Wedding Recap and Withdrawal

what did you get your husband for a wedding gift?

not married yet, but been pondering this for a while.
any good ideas?
just to give some background, FI is a simple man - not interested in "nice" things, so even though i'd like to buy him a nice wallet or watch, it wouldn't be the highlight of his life.
also, into sports, but not a crazy fan, so that wouldn't be that special either.

any thoughts?

Re: what did you get your husband for a wedding gift?

• We got matching tattoos for each other on our honeymoon.  We agreed that it was silly to buy "something" for each other when we share money and neither of us need anything - so we went for something really special that we were able to do together and have forever!

Just a thought, as I know tattoos are not for everyone.
  • bah! probably could never convince my FI to get a tattoo. and he'd probably hate it if i got one too, although i'm constantly considering it!

• I wrote a poem for my husband and read it to him on our wedding day.  He loved it and it was very special.
  • We got each other jewelry to wear day of... him cuff links, watch, etc... me earrings, necklace, bracelet, etc... 

• We wrote each other meaningful messages in cards and our parents gave them to us to read on the morning of the wedding.  
  • We're not getting eachother "gifts".  We figure paying for the wedding we want, having a nice day & going on our honeymoon are more than enough!  But, with that said, I did do a tiny something extra as a suprise, he's a Miami Dolphins fan, so I got a garter belt with that on that he doesn't know about.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Before the wedding, I was working on Vistaprint.com, and he saw me personalizing gift bags for the parents.  Then I showed him the T-Shirts you can personalize.  He joked and said I should get a t-shirt with our picture that says "just married."  Well, since vistaprint is so cheap, I did it.  He had no idea.  This was also months before the wedding, so he forgot about it by October.  He laughed SO hard when he opened it.  We had a tight budget, so the T-shirt was GREAT!

I also found a crown he wore one year (6 years ago) and wrapped it.

Then I took the watch a friend gave him before passing away and had it cleaned, repaired, and new batteries put it.  He teared up.

GREAT GIFTS for a GREAT HUSBAND!
  • Similar to the poem above, I gave DH the following items with notes attached:

Socks...For your (possibly) cold feet
    Whiskey nip....For your nerves
    Mints....For our first kiss
    "Just Married" thong (for me to wear, not him, lol)...For our honeymoon
    Cubs shirt...For a reminder that it is possible to love something unconditionally, even though it's not always easy
    Ipod...For the song of our lives together (obviously the "big ticket" item)
    A pic frame with one of our e-pics...For...ever

One of the girls on the Oct 10 board came up with the idea and I liked it so much I adopted it!
  • I got my husband a personalized Citi Field brick.  Insane Mets fan though.
    imageAnniversary

RIP Dr. Irving Fishman - 10/1/19-7/25/10 - thank you for holding on for me.
    You made my wedding day complete.
  • We did not get each other gifts. We paid for our own wedding and splurged on our HM. That was our together gift.
  • I got him a cross necklace from Zales. What's funny is that he got me a black and white diamond necklace from Zales also. I guess we think alike!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-recap-withdrawal_did-husband-wedding-gift?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:12Discussion:d4d9aa13-e77c-445c-b980-4c2ef2102bbcPost:e83c5254-834e-4d6c-a0cd-5f3f2e47fc38">Re: what did you get your husband for a wedding gift?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I got my husband a personalized Citi Field brick.  Insane Mets fan though.
    Posted by saisongbird[/QUOTE]

Wow this is a cool idea!! I need to write this down as an idea for our first anniversary (at Wrigley though). Thanks!
  • I got Alan an iPod touch and put all of the music we have shared together included the special songs from or reception. I also bought apps that he would enjoy like the Bruins schedule and Happy Hour specials and lots of other things he would use and like. He loves it and uses it every day. I also had it engraved on the back with the vows I had writeen him before we decided we weren't writing out own vows.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I was wondering what to get my FI too.  He's a huge movie buff and I was thinking about getting him some movies that he'd like to add to his collection.
    We're also getting tatoos after we get married.  Since the first day I met him he's called me his Little Strawberry and I've called him my Teddybear.  So my tattoo is going to be of a Teddybear holding a Little Strawberry in his paws. 
    His tattoo is going to be a family tree on his whole back with a strawberry patch underneath it.  It's going to be a willow tree with his name and my name on the bottom, and then all of the branches are going to have my four boys' names, his four kids' names, and his two grandbabies' names underneath their parent's names.
    I'm not sure what and if he's going to get me anything.  I really don't want anything, except to become his wife.  I like the idea of the ipod touch too.  I'd love to have one of them, but it's not important to me.  We have an ipod that we share and we listen to all of our songs that remind us of our relationship and that we picked out since we started seeing each other.
    I like the idea of the t-shirts too.  I have a jogging suit that I'm wearing the day of the wedding to get my hair done and it says "Bride" in rhinestones on the back of the pants and on the back of the jacket.  Came with a crown pin with blue rhinestones on it.  He bought that for me and I wasn't expecting it.  LOL!!!  So that can be my wedding gift.
    Well goodluck everyone and congratulations on your upcoming weddings and weddings that have already happened.
    Denise
  • I got him a handmade money clip off etsy with his initials hand stamped on it, a picture frame with some photos from our mission trip this summer, and a small album with our b-pics.

He got me a pendant off etsy and a jacket and headbands from lululemon...
  • I got him a Movado watch he had been eyeing for ages and ages but would never buy for himself. He got me the sweetest thing -- a beautiful aquamarine cushion cut ring with little diamonds around it to wear as my "something blue." I was so shocked. Love it. 
    www.simcoestreet.blogspot.com
  • We got "taken " t shirts ... and each other!
  • DH is a huge Cincinnati Bengals fan so, long story short, I was able to get in contact with the Bengals game announcer and he agreed to come to our reception to announce us and hubby and wife.  I told DH at our rehearsal dinner that he would be there and what he was doing.  I had a Bengals groom cake made and also had the announcer bring a Palmer jersey.  I wasn't working at the time, so I couldn't afford some big, fancy gift.  I ended up paying for the cake and the jersey (at a discounted rate).  My only regret is that not one person got any of the announcement at the reception on video!  :(
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-recap-withdrawal_did-husband-wedding-gift?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:12Discussion:d4d9aa13-e77c-445c-b980-4c2ef2102bbcPost:915b6ffd-1771-4ab9-9ca0-578673067a46">Re: what did you get your husband for a wedding gift?</a>:
    [QUOTE]B-Pics
    Posted by felicia220[/QUOTE]

Ditto this.. it's such a great idea and really a gift to both of you because they're so fun to do!
  • I'm making my future hubby a scrap book of just the two of us. We've gone on a lot of mini trips and I take pictures of everything! Also thinking about writting notes to each other to recieve before the wedding.
  • As far as I know b-pics are boudoir pics -- sexy photos, can be just of the lady or of the two of you together.
  • Oh ok thanks...
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-recap-withdrawal_did-husband-wedding-gift?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:12Discussion:d4d9aa13-e77c-445c-b980-4c2ef2102bbcPost:fb95dcb6-a670-4b9c-bc85-4fe2b6f34fdc">Re: what did you get your husband for a wedding gift?</a>:
    [QUOTE]We got matching tattoos for each other on our honeymoon.  We agreed that it was silly to buy "something" for each other when we share money and neither of us need anything - so we went for something really special that we were able to do together and have forever! Just a thought, as I know tattoos are not for everyone.
    Posted by kearstin1218[/QUOTE]

I love this! I don't have a tattoo, but I've been wanting to get one FOREVER. Just never really pushed myself to go I guess. But FI has quite a few tattoos and was looking to get some more. I definitely think this would be something he would love to do. Especially if we got on incorporating not just him and I, but our kids also =]
  • My soon to be hubby is a Cubs fan and I LOVE that idea! I am a Sox fan so I love him no matter what!

Fantastic idea, I am borrowing it ;-)

• We got each other jewelry to wear day of... him cuff links, watch, etc... me earrings, necklace, bracelet, etc... 
    I know this is a zombie thread and you said this 3 years ago, but, didn't you already have your jewelry picked out?
  • I got my fiance golf ball cuff links. He's a HUGE golf fanatic (he's actually golfing 9 holes the morning of the wedding to relax) and since I planned most of the wedding, I thought that it would be nice to be able to incorporate something that he enjoys so much. I got them on Etsy for $25, so they're not real silver or anything, but he'll appreciate them. They're very classy looking. I'm excited.
  • @knotporscha. Please.

2010 was much too long ago.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards