Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions

Reserved Seating for VIP Guests During Ceremony

I tried to look for other discussions with this topic and I only found one and it didn't really help.

I am getting married next Friday (April 25th) and for some reason I just thought about where is my parents, FI parents, etc. going to sit after the processional? Should I really "rope off" the first and second row for these VIPs or should I just hope my guests have enough common sense not to sit there.

FYI: we are only having a MOH and BM in our WP so I can't really have them seat the guests. 

I am open to all suggestions Thank you

Re: Reserved Seating for VIP Guests During Ceremony

• You can if you want it. But I think its a given that the first row or two are reserved for family.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • ElcaBElcaB member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Personally, I'd do something to indicate the seats are reserved. With some people, you never know. 
  • At my sister's first wedding, her clueless friends crowded into the front rows.  My grandmother had to stand in the back!  Yes, you should rope off a row or two.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • CMGragain said:
    At my sister's first wedding, her clueless friends crowded into the front rows.  My grandmother had to stand in the back!  Yes, you should rope off a row or two.

Why not just ask the friends to move back a few rows?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • KatWAG said:
    CMGragain said:
    At my sister's first wedding, her clueless friends crowded into the front rows.  My grandmother had to stand in the back!  Yes, you should rope off a row or two.

Because people who would assume it's okay to take the front row at a wedding will create unnecessary drama when asked to move, so people looking to avoid the drama tend to suck it up and put up with bad treatment so as not to create "scenes."
  • Jen4948 said:
    KatWAG said:
    CMGragain said:

Because people who would assume it's okay to take the front row at a wedding will create unnecessary drama when asked to move, so people looking to avoid the drama tend to suck it up and put up with bad treatment so as not to create "scenes."
    I dont think that is a fair assumption, so people dont go to a lot of weddings. But if the family wasnt willing to have a 10 second potentially awkward conversation, then it must not have been a huge deal for grammy to sit in the back.  
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • People usually know enough to leave the first two rows free, but some people are truly clueless.
    Do you think groomsmen could double as ushers? Or someone who works at the venue?
    I suppose you could rope off an area, but how does that work? Does someone come along and take down the barrier before the procession starts?
  • Sometimes people just do things without thinking, or assume there aren't VIPs who may need to sit there, or any number of reasons. Just rope off the row(s) so everyone has room.

• jphil0790jphil0790 member
    5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited April 2014
    People usually know enough to leave the first two rows free, but some people are truly clueless. Do you think groomsmen could double as ushers? Unfortunately we only have two people in our wedding party MOH will be with me helping me finishing getting ready and the BM with be with FI Or someone who works at the venue? I suppose you could rope off an area, but how does that work? Does someone come along and take down the barrier before the procession starts? I was wondering the same thing 
    I just emailed my venue to see if the DOC could act somewhat like an usher, guess I should of done that first :)

Edited: my spelling is horrible today
  • UPDATE: My venue wrote back saying the DOC will be able to handle this situation.

Thank you ladies for your input :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards