Michigan-Detroit
Options

HELP!! Mother of the Groom broke her Foot Three Weeks Before the Wedding!!!!

Does anyone have any clever ideas on how to keep the mother of the groom involved after she broke her foot three weeks before the the wedding? She is devastated and we don't know what to suggest.... Help???

Re: HELP!! Mother of the Groom broke her Foot Three Weeks Before the Wedding!!!!

• Options
    Does anyone have any clever ideas on how to keep the mother of the groom involved after she broke her foot three weeks before the the wedding? She is devastated and we don't know what to suggest.... Help???

Having had my ankle rebuilt before, I can say with a certainty that just because she has a broken bone does not mean she should be any less "involved" in anything that she needs to do. The biggest thing to allow for is her comfort, meaning she will most likely have to wear flat shoes, need a second chair available to prop her foot if needed, and have food available to her all day so that she doesn't have to take her pain medications on an empty stomach. If she is worried about not dancing or needing help down the aisleway, understand that she can still do things just differently. Have a chair available for picture taking, don't make her stand just so you can have pretty pictures. As far as anything else, maybe check with the caterer and see if there will be ice available if needed. Just help her out and if she was planning on helping decorate or what not understand that its not personal and you might just have to ask someone else for help you. No reason to fret. Hope she feels better soon. 
  • Options
    I would have her and your FI practice dancing if they plan on doing a mother son dance. Just so the first time they attempt it is not on the dance floor. Will she be in a walking cast, or in a wheelchair?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards