Massachusetts-Cape Cod
Options

Affordable Hair/Makeup?!?!?!

I'm getting married Labor Day weekend 2015 in Dennisport and while I realize that is a looong time from now, I'm trying to lock down price estimates for all of my vendors now to get my budget in order. Every single Bridal Hair/Makeup service I've looked at in MA is SUPER expensive! I think $150-$200 for an updo or makeup is insane! Does anyone have a recommendation for a reasonable, affordable vendor? Thanks!

Re: Affordable Hair/Makeup?!?!?!

• Options
    Yeah unfortunately it seems to be fairly expensive on the Cape. I'm getting married next Month in Dennis and I've paid to have the hair and makeup people come to our location. I'm using Kimberly Richard for makeup (she is absolutely awesome) and her fee is $150, which includes all makeup (obviously) plus lashes, blotting paper and a travel fee. That fee does NOT include a trial. She charges $75/bridesmaid.

For hair I'm using Amy Button from LaSabrina Hair Design. Her fee is $200 which includes the trial, all products, a travel fee and deposit (which was $75). She charges $65/bridesmaid.

All things considered I think its worth shelling out the bucks, particularly if you want them to come to you. Looking pretty on my wedding day is not something I want to stress about!
  • Options
    Thanks so much for the information kkleigh10! Those prices aren't so bad when you consider travel and everything else and I agree with you about that being the LAST thing I want to stress about! :)
  • Options
    I'm using Liz from Makeup Artistry Inc. She's on the south shore but travels without a travel fee, i believe.  Wedding day makeup is$120 for the bride and she charged me $50 for the bridal trial. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards