Rhode Island

Ceremony spot by The Towers

edited April 2014 in Rhode Island
Help! My fiancé and I booked The Towers in Narragansett for our wedding on Saturday, October 4, 2014. We booked it last January and were planning on having the ceremony on the lawn by the gazebo across the street, cocktail hour in the courtyard and the reception inside The Towers. Well, The Towers staff completely dropped the ball and failed to mention there's a separate contract to sign to reserve the gazebo area. Now, it's been rented by a group that's going to be making scarecrows with families, so no ceremony there! Does anyone know of a pretty outdoor area close to The Towers where we could have our ceremony? I'd prefer it not be an establishment that typically holds receptions, only because I'd feel bad since we won't be having the reception there. Thanks!!

Re: Ceremony spot by The Towers

• OMG I'm sorry this happened to you - I'd be SO MAD.  Have you contacted them to see what they suggest, since it's their fault you no longer have an available ceremony location?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Yes, Kate Vivian was hardly apologetic. Her suggestions were to use the courtyard (where we're having our cocktail hour anyhow)-but I really want a lawn, not bricks underfoot... And her other suggestion was this bridge overpass a mile up the road which is AWFUL! So close to the road, people kayak and fish right there, and it's just "ugly." Donna, the assistant coordinator, whom we met with when we signed our contract, hasn't returned my call or email.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards