New York-Hudson Valley
Options

Venues with low guest minimum?

Hi all! I'm having trouble finding venues with a low guest minimum. Ideally, I'd like no more than a 50 person minimum. I will likely end up with a guest list of 90-110, but I'm not sure of that and don't want to have to guarantee/pay for 100 guests if that won't be the case. I do want a Saturday evening wedding, and currently I'm aiming for April-June. Any ideas?
Wedding Countdown Ticker
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Venues with low guest minimum?

• Options
    Hi all! I'm having trouble finding venues with a low guest minimum. Ideally, I'd like no more than a 50 person minimum. I will likely end up with a guest list of 90-110, but I'm not sure of that and don't want to have to guarantee/pay for 100 guests if that won't be the case. I do want a Saturday evening wedding, and currently I'm aiming for April-June. Any ideas?
    Could you find a venue that does a minimum price instead of a low guest minimum? Where are you looking to get married?

We're getting married in the Albany area, and that's what we did. Normally, they would do a minimum number of people, but they were willing to switch to a minimum price in our contract. (We're looking at ~70 people, minimum price for us is 6,500, but that includes open bar, dinner, cake, and champagnetoasts. Total price will be less than 7,500)
  • Options
    @amrhodes23 - Looking in the Hudson Valley area - not tooo far from NYC because my family is mostly on Long Island. That's a good idea to ask about though, I will keep it in mind.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    @Hummingbird125 I'm familiar with the area; I'm from Orange County. I cant think of anything off the top of my head for a venue from that area though at the moment :/
  • Options
    vmj23vmj23 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited April 2014

I am having mine at Bear Mountain - at the Overlook Lodge.  The min is 65.   http://www.visitbearmountain.com/meetings-and-events.htm 

I believe Mohonk also has some small wedding packages available.  http://www.mohonk.com/  I've never been to a wedding there, but hear they are very nice.

I found when I was looking for a venue with a low min, that they would normally do lower min requirements for a Friday or Sunday, if you are not set on having it on a Saturday. 

There are also a lot of wineries in the area, that host wedding and I found there was typically a site fee ( you have to bring all the catering and everything else).  Not sure your budget, or if you want a place that is all inclusive, but this can be an option for a lower min venue.

• Options
    Try Colden Manor, (Town of Newburgh/Montgomery area) I believe that they do lower head counts. Or Eagles Nest in Bloomingburg. Try them I believe that they do lower minimums too. 
  • Options
    HH2BeHH2Be member
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    We are getting married at The Fountains at Wallkill.  We originally thought we'd have 100 at least.. but now that we have a list, it is going to be a bit more, but looking for a low minimum was key for us.  The same people own the Fountains as well as The Eagle's Nest.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards