Ohio-Cleveland

Anyone knows of a great DJ with a great price?

Hi!! I am getting married at Brookside Farms and I am wondering if anyone knows or recommends a DJ? Thank you :)

Re: Anyone knows of a great DJ with a great price?

• iI am going to try out the new ”ipod dj” thing. its like $60 to rent stuff. my daughters friends play instruments and they are going to play for a little at the beginning before the ceremony  at 6. so hoping that works out like iI plan. iI know this doesnt answer your question.
  • We used Jesse Webb and were very pleased. Our November wedding got us on off-season price, but I think even without that he is very reasonably priced. I want to say like $850 for six hours, but not positive on that. My husband and I did create a must play/do not play list and they stuck to it. Our MC Frankie was really fun and engaging without being cheesy and annoying. I talked to Jesse a few days before the wedding and he reviewed our choices, made a few suggestions that ended up working out really well. I would definitely give him a call!

• mlg78mlg78 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    We used Magical Sound Entertainment. I first booked him for a fundraiser I put on annually...but then he ended up donating his services for free! My husband's cousin booked him as well as a colleague of mine. We all had great experience with Tim. He was the best deal I found and he has great reviews online... I think we paid $575 for six hours...$525/4 hours and $75 every hour after. Tell him Megan sent ya! :)
  • I'm using Magical Sound Entertainment as well :). Tim is great!
  • I am also using DJ Tim of Magical Sound Entertainment.  Very excited to work with him!
  • Yet another vote for DJ Tim from Magical Sound Entertainment! :) He is very professional and down-to-earth: he explained to me that he "reads the crowd" during the reception and tweaks his playlist based on songs the guests seem to like. And if you blacklist a song or type of song (such as line dances), he will honor that request even if guests start asking for it. To me, that was huge: I've heard of brides who got upset with their DJ because they played a song she specifically told them not to play, and I've been to weddings where the style of music played didn't mesh with the crowd, so people were not having a good time. Best of luck! :)
    Anniversary
  • mlg78mlg78 member
    Yet another vote for DJ Tim from Magical Sound Entertainment! :) He is very professional and down-to-earth: he explained to me that he "reads the crowd" during the reception and tweaks his playlist based on songs the guests seem to like. And if you blacklist a song or type of song (such as line dances), he will honor that request even if guests start asking for it. To me, that was huge: I've heard of brides who got upset with their DJ because they played a song she specifically told them not to play, and I've been to weddings where the style of music played didn't mesh with the crowd, so people were not having a good time. Best of luck! :)
    It's funny you mention that... I HATE line dances...but I also recognize that it's frequently what gets the crowd going. He did play a line dance and that may have been the time at our reception that the most people were on the dance floor. He definitely reads the crowd well.
  • Yet another vote for DJ Tim from Magical Sound Entertainment! :) He is very professional and down-to-earth: he explained to me that he "reads the crowd" during the reception and tweaks his playlist based on songs the guests seem to like. And if you blacklist a song or type of song (such as line dances), he will honor that request even if guests start asking for it. To me, that was huge: I've heard of brides who got upset with their DJ because they played a song she specifically told them not to play, and I've been to weddings where the style of music played didn't mesh with the crowd, so people were not having a good time. Best of luck! :)
    This was a big reason I went with him as well!!
  • What is the price range for  DJ Tim from Magical Sound Entertainment?
  • mlg78mlg78 member
    Don't quote me on this but when we booked about a year or so ago he was $525 for the first 4 hours and $75/hour after that so for my six hour reception, $675...I think. :)
  • mlg78 you are correct. thats the price. problem is they book up fast. they didnt have mydate open :-( thats why iI decided on the ipod dj.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards