Michigan-Detroit

Environmental Discovery Center - Indian Springs Metropark?!?!

OK ladies... So here's my dilemma. FI and I have been looking into the EDC at Indian Springs and although I LOVE the venue (and the price), I hate the fact that we are forced to use Kosch. I've read a lot of mixed reviews about them, but the thing that really gets me is their price! For the package that we like, we're looking at spending almost $9000 in just the catering. Also, we're only planning on a guest count of about 50-75 people, and Kosch has a minimum of 100, so we have to pay for the extra meals. We were hoping to have a $10,000 budget for the entire wedding, which is one of the reasons why we fell in love with the EDC... but it looks like that's not going to happen with Kosch. So does anyone have any suggestions for a venue comparable to Indian Springs? We want to have an outdoor ceremony with an indoor reception. Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Re: Environmental Discovery Center - Indian Springs Metropark?!?!

• Are you specific to the White Lake area?
  • OK ladies... So here's my dilemma. FI and I have been looking into the EDC at Indian Springs and although I LOVE the venue (and the price), I hate the fact that we are forced to use Kosch. I've read a lot of mixed reviews about them, but the thing that really gets me is their price! For the package that we like, we're looking at spending almost $9000 in just the catering. Also, we're only planning on a guest count of about 50-75 people, and Kosch has a minimum of 100, so we have to pay for the extra meals. We were hoping to have a $10,000 budget for the entire wedding, which is one of the reasons why we fell in love with the EDC... but it looks like that's not going to happen with Kosch. So does anyone have any suggestions for a venue comparable to Indian Springs? We want to have an outdoor ceremony with an indoor reception. Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!
    I have a girlfriend getting married at Formar Preserve up in Genesee county a lot cheaper than that. If I wanted outdoors I would probably go that route too. 
  • Not sure how far you can travel but I'm getting married at the Lake Nepessing Boat Club in Lapeer. Price is great and you can bring in your own caterer and alcohol. Tell Krista that Tiffany sent ya! http://lakenepessingboatclub.com/
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • brittany8788 No I'm not specific to White Lake.  We live in Ferndale and are hoping for something within a 45 minute drive though...
  • I feel your pain. I am getting married next week and the reception is at Indian springs. We just ended up biting the bullet on the price of catering because we loved the place so much.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards