August 2015 Weddings

Planning updates!

loro929loro929 member
First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
edited March 2014 in August 2015 Weddings
Hi ladies! I know that we still have quite some time but I thought this could be a nice place to share the progress that we are making on planning.

For instance, Fi and I have already booked our venue and we have booked our band for the ceremony, cocktail hour and reception. We also bought a really cute design on Etsy for our STDs that we will use when are reading to print them
I hope in the next month of so we are able to book our photographer, florist and videographer.  I have already tried on some dresses (I couldn't help myself) but I don't plan on buying it until this summer.

How are you ladies going?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Planning updates!

• Great progress @loro929! I am no where near. I am still venue searching. Hoping to get to RI by the end of this month to look at the other half of venues and then hopefully be booked by April! Have a couple of leads on the DJ, but overall still gathering ideas. 
    hallunscripted.blogspot.com
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I want to try on dresses sooo bad! I am making myself wait until June.
  • We originally had a 8/16/14 wedding date but we postponed it for the time being. Right now, I am trying to get our deposit back from our venue so we can use it somewhere else.

I am a little ahead, lol. I already have my wedding dress, some of my bridesmaids/MOH have their dresses and I got a few things here or there. 
  • We were originally planning a 2/14/15 wedding, but were concerned that we would get snowed out, and August fits our lives better.  We have a venue that we are hoping will switch our date, we only reserved it, haven't signed anything yet.  Other than that not much done, trying to switch my brain off from all of the other planning details from the pervious date since they don't really fit the new one!
  • Hey Everyone. We just closed on our first house last week! We are planning to get married at a small chapel down the road from us and then have a clam bake type reception in our back yard. We are really excited. I'm all about finding a wedding coordinator for all of the pieces that will need to come together perfectly. And then, of course, will need to put together the rest of the 9 million pieces. :)
  • We have our wedding party picked out and i think everyone has been officially asked. Still questionable on one of the groomsmen. We have our baker, our photographer,and our church. Having the worst luck with venues, dates available but getting tours have been the worst. No one will call back! My dress search startes April 26th. We tentatively have our DJ as well, we just have to find the venue before I start making up the contract with him. My aunt and my Mom are doing a lot of the decorating stuff since my aunt is a seamstress. I hate not doing everything now. I plan ahead like crazy. Now we are possibly buying the house we rent so everything is crazy!
  • Booked church, reception hall, photographer, videographer, and florist! 

Next up (for the summer) is DJ, Limo, and Dress shopping!!
  • MrsDean22MrsDean22 member
    First Comment
    edited March 2014
    You have soooo much done already, lucky girl!!!! I just got engaged and just started the planning process, wedding will be August 22, 2015, our 5 year ann.! I am on the hunt for a venue, it is hard since we live in a small town, BUT I do have my colors picked out and who I want in my wedding party I think, haha~ Can't wait to follow everyones progress!!!!
  • Hi ladies! Hooray for August 2015 brides! :) I'll be getting married on August 8, 2015, and here's what (my fiance and) I have done so far:
    1. Booked wedding planner
    2. Booked ceremony venue
    3. Selected most of wedding party (We just need to decide who will be doing readings at our ceremony, as well as ushers)
    4. Started on wedding website
    5. Started adding items to registries
    Also, here are a couple of things I'll be doing within the next couple of weeks or so:
    1. Purchasing my wedding dress (I tried to hold out as long as I could, but I couldn't help myself!)
    2. Begin negotiations with reception venue
    So excited to read everyone's progress!
  • Hey ladies!
    Our wedding is 8/1/15.. We booked te venue, DJ, and photographer, and I even tried on a few dresses to get an idea of what I want. Right now we are researching videographers, uplighting and linens.
    We are taking our Save the Date pictures the end of June and they will go out first week in August. I plan on meeting with 3 different florist (to get quotes and hopefully book one) in June as well.

Happy planning!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I feel so behind!!

I have asked a few venues about info but I am not going to be in Indiana until July to do most of my work.
    But I will be there for two weeks so I can get the venue locked down, and start looking at dresses.

I think I found a Photographer I liked but havent confirmed anything.
    August 9, 2015
  • Quick update since last post. Church booked,reception venue deposit being mailed out next week(thanks Mommy and Daddy), Dj/band possibly found just have to work out pricing, hairstylist 2 options now,dress bought and home as of tomorrow. Now everything is on hold till June. We move hopefully around then and my little brother graduates high school then too. So once his moment of glory is done back to planning. 
  • My wedding is 8/8/15, and I feel like I need to get everything booked ASAP, yet most of the planners say there is plenty of time.  Does anyone else constantly worry that vendors won't be available if you wait until the suggested booking time??  We are getting married in my future FIL's yard, so we need to rent tents and tables and all those goodies.  I won't start dress shopping until August 1st, but I have booked my photographer! I think the hardest thing for me is holding off on asking my Bridal Party - namely my MOH.  I want to make her "official" so bad, but I know she knows already :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I got my dress! My wedding isn't until 8/8/15, but I went to a sample sale with my mom and sister and found the PERFECT dress and the price was 1/4 of my budget! I had tried on dresses at other bridal salons and this blew everything away. I highly encourage you to look for sample sales in your area, my dress was in perfect condition, they had only had it two weeks and the designer discountinued the dress. You never know what you will find!

• My wedding is 8/8/15, and I feel like I need to get everything booked ASAP, yet most of the planners say there is plenty of time.  Does anyone else constantly worry that vendors won't be available if you wait until the suggested booking time??  We are getting married in my future FIL's yard, so we need to rent tents and tables and all those goodies.  I won't start dress shopping until August 1st, but I have booked my photographer! I think the hardest thing for me is holding off on asking my Bridal Party - namely my MOH.  I want to make her "official" so bad, but I know she knows already :)

Date twins :)

Some people tell me I have plenty of time and look at me like I'm crazy, others say do as much now as possible. For example, a DJ that was one of my top choices was already booked for my date. I'm pacing myself by accomplishing one thing each month or so. March we secured a venue, April was DJ, May was my dress... I will probably look for my photographer next month. I think spreading it out makes it much more fun and less stressful!

• More date twins yay!

I am working on getting everything out of the way now so I can just relax the months leading up.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • More date twins yay!

I am working on getting everything out of the way now so I can just relax the months leading up.
    I'm not sure I know what you mean by "relax" haha.  But I want to get as much solidified as early as possible so I can obsess over the details like a crazy person. Should I alternate napkin colors? I think I need Ecru not Eggshell. There's a fly in my soup.  Part of me loves all the choices I have to make, and the other part wishes someone would just go "Hey, this is what we have for your wedding, no other options" and it would be done.  I do the same thing for birthday parties and holiday celebrations. Deets. I love the deets!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • More date twins yay!

I'm not sure I know what you mean by "relax" haha.  But I want to get as much solidified as early as possible so I can obsess over the details like a crazy person. Should I alternate napkin colors? I think I need Ecru not Eggshell. There's a fly in my soup.  Part of me loves all the choices I have to make, and the other part wishes someone would just go "Hey, this is what we have for your wedding, no other options" and it would be done.  I do the same thing for birthday parties and holiday celebrations. Deets. I love the deets!
    I have already obsessed over details we have been engaged since July and I got down to the nitty gritty almost immediately. Yet I keep adding details weekly so we will see.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Hi Ladies,

It looks like we're all making progress.

August 15, 2015 bride here! We booked the following:
    • My wedding coordinator
    • My ceremony/reception venue
    • Rehearsal dinner venue
    • Officiant

We have identified the following:

• Caterer (waiting on a contract)
    • Photographer (just waiting on my fiance to give me the green light)
    • Bakery (bakery wants to wait until the end of the year)
    • DJ

While I've done a fair amount considering my venue is 3,000 miles away, but I still feel a little behind.

• GB520GB520 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    I've gotten the following done;

Dress
    Venue
    Church
    Photographer/Videographer
    Bakery (comes with venue)
    Florist for centerpieces (comes with venue)
    Favors :)

Working on Florist for wedding party & extras, Limo, & DJ right now. :)
  • We got engaged August 22 and just booked the reception venue for August 15, 2015! I was starting to feel a little behind while reading everyone's posts, but we also have the officiant, photographer, probable ceremony location, and music down, and in a relatively short time.

A married couple we are friends with told us they recommend being engaged "no more than a year" because, they say, it's so stressful. I'm starting to think I could have done with a little more time! Glad there are other brides here who love to plan further ahead.
  • So, engaged for about one month now--we're getting married Aug 29, 2015. So far we have:
    • Reserved the church and sent in our baptism/confirmation records 
    • Booked the reception venue (only 2 dates ALL SUMMER lined up between the church and reception venue, so this was not easy).
    • Decided on wedding party, and are now dealing with some upset siblings (they'll be ushers, dress the same as the wedding party and sit at the head table, but I'm not forcing my FI to include my 2 brothers as his groomsmen when he's never met them). 
    • Dealing with family drama on the guest list, but since my budget is already set, they can cover the result of their drama.
    Next steps:
    • Trying to now schedule time to try on dresses, hoping to buy Januaryish?
    • Finalizing guest list
    • Figuring out save the date cards. My FI and I typically have a friend take photos and we use those as x-mas cards. We figured we could do the same thing this year, but get some photos done for save the dates at the same time.
  • All I have to really focus on is the dress - which is the most challenging for me! I did find one I do like (3rd one I tried on) but I have an appt with another place to see what she can do/offer. However I keep thinking about that 3rd dress. It will require some alterations but I'm going back to try that 3rd dress on again and see if I feel the same later today.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards