Wedding Party

Best Bridesmaid Gift You Received

2»

Re: Best Bridesmaid Gift You Received

• LTimo23 said:

I am throwing a bridesmaid dinner where we will go over my expectations for the wedding, their duties etc...
    This sounds like a really amazing gift.
  • LTimo23 said:
    I have never been a bridesmaid but here is where I am...

I am throwing a bridesmaid dinner where we will go over my expectations for the wedding, their duties etc... Its going to be at a nice Italian restaurant in Saratoga (I am paying the bill). At the dinner, I am getting them a bottle of the moscato that I am serving at my wedding before the ceremony (because they wont be able to taste it), personal cakes from my baker (the ones with the roses piped onto them), personalized binders with their names and position on them (made on Zazzle)... and I think thats it. At least thats how far I've gotten.

O and I also sent them "will you be my bridesmaids" cards via snail mail and asked for their response via Instagram/Facebook.

I am not sure what I am getting them for their actual gift gift... but this is my start.

BTW there are so many good ideas on here. I feel even more confused lol.
    Ick, and what duties?  They have no duties aside from getting the dress.

• Coffee pot. My office's communal coffee pot was broken for months, and I had been complaining about going to Starbuck so much. So, she got me a little Keurig. I still use it all the time. :)
    "There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness." -Friedrich Nietzsche, "On Reading and Writing"
  • larrygagalarrygaga member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited April 2014
    A scarf. I also got a really pretty framed picture of the whole WP. We are all good friends so it was pretty awesome. 

I mostly get little emergency purse kits and some form of alcohol. It would be stellar if a bride paid for the gas to get there. I'm still in school and I live far away from everyone.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• LTimo23 said:

I am throwing a bridesmaid dinner where we will go over my expectations for the wedding, their duties etc... Its going to be at a nice Italian restaurant in Saratoga (I am paying the bill). At the dinner, I am getting them a bottle of the moscato that I am serving at my wedding before the ceremony (because they wont be able to taste it), personal cakes from my baker (the ones with the roses piped onto them), personalized binders with their names and position on them (made on Zazzle)... and I think thats it. At least thats how far I've gotten.

O and I also sent them "will you be my bridesmaids" cards via snail mail and asked for their response via Instagram/Facebook.

I am not sure what I am getting them for their actual gift gift... but this is my start.

Their only duty is to show up with the right dress on, sober and showered. Don't make your friends hate you.

Also, why can't they taste the wine on the wedding day?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• larrygaga said:
    A scarf. I also got a really pretty framed picture of the whole WP. We are all good friends so it was pretty awesome. 

I mostly get little emergency purse kits and some form of alcohol. It would be stellar if a bride paid for the gas to get there. I'm still in school and I live far away from everyone.

That's a really, really good idea!
  • I have never been a bridesmaid but here is where I am...

I agree you should rethink this. It's nice to take them to dinner if you have wedding stuff to discuss but it sounds like you will be loading them up with responsibilities. I hope the binders are not for them to use for wedding duties because they really shouldn't have that much to work on that they would each need a whole binder. I think the consensus is that bridesmaids don't like things labelled with their "position" of MOH or bridesmaid because that role in your wedding is not central to their identity.
  • LTimo23 said:

Um...wtf do they need personalized Zazzle Bridesmaid binders for? To keep track of their bridesmaid "duties" that you've assigned to them?

Gross.  If you gave this to me, I'd shoot you a series of fatal dirty looks with some serious raised-eyebrow action.  And I'm a very organized, binder-loving person. But as part of a BM "duty gift"? Eff that. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Bwahahaha...personalized Zazzle binders...
  • I've received jewelry - which I don't think I've worn since, but that's ok - because it was special for my friend's wedding.

I'm thinking about making spoon rings for my girls as part of their gift. Entirely up to them if they wear them for the wedding or not. But I've thought about doing small gift baskets of lotions/picture frames/ and other items - I really like the idea of the coffee cup/water cup (personalized), and maybe a gift card to somewhere they really like to shop.

I've looked online and in catalogs and everything is so cookie cutter for gifts for the girls. I don't want to be that person that didn't put any thought/effort into picking something out for my girls. The gift baskets may be the same (with the items) but individualized by scents, personalization, store taste.

I've seen a lot of wonderful ideas here!

• Viczaesar said:
    LTimo23 said:

Ick, and what duties?  They have no duties aside from getting the dress.
    Gross.  A dinner to discuss duties?  You give me a binder full of my duties and I'm suddenly going to remember that I have a family reunion the weekend of your wedding and can't make it.

I don't need anything personalized as a bridesmaid gift.  I'm perfectly able to know which beach bag, coffee mug, or flask is mine without my initials emblazoned all over it.  Use the money you're spending on personalization and get me an extra bottle of champagne.

The best gift I've gotten as a bridesmaid was a book.  At the time I thought it was bizarre that she got us each different books as our gift, but she put so much thought into it and really got me a book that fit my personality and nobody else's.  It wasn't a very good book, but the thought was there.
  • I'm checking out my bridesmaids pinboards for things they have pinned that they want or have liked and things like that for ideas. I'm also sewing them all clutches to match their dresses.

Wedding Black & White, Sepia
  • debmonn said:
    I'm checking out my bridesmaids pinboards for things they have pinned that they want or have liked and things like that for ideas. I'm also sewing them all clutches to match their dresses.
    I would love a gift like that. So much time and thought!
  • I really think the PP with the dinner and binders was a fake poster. The note about "will you be my bm cards" amd respond via instagram gave it away for me.
  • Sock subscription from www.sockwork.com it's the gift that keeps giving!
    @KnotPorscha, vendor.
  • Because I'm getting married in Puerto Rico, I'm giving my girls a personalized beach bag, a personalized beach towel, a wet bikini bag, a leather koozie, a "LOVE" wine stopper, a nail polish that matches their dress, a robe and a bracelet/earrings for them to wear in the wedding.

The best gift I got was a Kate Spade overnight bag that I use all the time on weekend trips.  :)

• I've never been a bridesmaid but i'm giving my party a basket of stuff from Lush because my best friend is vegan and has a hard time finding/affording nice vegan beauty products and the dirty line smells similar to the body spray he used to use before going veg, one bridesmaid is the one who got me into the brand so o know she'll love it, and the other is a super girly girl so I think she'll like some of their rose scented products. I want to give something else too but I haven't decided what.

When is it customary to give the gifts? Before the wedding day? While you're getting ready? After the reception?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards