Favors
Options

ANSWERED: Gender Specific Favors?

perdonamiperdonami member
First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
edited April 2014 in Favors
What do you guys think about offering two different sets of favors: one for the ladies and one for the gentlemen? Tacky?

EDIT:
Thanks for all the input, decided on a non gender specific edible favor.

Re: ANSWERED: Gender Specific Favors?

• Options
    I'd stick with edible.  Then you don't have to worry about gender!
  • Options
    Reminds me of when my brother got a really cool Hot Wheels at McDonalds and I got a dumb Barbie with hair you couldn't even brush. Stick with one (edible) favor for all.
  • Options
    I think that's complicated. What if what you perceive each gender would prefer ISN'T what they choose? Just go with gender neutral favors, preferably edible.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    In 5th grade, they had the boy scouts and girl scouts come talk to us. The boys scouts went on and on about how they get to go go-karting, build birdhouses and shot slingshots. The girl scouts then talked about embroidery*. 5th grade me was like "This is bullshit yo."

Keep it gender-neutral

*embroidery is sweet, by the way, I just don't have the patience for it, and much preferred working with pappy in his wood shop then anything related to fabric in 5th grade. 

Anniversary
  • Options
    Not tacky, but can add a lot of headache making sure you have enough boy gifts and the right amount of girl gifts and making sure the proper gender gets the right gift & the girls don't take from the boys.
  • Options
    AddieCake said:
    I think that's complicated. What if what you perceive each gender would prefer ISN'T what they choose? Just go with gender neutral favors, preferably edible.
    This. FI doesn't drink and I do... yet if you try searching for "guy-centric" gifts, favors, etc. they're always alcohol related. So if he was expected to get a beer opener and I got something "girly," I'd end up with both.

• Options
    Good points ladies.
  • Options

Yep, I agree with everyone else.  I am in the tacky camp though.  I just think it's not only a headache, but forces your guests to pick a boy toy or girl toy, and it's tacky to put people in that position. 

• Options

Yep, I agree with everyone else.  I am in the tacky camp though.  I just think it's not only a headache, but forces your guests to pick a boy toy or girl toy, and it's tacky to put people in that position. 

I agree with this. Plus the guy stuff always seems way cooler. I don't need anymore nail polish. I have enough nail polish to paint my entire house in it. I do need a good screwdriver though. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards