Snarky Brides
Options

Behind my back

meowcat84meowcat84 member
5 Love Its First Comment First Anniversary
edited April 2014 in Snarky Brides
Should I feel alittle irked that my FI SIL asked him to bring her young children when I said I didn't want youngs kids to her? My FI wants his 3 yr niece to be there because of family but I told him if I invite all little kids then they all get to come. That it's rude to invite some but not all. I get it it's family I just don't want kids running around everywhere. Especially when there are other events going on besides my wedding.

Re: Behind my back

• Options
    meowcat84 said:

Should I feel alittle irked that my FI SIL asked him to bring her young children when I said I didn't want youngs kids to her last week? My FI wants his 3 yr niece to be there because of family but I told him if I invite all little kids then they all get to come. That it's rude to invite some but not all. I get it it's family I just don't want kids running around everywhere. Especially when there are other events going on besides my wedding.

I think you and your FI need to get on the same page about this issue ASAP. He wants his niece there. You don't have to invite all little kids, you could limit it to nieces/nephews.

Whatever you choose, it needs to be a joint decision, not just what you want.

FWIW, we had 4 kids, 3 nieces and 1 cousin. All are aged 4 and under. Nieces were invited and were in the WP, cousin was a special request because they couldn't find a babysitter. It was ok.
  • Options
    Thanks. You know what I'm totally over it now.
  • Options
    That was fast. :)

I was also going to chime in that immediate family, like nieces and nephews, are usually given a "pass". We invited our nieces to our wedding but did not invite other children. Our nieces were 2, 4, and 10 when we got married.
  • Options
    Yeah I'm going to do that and just have nieces and nephews only.
  • Options
    I also do that thing where you get annoyed or mad at something and talk about it, and then 3 seconds later you don't even care anymore. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    FI and I had the same discussion- I do't have any nieces or nephews but rather his cousins are still children whereas all of mine are much older. We decided only family kids would be invited and haven't had any issues yet!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards