June 2014 Weddings

Bachelorette/Shower Parties

wabanziwabanzi member
First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper
edited April 2014 in June 2014 Weddings
I'm so excited! My bachelorette party is in just 8 days in Las Vegas.  It is mod themed --1960s style.  I have my go go boots all ready to wear on the town :-)

There will be 7 ladies. My FI will be there as well with his men doing their own thing. I know it sounds extravagant, but 6 of us (and many of the men) needed to be in Vegas at this time anyway for a conference.  My MoH thought it would be perfect for the party, with very little personal expense for traveling.  We were able to cash in award points for rooms for everyone too.

I don't know all the details as I've been kept in the dark about some of the plans.  But I do know no strippers (for me and FI)--just fun!

I've been busy all week putting together little thank you bags for the women jus tho let them know how much I appreciate the party. Not necessary, but I love doing things like that.

When and what type of parties are you ladies all having?  I doubt if I'll have a shower with my family scattered all over North America but the bachelorette party is just fine.
20130121-125529.jpg 
  Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Bachelorette/Shower Parties

• Congratulations! That sounds like so much fun. And I love that you're putting together little thank you bags for them (I love doing stuff like that too). My mother and MOH are co-hosting a bridal shower for me on the 26th, and then my aunt wanted to host a bridal shower for me on the 27th (I know back-to-back days sounds terrible, but it was the only days that worked for everyone), and then we're not doing my bachelorette party until the beginning of June. I've also been kept in the dark about that whole event. My MOH and another bridesmaid are planning it together, so I'm sure it will be absolutely fantastic.
  • In my circle most of this stuff like shower and bachelorette parties are surprises. I was asked for a shower list back in Novemeber from my sister/MOH  I gave that to her and haven't heard anything back.  Last week my sister asked about a bachelorette party, and the only weekend I'm free from now until the wedding is May 24th.  So we'll see what happens.  I certainly won't plan of these things on my own.  Have fun in Vegas @wabanzi

Anniversary

• Congratulations! That sounds like so much fun. And I love that you're putting together little thank you bags for them (I love doing stuff like that too). My mother and MOH are co-hosting a bridal shower for me on the 26th, and then my aunt wanted to host a bridal shower for me on the 27th (I know back-to-back days sounds terrible, but it was the only days that worked for everyone), and then we're not doing my bachelorette party until the beginning of June. I've also been kept in the dark about that whole event. My MOH and another bridesmaid are planning it together, so I'm sure it will be absolutely fantastic.
    I love showers--hosting them anyways.  I am hosting a baby shower for my niece at the end of the month.  I'm such a geek, I actually like the games too (if they don't completely take over).  You'll have such a great time!
    In my circle most of this stuff like shower and bachelorette parties are surprises. I was asked for a shower list back in Novemeber from my sister/MOH  I gave that to her and haven't heard anything back.  Last week my sister asked about a bachelorette party, and the only weekend I'm free from now until the wedding is May 24th.  So we'll see what happens.  I certainly won't plan of these things on my own.  Have fun in Vegas @wabanzi
    That sounds wonderful--a surprise!  

For me, it just is a little odd to be on receiving end.  I am the party thrower, so this will be a new role for me.  But I am jumping out of my seat in anticipation.  I love Vegas anyway, and since I don't drink, there is much more entertainment there for a party like this :-)
    20130121-125529.jpg 
      Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @wabanzi I got a gift in the mail today from one of FI's aunt's saying sorry I can't make it to your shower.  So I guess something is coming soon. I'm excited about it.   Vegas will be awesome are you going to see any shows?

Anniversary

• That sounds super fun! How lucky that you all needed to be in Vegas anyway.

FI's coworker's wife is very  kindly putting on a dual shower for myself and another coworker's fiance since we're getting married a month apart and that's coming up soon!

One of my BMs wants to throw something for me but all of my family and BMs are out of state, and FI's birthday is two days before the wedding so any other festivities will have to be the day before. I'm just fine wtih something simple, maybe a girl's day out and some shopping and then we'll all share a hotel room the night before. Said BM was really insistent on knowing my lingerie size though so she's up to something : /

Honestly, the thought of having a party that's just for giving me MORE gifts is a little daunting! I'm glad the one shower will be a dual one to take the focus off of me a bit. It's kind of a strange tradition I think.
  • @wabanzi I'm the same way! I'm usually the hostess for parties and get-togethers, so it's very strange to be on the other end for a change. I'm excited though, and it sounds like you're going to have such a great time in Vegas!
  • wabanziwabanzi member
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited April 2014
    FiancB--that gif is hilarious!  I'm with you, I don't really want a party with gifts.  But I do like the parties.  Also, both my BMs are out of state and my birthday is one week before the wedding, so I don't think a shower is going to work.  

@Peaseblossom55: All I know is we are booked for a dinner and then we are going to  a comedy show.  I don't which one/where.  I know more about the men's plans, so the ladies have done a good job (mostly) with secrets.
    20130121-125529.jpg 
      Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • How exciting @wabanzi!  Vegas sounds amaaazing!  I bet you're going to have an awesome time!  I have my bridal shower this weekend that my mom and her long time best friend are throwing me and I am so pumped!  Then the bachelorette cruise my bridesmaids surprised me with is at the end of the month yay!  

8 short days!  You'll have to report back to tell us all about it!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker}
  • That sounds awesome!!! I wish I could rock some go go boots! I'm having my first shower on the 19th with all of my family side, dog friends, and my friends. I can't wait. It's going to be at an italian restaurant :)

I'm having another shower May 10th in my FI's hometown with all of his family members, 2-3 of my friends, my mom and SILs at a hotel, should be fun as well :)

I don't know if I'll have a bachelorette party, so we'll see. The guys are having a bachelor party just partying it up in Erie and staying at FI's family's cottage on the lake.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • mcgarci2 said:
    How exciting @wabanzi!  Vegas sounds amaaazing!  I bet you're going to have an awesome time!  I have my bridal shower this weekend that my mom and her long time best friend are throwing me and I am so pumped!  Then the bachelorette cruise my bridesmaids surprised me with is at the end of the month yay!  

8 short days!  You'll have to report back to tell us all about it!
    Have a great time this weekend.  The cruise sounds fantastic!
    20130121-125529.jpg 
      Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Im actually in the process of planning our Coed Wedding Shower... Since im not having a big wedding we are planning it ourselves but im sure my closest friends will be helping out with the bachelorette party.. 

Lilypie - H1jI

Daisypath - MFL5

• I actually had 3 showers thrown for me last month...one by one of my bridesmaids who is also a co-worker for local friends and coworkers, one by my FMIL for her side of the family and friends/neighbors, and one by my mom and sister for my side of the family and family friends I grew up with. All 3 were in different states, and too far away for people to travel to, so that worked for us. 

One of my bridesmaids asked me about what I would want for a bachelorette party. As we're all over the country and won't all be in one place before the wedding, I think we'll probably do something low-key the night before (after the rehearsal dinner). A glass of wine, some snacks, and some time hanging out with my girlfriends chatting and playing a board game is about as much party as I can handle...
  • So I'm throwing a general question, out there. Did you/are  registry stalking? I'm having the hardest time not registry stalking.  I need help!!!!

Anniversary

• So I'm throwing a general question, out there. Did you/are  registry stalking? I'm having the hardest time not registry stalking.  I need help!!!!
    Yep. I look every day.  We don't have much on there--we just don't need/want all that much.  I wanted to register for new windows and a few power tools, but FI didn't know how well that would go over (ha ha).  
    20130121-125529.jpg 
      Wedding Countdown Ticker
    I check it at least once a day. FI also checks quite frequently, lol. We are very excited that people have bought some items we registered for. I am having a shower at the end of the month, so I'm curious about whether or not we will need to add more items before the wedding. Only 59 days left until the wedding!
  • ahyatt87 said:
    So I'm throwing a general question, out there. Did you/are  registry stalking? I'm having the hardest time not registry stalking.  I need help!!!!
    I check it at least once a day. FI also checks quite frequently, lol. We are very excited that people have bought some items we registered for. I am having a shower at the end of the month, so I'm curious about whether or not we will need to add more items before the wedding. Only 59 days left until the wedding!
    I really want to be surprised though!

Anniversary

• edited April 2014
    So I'm throwing a general question, out there. Did you/are  registry stalking? I'm having the hardest time not registry stalking.  I need help!!!!
    Yep, I check it all the time!
  • Leaving tomorrow for Vegas!  Woot! Woot!  I didn't know it was possible to be this excited as an adult :-)
    20130121-125529.jpg 
      Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Have fun!

I did not look at ours. I really wanted to be surprised. In fact, someone on fiance's side made a comment to FMIL about there not being a lot left on there in a middle price range. I made my mom look it up and make sure we still had some things available on there in all price ranges. :)
  • ahyatt87 said:
    I really want to be surprised though!
    Lol, where did you register? We registered at BB&B, so when we first log in, we just see how much has been purchased off the registry without actually seeing what has been purchased (that is on a different screen). Maybe that would be a good compromise?
  • FI's cousin is throwing me a bridal shower on Monday with all of his (female) side of the family. I wasn't really very pleased about it at first, to be perfectly honest, because I'm British and in Britain they are seen as extremely tacky, but then I found out Bridal Showers actually started in the Netherlands (FI and his family are Dutch) and they are nothing like the American ones, so that will certainly be interesting, if nothing else. 

I also know that my sister has organised a Hen Party with around 20 people I think, but I literally know nothing about it other than that we are flying somewhere, and that we don't come back until the Monday (we are leaving on the Friday).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards