Flowers
Options

What am I missing?

Hello ladies 

I am new to wedding planning and the details are overwhelming!!  I have my first two meetings with florists next week and am worried I am going to forget something. 
I need 15-17 tables arrangements 
Bridal Bouquet 
5 Bridesmaids + 2 junior bridesmaids (do they get the same or smaller?) 
Groom 
4 groomsmen + 1 junior groomsman (is that a thing? he will be 6 y/o) 
my son will be about 2 years old and he's the ring bearer.. so I guess he needs a boutonniere 

ps- I think I'm not doing a bouquet toss 

then what is standard practice with mother and future MIL? FIL? And readers during ceremony? Do they all get corsages? 
HELPPPPPPPPPP

Re: What am I missing?

• Options
    Since junior bridesmaids are just bridesmaids, they should get the same sized bouquet unless they are significantly smaller people due to significantly younger ages. In my mind, no, junior groomsman is not a thing just like junior bridesmaid is not a thing. I mean, it's a thing, but it's a silly thing. 

I would give readers corsages, yes. Not everyone does, but I feel like anyone doing anything in the wedding and all important people get bouts and corsages. Will your father be included? If so, he should have a bout. I would give your FFIL a bout and your mother and FMIL corsages. I would do the same for any grandparents. 

What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    AddieL73 said:
    Since junior bridesmaids are just bridesmaids, they should get the same sized bouquet unless they are significantly smaller people due to significantly younger ages. In my mind, no, junior groomsman is not a thing just like junior bridesmaid is not a thing. I mean, it's a thing, but it's a silly thing. 

I would give readers corsages, yes. Not everyone does, but I feel like anyone doing anything in the wedding and all important people get bouts and corsages. Will your father be included? If so, he should have a bout. I would give your FFIL a bout and your mother and FMIL corsages. I would do the same for any grandparents. 

Can't post right...
    This is my list, maybe it can help you.
    Bride bouquet, bouquet for Mary (Catholic ceremony), maybe toss bouquet
    BM bouquets
    Mom and MIL bouts or corsages (haven't decided)
    Flower girl flowers (can't toss petals so will hand out daisies)
    Groom bout
    GM bouts
    Father bouts
    Pew decor
    2 altar arrangements
    Centerpieces for reception
    Sweetheart table decor
    Cake flowers
    Misc flowers for guestbook, gift table, etc.
  • Options
    Typically anyone who processes down the aisle or has a role in the ceremony gets some sort of flower.  If you prefer, men can have pocketsquares instead of boutinierres.  We did nosegays (petite bouquets) for the moms because corsages make me think of prom and funerals.  You may also consider flowers for decorations in the ceremony or reception space in addition to centerpieces.  We had small flowers for our cocktail tables, the mantle of the fireplace, two arrangements for the arbor where the ceremony was held, and some flowers on the chairs along the aisle.
  • Options
    I love the idea of handing out flowers instead of tossing petals! Adorbs!!! 
  • Options
    jaragon007 has a pretty complete list. However I wanted to mention that BM bouquets can also double as floral arrangements on the cake table, gusetsbook table, etc. Might help you stretch your budget. 

Dont stress, if you are using a reputable florist they should be able to walk you through the day to point out what traditionally is needed.
  • Options
    Thats a great idea!  Using bridesmaids bouquets for some extra decoration is fantastic. I am doing simple call lillys, I can probably drape them nicely on the guestbook table, cake and bar.  
  • Options
    Thats a great idea!  Using bridesmaids bouquets for some extra decoration is fantastic. I am doing simple call lillys, I can probably drape them nicely on the guestbook table, cake and bar.  
    Before you put flowers directly on a cake, be sure that the grower doesn't use pesticides or anything that would be harmful to ingest.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards