April 2014 Weddings

Do all of you have your wedding dresses?

2»

Re: Do all of you have your wedding dresses?

• @akastner8 So happy for you! Thanks for updating us!

@MaryGraceRich, my dress was the same way! I have my THIRD fitting on Tuesday. They aren't convinced it will perfect then but I'll still have a little over two weeks until the wedding.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I had three fittings and then it was perfect. The first they did the initial hem and the cups. The second fitting they adjusted the hem and added the bustle. The third fitting it was perfect. I put on all of my accessories and made sure it looked good and took it home.
    This was my first fitting. She had already pinned the hem when this was taken.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit The Knot!
  • amm88amm88 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Comment
    You're dress is soo pretty, MaryGraceRich! I didn't want a bustle and I'm pretty tall so there were no changes needed to the hem. I bought a corset that works perfectly with my dress so no cups needed either. I can see though why you needed the alterations and I'm glad they turned out really well.

Anniversary

• amm88amm88 member
    Thanks cms519! I'm in "dress heaven" right now, I just love it! I hope your fitting goes well on Tuesday, do let us know how it goes.

Anniversary

• Thanks!!!! The dress is a corset back but I wanted the cups put in to give me a little extra boobs. Lol
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit The Knot!
  • Had my third fitting last night. Things were a little hectic even getting there. (Long story) 

The fitting didn't go that great. The hem was too short in the front. The lining layer of the dress was fine which is great, but they reapplied the scalloped lace of the hem unevenly and it was too short in the front. They can take it off and reapply it lower. I was just concerned because it was unevenly short around the front of the dress. 

One of the armholes is too small on the back of the dress. They've basically had to rebuild the top of the dress and they've been tweaking the armhole fit at every fitting. My biggest issue is that the satin collar that goes around the back of the dress was gapping on one side. They pinned it and it looked good when I left but it made me super nervous that there is still so much work to do with only two weeks to go. 

To add to it, I have PMS and somehow haven't noticed in the 23 years since I started getting my period that my bust size increases dramatically before my period. My bust measurement was a full inch larger yesterday than it was at the previous two fittings which were done in the middle of my cycle. Clearly that should change back but it wasn't helping things yesterday when the seamstress couldn't figure out how only one measurement had changed significantly. 

FOURTH fitting is next Wednesday and then I can pick the dress up the Wednesday or Thursday before the wedding. 

One good thing is that when I was scheduling my next fitting, a bridal consultant I hadn't met before said that she had seen my dress on the mannequin when they were working on it and that she just loved it. She asked if the waist details were custom work. They don't carry this dress in the shop so they are all fascinated by it. At least it's pretty!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • amm88amm88 member
    Your dress is gorgeous! I know is nerve wrecking to have to have a fourth fitting and so close to the wedding, but hopefully it'll all work out. Do you get the feeling that they know what they're doing?

Anniversary

• My final fitting is tonight! The last fitting I had everything was great for the most part, the only thing I needed adjusted was the halter since it was too loose. I'm looking forward to seeing the final product, and how the bustle looks tonight!! I can't believe the big day is getting so close!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • amm88amm88 member
    I know, it is getting very close! Very exciting! How did your fitting go, karlipregler? Did you bring your dress home with you?

Anniversary

• Yup, brought the dress home! :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I am so envious of all of you brides whose dresses are finished!

I'm just trusting that they are going to get everything on my dress RIGHT and that is more important than having it early. I do wish it was both right and early though, like many of yours!

I can not believe that we are down to less than two weeks until our weddings, ladies!!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards