlfriends to spend TOOO much money.. but i want to go out and have a great time!

thanks in advance!!

Re: Bachelorette Party Ideas?!

• Sorry to rain on your parade, but it is very rude to plan your own bach.  Step back and if a friend wants to plan it, they will come to you.  Your only involvement should be answering questions about what date you're available and maybe the guest list.

Hey all!

I live in Central Jersey... looking for mid July Bach. Party and am trying to think of some fun ideas to do with like 15 girls.

I was thinking dinner (so my 18 year old sister can join) then a bar or two... just trying to get some ideas of bars I may not know of... maybe red bank, hoboken, or open to other places... don't want my girlfriends to spend TOOO much money.. but i want to go out and have a great time!

thanks in advance!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• ctr24ctr24 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper
    I went to a bachelorette party at Porta in Asbury. It was a ton of fun. It's a restaurant with big group tables and some outdoor space. They also have a dj/club room that we went into after dinner. 
  • As JC mentioned its rude to plan your own b-party. But besides that if you're planning on dinner and bar hopping you should do it close to your home because your 18 year old sister isn't even allowed in the bars. It would suck for her to drive a long way then have to go home.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • didn't want that to come off like I'm planning everything.... my girls have asked me continuously where I would like go., what do i want to do, etc... I just don't know a lot of places in the areas mentioned so was trying to get ideas for them, that isn't going to be super expensive for anyone.
  • thank you ctr24 for an actual answer ! :)
  • megalega14 said: thank you ctr24 for an actual answer ! :)
    We
    all gave you actual answers.

I grew up near New Brunswick, which actually has pretty good night life if you are looking to reduce travel costs.  Red Bank is awesome but I don't know too much about it.  Groupon often has really fun ideas: cooking and painting classes, dinner coupons, theater.  I bet you can find some stuff either in NB or Red Bank.

Either way I definitely recommend finding something close enough to home that your younger sister can go home after dinner, so she isn't sitting in a hotel while the older women are partying.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• ctr24ctr24 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper
    I've never been out in Red Bank, but did the wedding walk there yesterday. There's this really cool new spa opening in a couple weeks, I think called Victoria's. It's got a really cool look inside. They've got a lounge area and will let you bring in whatever food/drinks you want. That would be really fun and not age restrictive. 
  • For a friend's bachelorette party, we went to Juanito's in Red Bank for dinner. 

Afterwards, we went to Red and the Downtown. 

Your younger sister wouldn't be able to do the other two. This might be totally not your style, but how about A Time to Kiln, also in Red Bank? You can paint pottery, then do dinner. If the over-21s wanted to go out after, that could happen as well, but at least the younger sister is involved with a group activity as well.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

image 293 (Adults) Invited
    image198 Yes (+ 12 children and 3 babies)
    image95 No
    image0 Unknown

• I think since you have a younger girl come to the party it may be a nice idea to have a beach weekend.  Since it is in July there are plenty of beaches that you can go to.  You can even rent out a few hotel rooms and drink there or in restaurant bars.  Asbury has a ton of stuff for nightlife that your sister would be allowed in because it's not technically a bar.  If you want to go further south to Ocean City or LBI may be a good option as well.  I would not make the party with bars/clubs as you do not want to exclude your sister.  She is a big part of your wedding after all.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Ignore Hoboken and JC. They are only on here start trouble. I'm starting to think they are the same person. 
  • HobokensFuryHobokensFury member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited April 2014
    thank you ctr24 for an actual answer ! :)
    Ignore Hoboken and JC. They are only on here start trouble. I'm starting to think they are the same person. 

I didn't know telling someone proper etiquette was starting trouble. I guess I've been doing it wrong for the past 4 years. Then again you don't give a shit how you treat your guests cuz it's your day.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    I'm on here to give (and get) good advice about properly hosting a wedding.  Because, you know, I care about my loved ones and want them to have a great time, be hosted the way they deserve, and not have to deal with bridezilla behavior.

And it seems like you're the one starting "trouble."  There was zero conflict on this thread before you called us out for giving good etiquette advice.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Part 1 - Agreeing with Hoboken and JC about not planning your actual party, but as you've already clarified that you're just trying to spitball ideas since your girlfriends/sister are asking, no reason to continue on that path. You'd be surprised with how many people think it's okay to plan their own... definitely tacky. We all want to make sure you guys get good advice here!

Part 2 - Red Bank is a fun town - I'd second one of the PPs who recommended the Downtown. It's a very cool vibe with an upstairs area. Drinks are on the pricier side for the area, but  they aren't stingy with their pours, so it evens out. If you like a more relaxed vibe, I'd also recommend the Dublin House (more of a pub)  and the Globe (more of a dive bar). They're pretty popular and have nice atmospheres.

I lived in Hoboken for 3 years - there's TONS to do in terms of bar hopping. Cabs are cheap ($5 per cab ride anywhere in town) and some of the bars run free shuttles. If you want a younger, messier kind of vibe, I'd recommend the bars downtown like Mulligans (an old favorite of mine, haha), the Shannon, and McSchwiggans. They're all on the same street and you can easily bounce from one to the other. If you prefer something a little less... fratty... I'd recommend staying uptown. Madison's, City Bistro, and Bin 14 are great. Bin 14 is an awesome wine bar and the first two are great bars. City Bistro even has a beautiful rooftop bar that's open in the nicer weather. I believe there's also Pier 13 now as well, which is literally a pier out in the bay where you can buy beer and food trucks park there to sell their stuff. They have astro turf with fun chairs. I was sad it opened as I was about to move out of Hoboken - it was awesome the few times I visited.

Anyway, hope that helps! I know a lot of the goings on in Hoboken, I just moved last year, so PM me if you have any questions! Ditto with Red Bank, I grew up in the next town over so it was where I spent much of my "youth" :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards