September 2014 Weddings

Is it too late to send STDs?

The wedding is in September, its a DW for most. I know invites are supposed to go out at the 8 week mark. I originally wasn't planning on having any sort of shower or doing STDs but turns out there are a few things we could use so we registered. I created a wedding website and a FB event for it but there are a handful of people who don't get online and won't see these things. I'm wondering if I should bother with STDs at this point... :/

Re: Is it too late to send STDs?

• Yes, it's pretty late for Save the Dates. They generally go out 6-8 months prior, even earlier for DWs, but they're by no means necessary. You can bump your invitations a few weeks earlier since it's a DW, maybe to 12 weeks tops. Work on spreading your date via word of mouth, not Facebook, in the meantime. Not a big deal.

Save the Dates have nothing to do with whether you're having a shower or not, but since you mentioned it... What do you mean you weren't originally planning to have one? A shower is not something that you plan for yourself, nor can you ask for one to be thrown for you. It is a gift that anyone can choose to throw in your honor, but to plan one for yourself is seen as incredibly rude and gift-grabby. Not every bride gets a shower. You can still have a registry for wedding gifts, but you shouldn't mention it on your invitations. That gets spread via word of mouth as well (people will ask you or your parents where you're registered, or they're super easy to find via Google). This has been discussed a lot on the pre-wedding parties board.

• Yep, especially since your invitations should be going out in 2 1/2 - 3 months.
    Anniversary

• I haven't sent out my save the dates yet
  • Yes, it's pretty late for Save the Dates. They generally go out 6-8 months prior, even earlier for DWs, but they're by no means necessary. You can bump your invitations a few weeks earlier since it's a DW, maybe to 12 weeks tops. Work on spreading your date via word of mouth, not Facebook, in the meantime. Not a big deal.

Save the Dates have nothing to do with whether you're having a shower or not, but since you mentioned it... What do you mean you weren't originally planning to have one? A shower is not something that you plan for yourself, nor can you ask for one to be thrown for you. It is a gift that anyone can choose to throw in your honor, but to plan one for yourself is seen as incredibly rude and gift-grabby. Not every bride gets a shower. You can still have a registry for wedding gifts, but you shouldn't mention it on your invitations. That gets spread via word of mouth as well (people will ask you or your parents where you're registered, or they're super easy to find via Google). This has been discussed a lot on the pre-wedding parties board.
    Okay should have worded that differently, I originally said I didn't want a shower, I caved and gave me moh permission but asked that it not be labeled a shower have a luncheon or brunch instead. I thought it would be nice for my family members who won't be able to make it to the wedding to be able to participate in some aspect.

I know the bride doesn't throw her own shower, or plan her own shower. My MOH just wants to be sure I like it and honor me the way I did her. I am not usually comfortable being the center of attention and this whole wedding thing is stressing me out to the max. Too many decisions, too many choices... sorry I got off on a tangent.
  • Gotcha. Just make sure anyone invited to the luncheon is invited to the wedding!

• I am sending mine out tomorrow and we are getting Married the 20th of September. I don't see a problem your just about a month late since usually it's six to eight months. I think it's fine.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards