New York-Hudson Valley

Budget of $5000 possible in Hudson Valley?

Hey folks! Anyone have a small budget like mine? We're only looking to accommodate up to 50 people. We'd like an outdoor ceremony/reception, under a tent if possible. Nothing extravagant, intimate and DIY. Any suggestions? We'd like to stay within a 25 mile radius of Montgomery. Thanks!

Re: Budget of $5000 possible in Hudson Valley?

• Hey folks! Anyone have a small budget like mine? We're only looking to accommodate up to 50 people. We'd like an outdoor ceremony/reception, under a tent if possible. Nothing extravagant, intimate and DIY. Any suggestions? We'd like to stay within a 25 mile radius of Montgomery. Thanks!
    I forget how far it is, but what about Orange County park? I *think* they rent out spots for weddings. I haven't been there in forever though, so I don't remember how far it is from Montgomery (I'm from Newburgh).
  • I was thinking about that too! I grabbed the rental pricing from them, just need to look it over. Its a beautiful location, just need to find a decently priced place to rent a tent from. 

Thanks for the input, much appreciated. (: 
  • Hi! I'm also from the montgomery area. There are pavilions at a few town parks in the area. (Town of Wallkill in Circleville and Town of Crawford Park in Pine Bush and Chadwick Lake in Town of Newburgh) I don't know how to go about renting one or if its free. Contact the town parks department and they can guide you in the right direction. 

If you are looking for DIY things Oriental Trading is relatively cheap as well. Go to their website and ask to have a catalog sent to your house. Download the AC Moore App and the Michaels App for your phone, they are constantly sending coupons. 

Davids Bridal has very pretty gowns and are often running sales so keep your eyes open. I would stay away from Mens Warehouse if you are looking to rent tuxes. They have a poor track record. Look into Sossi Formals (Newburgh Mall or Middletown Mall) They are reasonably priced and if you have 5 groomsmen the grooms tux is free. 

The Hudson Valley can be very expensive but if you are a good shopper it is doable. 

If you have any other questions or anything please don't hesitate to ask…I like to help. :) 

• I'm trying for this too...the biggest cost i'm encountering is catering for ~100 people. any suggestions?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards