March 2015 Weddings

Picking a florist...

Is overwhelming. I just got a quote today for $3500. Um, no thanks. Plus I'm crazy paranoid that my bouquet and centerpieces won't turn out how I want. 

Any tips?

imageimage

Re: Picking a florist...

• Did you post on the local boards on The Knot and Wedding Wire asking for recommendations? That's how I found my florist. I posted on local boards and over half of the people responding recommended the same person. She gave me a quote of $975 for all of my flowers including 20 centerpieces, set up, delivery to the church and the reception hall and sales tax! I had been considering doing my flowers myself and buying them from Sam's Club but her price is cheaper than buying them wholesale.

• My friend did her own flowers and centerpieces. She ordered her flowers from SAMs club and said it saved her a ton! Not sure if you'd be interested in that or not but its something to think about/look into!
  • alm199 said:

Did you post on the local boards on The Knot and Wedding Wire asking for recommendations? That's how I found my florist. I posted on local boards and over half of the people responding recommended the same person. She gave me a quote of $975 for all of my flowers including 20 centerpieces, set up, delivery to the church and the reception hall and sales tax! I had been considering doing my flowers myself and buying them from Sam's Club but her price is cheaper than buying them wholesale.

I did but it's quite dead in there. I got a few responses but I already have a floral distributor (aka free flowers) and would like to cut costs by having someone arrange them. Trouble is, I can't find a florist willing to use my flowers -.-

misspai66 said:
    My friend did her own flowers and centerpieces. She ordered her flowers from SAMs club and said it saved her a ton! Not sure if you'd be interested in that or not but its something to think about/look into!
    I helped my sister with her did her DIY flowers. Definitely 4 hours of something I don't want/can't afford/not that good at. And we didn't even do the bouquets, only the centerpieces.  I already have flowers, I just need them arranged.

Albeit, the wedding is in a very expensive area (Miami), I just wasn't expecting $1k more than what I budgeted. 

imageimage

• Ohh I understand! I didn't realize you already had your flowers! What about finding a friend or family member or family friend who is rather crafty and would be able to do what you want? You could offer to pay them & I'm sure they'd accept whatever you felt comfortable giving them?
  • I'm not sure why a florist would quote $3500 if you already had the flowers. That seems a little steep. Maybe keep asking around? Otherwise like PPs said, maybe find a very gifted friend who would be able to do them.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • misspai66 said:
    Ohh I understand! I didn't realize you already had your flowers! What about finding a friend or family member or family friend who is rather crafty and would be able to do what you want? You could offer to pay them & I'm sure they'd accept whatever you felt comfortable giving them?
    They wouldn't have the resources necessary to hold all the flowers I need. But thanks for the idea!

tcnoble said:
    I'm not sure why a florist would quote $3500 if you already had the flowers. That seems a little steep. Maybe keep asking around? Otherwise like PPs said, maybe find a very gifted friend who would be able to do them.
    Come to find out, that wasn't using our flowers (they don't allow that because they want to ensure the quality, which I understand). I would never ask a friend or family member to do what I'm asking. I wasn't thrilled when I was voluntold by my sister to do hers, I wouldn't want to reciprocate that back to someone. 

imageimage

• Well good luck! Hopefully you can figure it out in a way that can fit in your budget.
  • @alm199 who is your florest you found at that great rate? I am getting married in Long Island next year and have started to look. Thank you!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Mine is Budget Blossoms by Jillian in Pittsburgh, PA but she books 8-12 month in advance because she's so popular. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards