Favors

Which Non-Edible Favor Do You Like Best?

Chapstick, bamboo coasters, or a set of 4 seashell tea light candles? None of them would be personalized. Thinking of doing one of these in addition to, or in place of, something edible. My wedding will likely be a classy coastal theme and indoors...if that helps.

Thanks!

Re: Which Non-Edible Favor Do You Like Best?

• why nothing edible?

if i HAD to chose (and i wouldn't really want any of that) i would chose the chapstick.  only if it was a name brand.  seems like an odd thing to have on a table...
  • Ok... :-( Thanks for the input. I would love any of those things personally. They all seem practical and actually useful, as opposed to some of the other non-edible favors I've heard about/seen.
  • We would probably use the coasters.  Our toddler likes to steal them and hide them somewhere so we always need coasters.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I would do the candles or coasters. What people use on their lips is a really personal thing. I wouldn't really use any of those things, but I doubt that you will find something that every single person will like and use.
  • I guess the coasters, but those would probably end up going to goodwill.

Anniversary
  • Also probably coasters, but also probably end up lost in the storage closet and donated when eventually rediscovered.

I'd seriously consider going edible. No one really cares about favors, but they always enjoy them if it's something yummy. 
  • Thanks for the input everyone! Guess I will go with edible favors! And maybe I just need to buy MYSELF some of those tealights and bamboo coasters. ;-)
  • I'd rather have an edible item, then nothing, then the coasters. Not bc I would appreciate the thought and the gift of a favor, just bc I know I wouldn't really use it and I hate tossing them. :)
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• I have received coasters from a wedding last summer. Couldn't tell you where they are now though. If you do end up having something edible then I think that's enough, I wouldn't want any of these things in addition. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • For us, coasters would have the biggest chance of not being left behind, but it would still be 50/50.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thanks for the input everyone! Guess I will go with edible favors! And maybe I just need to buy MYSELF some of those tealights and bamboo coasters. ;-)
    Yay!  That sounds like a good plan.  I love edible favors.  Anything else is pretty much guaranteed to get left behind or taken just so I don't make the bride and groom feel bad but immediately tossed when I got home.
  • I get the non-edible favors you chose. The chapstick due to beach weather, the bamboo coasters set a beach theme, and the seashell candles are very coastal chic. 

I'd like the candles myself but maybe something edible may be more desired by your guests. 
  • Their nice items, but in my house the chapstick would be thrown away because we a brand specific to the ones we like. The coasters would be donated to Goodwill because we already have enough coasters. The tealights, might use them, but likely another Goodwill item. They are nice ideas and it may be a matter of knowing your guests and if these are items you think they would enjoy and use. For my guests, most of them would have done what I said I would do.
  • You should prioritize things your guests will appreciate higher than you prioritize your theme. I might take coasters for the basement, or candles to regift to someone I don't know very well, or chapstick for emergencies (keep it in the car or something) but I wouldn't actually WANT any of them. I'm pretty picky with what goes into my house. Chances are pretty slim that your guests' homes decor will match your theme. That's why it's so much easier to do food - nobody (except you) cares if a chocolate is shaped like a seashell, they just appreciate that it's chocolate.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards