Registry and Gift Forum

Bed Bath and Beyond FYI

I'm not generally a forum user, but I'd like to share a recent experience I had. We're registered at Bed Bath and Beyond but haven't officially told all of our people yet. Someone must have looked around and found our registry, because the other day, I found a FedEx tracking slip on my door.  I tracked the package and found that it is a SodaStream from our BB&B registry. SodaStreams are considered hazardous and only the addressee (not the employees of my apartment building) can accept the package. I wasn't able to take off work and due to an error at my local FedEx location, it ended up being shipped back to SodaStream.  

I called SodaStream, as the returned package would be going to them, not Bed Bath and Beyond and they told me they have no way of tracking things and I'd have to speak to Bed Bath and Beyond.  Fine.  I send an email in to BB&B and found I was SOL.  They don't send information to registrants, only the customer.  They suggested I contact the customer, but wouldn't tell me who the customer was.  I'm not about to send a group email out to my invite list asking who bought me something already.  Apparently, if I want to get information about the packages headed my way, I have to monitor their site and contact them whenever something new is purchased. 

Perhaps this is the same everywhere and I'm in for a headache with Crate and Barrel too, but I sure hope not.

Re: Bed Bath and Beyond FYI

• BB&B won't tell you who purchased something for you OFF YOUR REGISTRY?  What?  That's utterly ridiculous.
  • Oh no: ( Hopefully you get it straightened out soon! We recently had a shower gift shipped to us in error from Bed Bath & Beyond. My aunt ordered it to have it shipped to her own address; however it came to our house. I know mix ups happen and she wasn't upset by it; however I'd be disappointed if I ordered a gift for someone and it went to them without me wanting it to!
  • Well, it's not like they take down names of all their customers. At least not at the ones I've been to. I've purchased things from BBB from registries and they never asked for my name.
  • Well, it's not like they take down names of all their customers. At least not at the ones I've been to. I've purchased things from BBB from registries and they never asked for my name.

Stupid Quote Boxes!!!

If they shipped it to her then they had to get the customer's billing information so they would have the name.
  • This sounds more like a Fed Ex issue then a BBB issue.

Anniversary
  • chibiyui said:
    This sounds more like a Fed Ex issue then a BBB issue.
    I agree. You might want to consider changing the address of where your are sending stuff to a place where someone is generally home. I'm having my stuff shipped to work since it would be a mess to ship to my apartment.

FYI Both Fedex and UPS off the ability to reroute a package to a UPS/Fedex store online. Fedex is free while UPS is $5
  • It's not that they wouldn't tell you who the customer is, they can't tell you who the customer is because they don't know. They keep track of the items that have been purchased, but there is no way to tell who purchased what. However, the customer who did purchase it should get an email that the item was not able to be delivered and that their money is being refunded, in which case they may re-send it. So I agree with the previous poster who recommended having gifts shipped to a different address where someone is home to accept them.
  • Whoever said they can't provide the purchaser's name is probably lying. I've been able to use the chat function on the BB&B website to ask an employee for a list of who has made purchases off of my registry, and they e-mail it to me within half an hour or so. I would try that - I hope you can figure it out! This stuff really makes me grateful for Williams Sonoma's thank you note manager!
    Presumably it was ordered online, so yeah, they would definitely know who purchased it.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'd call and talk to someone else and see if they will give you the purchaser's name.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards