Snarky Brides

This person I know posted their wedding website on FB last week

After posting lots of stuff about wedding planning and what they are going to do and even posting pictures of them registering. Something about posting all their wedding crap on facebook makes me feel bad for the people who want to go and aren't invited.

I sort of want to rsvp a bunch of fake people to their website, since it's there for all to see.

I used to work with the guy and he was a total dick.

Snark snark snark

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: This person I know posted their wedding website on FB last week

• Snark away!!! And do it!! He deserves it!
  • Mr. Hanky!!! Is he coming with his wife and kids? Or did he divorce her??
  • jessiray said:
    Mr. Hanky!!! Is he coming with his wife and kids? Or did he divorce her??
    You know his wife is a poorly functioning drunk. And the wedding is kids-free!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• oh my god that's freaking hilarious. I forsee a whiny blow up fest facebook post where he passive aggressively mentions "people rsvp'ing" and doesn't say who.
    The really stupid part about that is, someone could maliciously rsvp as people on his friends list just to piss them all off! I mean, obviously most people are not going to do that, but some people have terrible sense of humor and would do that! How does he not think about that stuff?
  • larrygaga said:
    Okay I RSVP'd with

Larry King
    Jose Cuervo
    Your Mother
    Mr. Hanky
    You made my day! That is so awesome.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Wait, why hasn't Voldemort RSVP'd yet? heh
    ~*~*~*~*~

• Wait, why hasn't Voldemort RSVP'd yet? heh
    I actually had a conversation with his fiance about harry potter. She didn't like the first few chapters and thought they were poorly written. ew right?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• larrygaga said:
    Wait, why hasn't Voldemort RSVP'd yet? heh
    I actually had a conversation with his fiance about harry potter. She didn't like the first few chapters and thought they were poorly written. ew right?
    uh what? Blasphemy! 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • larrygaga said:
    All the more reason Voldemort should make an appearance!
    ~*~*~*~*~

• Then Voldemort should definitely RSVP!
  • Blasphemy!! Severus Snape, Albus Dumbeldore, Minervs McGonagall, Filius Flitwick, Sybill Trelawney, Rubeus Hagrid, all of the Weasleys, Harry and Hermione all should RSVP.
    And all of their children! Don't forget Neville and Luna
    Anniversary
  • HA. I might. I want to see if this gets a reaction.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• You must update us when he inevitably wines about it on FB.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Oh my god. Who in the world would give the internet control over their guest list?? WHY would you post your website if the only way to RSVP was on there?

I posted my website to FB, but only because I saw so many other girls do it. But I don't have my RSVPs on there! One website I remember seeing DID have her RSVPs .. and I remember thinking "i should RSVP even though I know I'm not invited.."

image   image   image

• Oh my god. Who in the world would give the internet control over their guest list?? WHY would you post your website if the only way to RSVP was on there? I posted my website to FB, but only because I saw so many other girls do it. But I don't have my RSVPs on there! One website I remember seeing DID have her RSVPs .. and I remember thinking "i should RSVP even though I know I'm not invited.."
    So people who weren't invited were given a link to your wedding website?
  • ElcaBElcaB member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    larrygaga said:
    Let me guess: She thought E.L. James mastered the English language in 50 Shades of Grey. 
  • Haha!! Please share his reaction with us! That really is too funny. 

Posting your wedding website on your Facebook page is hella tacky. A girl I went to HS with did this. Bonus: She's having a PPD! 
  • She's a "writer" herself. I haven't seen a reaction yet
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• ElcaB said:
    larrygaga said:
    Let me guess: She thought E.L. James mastered the English language in 50 Shades of Grey. 
    So many arguments I had with people about what a shitty writer she is. I almost ended friendships over it. 
  • You have seriously made my day.  Thank you for RSVPing.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker}
  • Haha!! Please share his reaction with us! That really is too funny. 

Posting your wedding website on your Facebook page is hella tacky. A girl I went to HS with did this. Bonus: She's having a PPD! 
    Are we friends with the same person? I know a really nice girl who is doing this too.
  • One of my biggest wedding fears is that our wedding website would be shared over Facebook by some well-meaning friend or relative. Our wedding info, our wedding details, our RSVPs getting out to all sorts of people we don't want/can't afford to have at our wedding....*shudder*

That being said, don't forget to RSVP Justin Bieber, Edward Cullen, and Miley Cyrus too! :P

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I posted a link to my website on my FB. It didn't have any RSVP info on there though. It just has photos and a link to a video as well as the location of the wedding. (Go view it if you'd like!!) 
    Was that wrong to do?! This made me feel nervous.
  • wiggsaj said:
    I posted a link to my website on my FB. It didn't have any RSVP info on there though. It just has photos and a link to a video as well as the location of the wedding. (Go view it if you'd like!!) 
    Was that wrong to do?! This made me feel nervous.
    @wiggsaj Yeah I would not do that if I were you.  I try to keep wedding stuff off my FB, because it can sort of rub it in for people who are not invited.

I'd just remove the post from my timeline quietly.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• Why are you all encouraging OP to RSVP with fake names? Remember the guestbook situation several days ago? I think I remember many of you upset with that. How is this any different? Pretty damn hypocritical.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards