Not Engaged Yet
Options

Monday already?

13»

Re: Monday already?

• Options
    O/T, but does anyone in here use a retinol product for their face?
  • Options
    @TwoDimes, no engagement sweats but I did have hand tremors that made it hard for FI to photograph things. I knew that was going to happen - I've had tremors for years. It appears to be genetic as one of my uncles on my mom's side has the same problem (and I appear to get all my health problems from them). They tested him a bunch years ago and found out that his nerves are so sensitive he feels the air currents and reacts to them, so it's just annoying, not bad.
  • Options
    labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    @KeptInStitches My FI has something similar. His doctor called it an essential tremor. His hands shake slightly. Sometimes it's not noticeable and other times it is. When he was younger they were worried it was Parkinson's but is luckily benign and apparently doesn't progressively worsen.

• Options
    @LaPeanut1018, good to hear of someone else who has it! I actually hadn't heard of anyone else who does. Mine is much, much less pronounced than my uncle's, but it screws up photography. Any pictures of my hands are done with the photographer steadying my hand out of shot.
  • Options
    labrolabro member
    @KeptInStitches I had never heard of it before until FI. And we didn't even have a word for it until he finally went in for a physical and spoke with his doc about it. And then recently I heard an NPR story on it. So weird how things come up like this!

• Options
    Friday was our "ladies" night after work- which always ends up being more of a "work" thing lol. Everyone wants to crash our office party lol, what can I say, we are a fun bunch of people. We went to Bar Louie, and then a couple of us went to World Famous Cigar Bar. Good times.

Saturday C went to the range with one of our sales guys and bossman to get their guns sighted in so they can go hunting. I bought new shelving, put it together and reorganized my dresser. Then we went up about an hr away for football. Our team won the west division! This weekend we play in Tampa to see who goes to state. After the game we went out with a coworker for beers and wings.

Sunday was grocery shopping and Masters watching. I am glad Bubba won, but i would've been ok with Jordan winning too.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Grrrr. I never got to go home because apparently my boss is a big butthead and doesn't care that we're all breathing in sewer stink all day long (other than him, of course, because he's working from home). 

On the bright side I have less than two hours until I can go home, then only 3 days left to work this week. FI and I are thinking about going update to his parents' house for the weekend because it may be the last chance we get to until Thanksgiving. We haven't seen then since we got engaged, so I would be really excited to go visit. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    phiraphira member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    O/T, but does anyone in here use a retinol product for their face?
    I used to use Retin-A for acne, and so did my mom. They stopped prescribing it for her because they assumed she wanted to use it for wrinkles (which, honestly, was one of the reasons she wanted to keep using it, but she really did have bad acne at the age of 45). I liked it a lot and only stopped using it because my damn acne can overcome EVERYTHING.
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • Options
    I'm thinking about trying an OTC retinoid.  I've tried the Retin-A and Differin for acne, but it's too strong.  I have read a lot about using retinoids in your late 20's and in your 30's so I'm looking in to it, just to see what it's about.
  • Options
    labrolabro member
    @Hummingbird125 That's terrible. Anyway you can call in sick tomorrow? :( Sucks you are having to deal with that stench all day long.

• Options
    @Phira your pewter shoes are now following me around the internet
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    phiraphira member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    @Phira your pewter shoes are now following me around the internet
    AHHHH GENE PARMESAN
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board