May 2015 Weddings

Color schemes/themes?

2»

Re: Color schemes/themes?

• Megusler said:
    Eggplant purple, Legend of Zelda green and Sunflower yellow. We just found our venue too, a restored Victorian mansion. The colors and the dark wood in the venue are going to look awesome. I'm for sure putting my girls in purple and the boys in green and then sunflowers will bring our yellow in all together. So exciting!
    Love the Zelda green, haha! I'm painting my fiance's den/game room/man cave Zelda green :)
  • Coral and Grey :)
  • This was a tough subject for us.  He likes dark colors and i wanted it to be more springy/summery, so we both finally decided on Lime/lemon theme.  BM will be wearing yellow dresses and carrying lime green arrangements and my bouquet will be all yellow.

• I'm going with antique gold, coral, and a dusty light green
    dusty miller and coral peonies might be my new fave!!
  • My colors will be Teal and Black with silver accents. Theme will be romance novel. I am still coming up with ideas to make the theme go over well. So far I have decided to do bookmark save the dates and our engagement photos will be done like my favorite romance novel covers. Also the table names will be romance novel titles
  • Colors - lavender, hunter green, and a touch of ivory. We chose them, because we want the wedding to feel like a forest setting. As for a theme, i think it's spring-related. Meh, not real worried about it.
  • im just thinking black and white
  • Blush, Ivory, burlap, and lace
  • Colors will be lavender/lilac with touches of turquoise and of course there will be touches of white & gray. As for the theme we are going for a late 40's/early 50's, Frank Sinatra inspired. 
  • I started with seafoam and lilac with silver (we are both Cancers and seafoam and silver are supposed to be "our" colors) but I want a woodsy, "hobbitsy" theme at the wedding. So I just changed to Sage and Lavender.

I come from a huge hunting family (I hail from the great North Woods and have been hunting with my dad since the age of 12) so I had originally wanted blaze orange for my color :) my mother was thoroughly horrified. If we were getting married in fall I would have wanted orange and dark red but spring I think a pale sage and lavender will be very pretty.
  • Our colors are silver/gray and yellow with black accents.
  • We're doing yellow and navy (or yellow and royal).  Yellow and blue are the colors of the college where we met and yellow is my favorite color so it was a no-brainer!
  • We chose Navy bridesmaids dresses with coral, peach, and yellow flowers :)
  • fmp29fmp29 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    We will be doing navy, apple green, and silver accents. I am a little worried about matching the green with so many variations, sage, spring green, etc. but I have seen inspiration photos with slightly differing shades and it looks better than I imagined.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• pebbapebba member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    I think I want to go with lavender and light green.  We are getting married in a Tuscan Courtyard type setting and I think it will go well with the light colored stone.  I am thinking about having the girls wear lavender/iris dresses, but then the men would wear a light green tie to contrast?  Not sure about suit colors.  

Congrats to all of you!
  •  

Met my BFF | 12.2006   
    Dating my BFF | 10.25.08
    Engaged  to  him | 1.1.14
    Marrying my BFF | 5.3.15
    & Happily spending the
    rest of my days being MRS.RAJAB

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• We're going with eggplant, champagne, and gold for our colors!  I know they don't seem like "spring" colors but I love them all together! 
  • Right now I'm leaning towards navy (tablecloths, bridesmaids dresses) with blush, ivory, and coral (flowers, other decor). Won't be buying any decor for several months at least, since our tastes could change!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Lilac purple and Ivory.  We are doing a country theme, using mason jars, lilacs and queen anne's lace for flowers.
  • We don't really have a "color" scheme.. I guess I like too many of them. I think the main colors will be coral, lilac and blue though. Something like the colors below. Lilacs for my grandma (died when I was 10) Blue because it's his favorite color and Coral because it's one of mine. 

Bouquet will be something like this:

• spring green and cream, with orange accents
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards