October 2015 Weddings
Options

Introduction :)

Hi! I thought I would introduce myself... I'm not really new to theknot, as I've been married once before but its been awhile...

A little about us: I am 29 years old, in the healthcare field. FI is 30 years old and a welder. No kids, no pets... We like being outside - bonfires, four wheeling, fishing, horseback riding, camping, etc

We met online in Dec of 2010, got engaged 6 months later and now...
After being engaged nearly 3 years, we've finally set a date! 10/10/15. We are having a somewhat small wedding, with about 45 in attendance. I bought my dress about a month ago and have found a reception site but are still looking for the perfect outdoor ceremony site. 

Congrats to all of you on your own weddings! I hope to get to know you all and appreciate any and all advice!
LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Re: Introduction :)

• Options
    Hi :) I'm new-ish to the knot. My name is Taylor. I'm 19 and from northern New York. My FI is 20. He has 5 sisters, while I have only a half-sister. We met working at Taco Bell when we were 16. We started dating in October of 2011. We have a 13-month old daughter. We also have 3 cats. We love bohemian/indie inspired things. Our wedding is going to be 10/24/2015. Our ceremony is going to a traditional Catholic mass service. The reception is going to be bohemian/nature themed. My MOH has been my best friend for twelve years.

Congrats on your wedding and it is very nice to meet you :) 
  • Options
    Hi there! I'm Jen - I'm 28 and from NYC, as is my FI. I'm a travel consultant and he's an editor. We technically met in high school, but started dating after running into each other at a battle of the bands he was playing in. We'll be together for 8 years next month, and he proposed on our 7 year anniversary. No kids, no pets, just us :)

We've already chosen our venue for both ceremony and reception (same spot) for about 75-80 guests - we're both 'foodies' so throwing a great party with great food & drink is really important to us. We're both an interracial and interfaith couple, so we need to do a lot of work on exactly how we want the ceremony to go and what's meaningful for us. I'm also trying hard to find a color scheme that's both modern looking, appropriate for fall, and that we can do some touches from his culture (Indian) without making the venue look 'Indian themed'. FI is very involved and helpful with all the details though, so far so good! 

Good luck planning to you both as well! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards